Josh McDaniels doesn’t rule out benching Derek Carr

BuffaloBills1998

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Saban is his only success I can think of.. what’s odd is he has a few GMs from his coaching tree. 

Not Saban level "success" but Bill O'Brien had a decent enough run in Houston too. 4 division titles in 7 years, 5 winning seasons in his 6 completed ones. I think he could coach but (and McDaniels has some of this too) let's his ego get in the way of football decisions too often. Billy O the coach was brought down by Billy O the GM. 

35 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why would you hate Kirk Cousins so much?

Maybe he doesn't like that?

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The problem Is to many of them act like BB and not themselves. Also the Patriot way is simple.. have a great QB and give him average talent on O that he can lift up while spending more money on the D and special Teams..  the scary part is I can’t think of a great Young QB who doesn’t have at least one elite WR/TE with them.. 

Yea I think that model of "get a great QB and a good oline and then spend the rest on your defense and special teams" is starting to look a little jaded. It wasn't just the Patriots. Baltimore won the Joe Flacco superbowl that way. They had Anquan Bolden who was a nice player but nowhere near elite and then a couple of speedsters who just ran go routes. The more fashionable approach now is actually the Peyton Manning Colts approach. Pay your QB, your weapons and your pass rushers and then as long as you have a couple of reliable guys on the oline you can fill the rest in around it. 

19 hours ago, TBBills said:

I was laughing at the fact you take everything seriously, just like now... on the internet. Are you Derek's parents or something you seem to care a lot about this guy.

Whatever team makes the wrong decision and picks him up will just be getting a worse draft pick the year after b/c that is all a QB like him can give you.

I take everything too seriously? Maybe you have me confused with someone else. 

I have zero interest in Carr or the Raiders, I was just pointing out that Devante said the exact opposite of what you suggested. 

You can just admit when you’re wrong, it’s not that big a deal. 

Bwah-hahahahahahaRoflRoffelhaha!’n!! 

• Eyeroll 1

42 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I take everything too seriously? Maybe you have me confused with someone else. 

I have zero interest in Carr or the Raiders, I was just pointing out that Devante said the exact opposite of what you suggested. 

You can just admit when you’re wrong, it’s not that big a deal. 

Bwah-hahahahahahaRoflRoffelhaha!’n!! 

How am I wrong? Please explain, he isn't a good QB and he won't be with the team after this year. Please show me where I am wrong.

Believe in your PR bull#### all you want, money is the driving factor. Adams won't be playing with Carr so by your logic he will be leaving the Raiders to follow Carr.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

How am I wrong? Please explain, he isn't a good QB and he won't be with the team after this year. Please show me where I am wrong.

Believe in your PR bull#### all you want, money is the driving factor. Adams won't be playing with Carr so by your logic he will be leaving the Raiders to follow Carr.

Actually Adams said the main reason he went to LV was because Carr was their QB. He isn’t going anywhere because he is under contract. 

Carr is an average QB now, he had his best years wasted with bad coaching (Yes Gruden was bad and IMO an over rated Coach) and poor teams. 

30 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Actually Adams said the main reason he went to LV was because Carr was their QB. He isn’t going anywhere because he is under contract. 

Carr is an average QB now, he had his best years wasted with bad coaching (Yes Gruden was bad and IMO an over rated Coach) and poor teams. 

McDaniels is a awful leader (happened with Bronco's from past when McDaniels was HC then to Raiders now). Lots of times watch some breakdown's. He's calling lots of go routes with Adams. (where is the comeback's and other stuff for scheme)  Poor scheming, poor coaching and bad leadership. Brady made McDaniels. (have lots of respect to Belichick) .Carr can get sloppy footwork. I wonder if those two don't work well together. They should of kept Rich Bisaccia. He inspired the team to do well. Carr and him worked together well. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I already pointed out where you were wrong. You said he didn’t join the Raiders to be on a team with Carr. He said he did, with his own mouth. 

You and I both know a contracted player can’t just leave a team because he’s unhappy. So your logic about my logic is flawed. 

There’s zero benefit for Adams to say he went there to work with Carr after he’s been sat, and is almost assuredly cut in the off-season other than letting the team know he’s unhappy with the choice. 

Just freakin’ admit you were wrong. All it will do is build a strong trust and bond for us going forward. Don’t you want that for us?! 

• Dislike 1

On 12/28/2022 at 4:03 AM, Nelius said:

Is Carr now a better representative of QB purgatory than Kirk Cousins? I don't know man, I hate Kirk Cousins so much, but this year has been a doozy. I think Carr is the new poster boy.

