Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Neither has Gabe Davis

Anyone expecting Gabe to continue anywhere close to how he performed in the KC game is nuts.  Not the poster nuts, crazy nuts (though both could be considered the same).

That being said, he hasn't really come close to half of that production he had but is surpassing his previous years performances.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

We have been SB favorites for quite some time . The Buffalo Bills SB status and odds have been part of every nationally syndicated sports shows schedule for months. All of these talking head shows need conflict. Nick Wright has taken the role of the WWF heel for Bills