It's always been the Tannehill/Carr types.  Cousins is a level or more above.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yea we know players say PR things to boost up moral. Money was all that matters.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And produced a solid offense. The problem with the Raiders this year (and every other year) is their defense. They had a defense ranked in the top half of the league on EITHER yards or points ONCE in Carr's time as their QB. Last year. And he made the playoffs. 

I am not telling anyone Derek Carr is elite. He clearly isn't. But he isn't even among the top 5 issues with the Raiders. To be so inept on defense for so long is really hard in this league. 

Strongly disagree with this take. He’s been on the team for 9 almost 10 years. 9-10 years and you still can’t get it done then you are one of the top 5 problems. He begged for Davante and got him, he has arguably the best running game in the league and he still struggled and has looked worse than he has in the past 4 seasons. The game against Jax he had a total of 35 yards in the 2nd half. He got blown out against a terrible NO team that’s in full rebuild mode. Couldn’t beat a practice squad rams defense after leading in that game and did everything he could to keep the rams in that game. Blew the first game against the chargers with 3 picks. Last year in the playoffs against Cincinnati him and the offense had 8 plays in the 4th quarter on cinci’s 10 yard line and not one pass ended up in the end zone. If you can’t see that he’s one of the top 5 problems then your either blind as a bat or because you really like the guy, your simply in denial 

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And produced a solid offense. The problem with the Raiders this year (and every other year) is their defense. They had a defense ranked in the top half of the league on EITHER yards or points ONCE in Carr's time as their QB. Last year. And he made the playoffs. 

I am not telling anyone Derek Carr is elite. He clearly isn't. But he isn't even among the top 5 issues with the Raiders. To be so inept on defense for so long is really hard in this league. 

One more thing I’ll add is that it took Miami 9 years to finally wake up and realize that Tannehill wasn’t the answer and an argument can be made that Ryan and Derek are almost the same QB with Derek only being slightly better. 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Strongly disagree with this take. He’s been on the team for 9 almost 10 years. 9-10 years and you still can’t get it done then you are one of the top 5 problems. He begged for Davante and got him, he has arguably the best running game in the league and he still struggled and has looked worse than he has in the past 4 seasons. The game against Jax he had a total of 35 yards in the 2nd half. He got blown out against a terrible NO team that’s in full rebuild mode. Couldn’t beat a practice squad rams defense after leading in that game and did everything he could to keep the rams in that game. Blew the first game against the chargers with 3 picks. Last year in the playoffs against Cincinnati him and the offense had 8 plays in the 4th quarter on cinci’s 10 yard line and not one pass ended up in the end zone. If you can’t see that he’s one of the top 5 problems then your either blind as a bat or because you really like the guy, your simply in denial 

One more thing I’ll add is that it took Miami 9 years to finally wake up and realize that Tannehill wasn’t the answer and an argument can be made that Ryan and Derek are almost the same QB with Derek only being slightly better. 

9 years. 18 opportunities to have a defense in the top half of the NFL by either yards or points.

They managed it once, last year, and Carr took them to the playoffs. 14 of those 18 rankings were worse than 20th. Their defense has been dreadful his entire run there. 

Elite guys can overcome bad defenses. Carr is not elite. But give him even average defenses and he is a playoff Quarterback.

You have a vendetta against Carr and you are obsessed over it. I have no delusion. I am totally neutral on the guy. His constant God stuff actually irritates me immensely. I jusy have eyes and am objective. 

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

9 years. 18 opportunities to have a defense in the top half of the NFL by either yards or points.

They managed it once, last year, and Carr took them to the playoffs. 14 of those 18 rankings were worse than 20th. Their defense has been dreadful his entire run there. 

Elite guys can overcome bad defenses. Carr is not elite. But give him even average defenses and he is a playoff Quarterback

Idk the raiders defense last year was pretty good not great but Gus had those guys competing last year. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. That was the 1 top half out of 18 tries. And they made the playoffs... look at that. 

And again who screwed the pooch in the playoff game? You can’t overlook 8 plays in the 4th quarter on cinci’s 10 yard line and not one of them made it in a receivers hands in the end zone. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. That was the 1 top half out of 18 tries. And they made the playoffs... look at that. 

Also it’s hard for a 20th ranked defense to get off the field when their offense keeps going 3 and out and can’t generate a drive or points

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

And again who screwed the pooch in the playoff game? You can’t overlook 8 plays in the 4th quarter on cinci’s 10 yard line and not one of them made it in a receivers hands in the end zone. 

I am not arguing Carr is elite though. But he isn't one of the top 5 problems on that team. And he never has been.

Can you win a Superbowl with him? Maybe not. But you can be a regular playoff team with Carr by simply playing average defense.

Terrible ownership. Terrible defenses. Terrible coaching. Decent Quarterbacking. 

And they dump the Quarterback. Raiders gonna Raider.

Edited by GunnerBill

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not arguing Carr is elite though. But he isn't one of the top 5 problems on that team. And he never has been.

Can you win a Superbowl with him? Maybe not. But you can be a regular playoff team with Carr by simply playing average defense.

Terrible ownership. Terrible defenses. Terrible coaching. Decent Quarterbacking. 

And they dump the Quarterback. Raiders gonna Raider.

But is not just about making the playoffs it’s about competing for a SB and eventually winning one. You just admitted that you can’t win a SB with Carr as your starter. So what that tells me is that he’s a Ryan Fitzpatrick level back up that at times like Fitzpatrick, can be successful and look the part. 

15 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Isn’t fun for u to act like u know football when u obviously don’t? Carr is a 3 time pro bowl QB has thrown for over 35,000 yds in his career . Last season he lead his team to 7 come back victories and almost defeated the Bengals on the road in the wildcard game. Since 2015 he has the most 4th quarter comeback victories in the NFL (23) and most game winning drives (29) . He’s a good QB NOT GREAT NOT ELITE do u know the difference? 

pro bowl means nothing. He's not that good.

People who use pro bowl as a measure of anything are not people that know football.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But is not just about making the playoffs it’s about competing for a SB and eventually winning one. You just admitted that you can’t win a SB with Carr as your starter. So what that tells me is that he’s a Ryan Fitzpatrick level back up that at times like Fitzpatrick, can be successful and look the part. 

No it doesn't. That is where you are talking bull####. There is a million miles between Fitz and Carr. 

You might not be able to win a Superbowl with Carr, you certainly can't win multiple. Lightening in a bottle can happen - see Joe Flacco. But that is true for about 25 of the QBs in the league. So unless your argument is there are 7 or 8 good QBs and everyone else should be a "backup" which might I add is a ***** ludicrous position. Then you have no argument.

Carr started day one as a rookie.  Since then, he has had 6 HCs and I won't count how many OCs and QBCs.

He has flashed from a very good QB to average and it's hard for me to judge what he could have been with a

stable franchise.  In his 9 years he has had only 1 playoff games and lost.  His injury to end the 2016 season

and not playing in the Raiders playoff game that year was a shame.

He has been durable and if I have a negative thing to say about him is that his consistency has been lacking.

It's impossible for me to determine what kind of QB he could have been, but I do think he had a raw deal. 

It's time for him to move on and have a chance to show if he can get better (or worse) with a new team.

Unfortunately, I think he is damaged from his career with the Raiders and I'm not sure he can be fully fixed.

I do wish him luck against the league, minus the Bills.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I already pointed out where you were wrong. You said he didn’t join the Raiders to be on a team with Carr. He said he did, with his own mouth. 

You and I both know a contracted player can’t just leave a team because he’s unhappy. So your logic about my logic is flawed. 

There’s zero benefit for Adams to say he went there to work with Carr after he’s been sat, and is almost assuredly cut in the off-season other than letting the team know he’s unhappy with the choice. 

Just freakin’ admit you were wrong. All it will do is build a strong trust and bond for us going forward. Don’t you want that for us?! 

Actually he joined the raiders because Rodgers told him that he might retire after this season or next season. Obviously Adams didn’t like what he was seeing from Love otherwise he probably would’ve stayed. Especially since GB was offering more guaranteed money than LV

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Actually he joined the raiders because Rodgers told him that he might retire after this season or next season. Obviously Adams didn’t like what he was seeing from Love otherwise he probably would’ve stayed. Especially since GB was offering more guaranteed money than LV

That’s not what Adam’s said. I think I’ll take his word over a random Bills fan on a Buffalo Bills message board. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

That’s not what Adam’s said. I think I’ll take his word over a random Bills fan on a Buffalo Bills message board. 

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/raiders-wr-davante-adams-aaron-rodgers-looming-retirement-factored-into-exit-fro Do your research before posting

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/davante-adams-says-38-year-old-aaron-rodgers-looming-retirement-is-partly-the-reason-he-left-green-bay/amp/ Here’s another one

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.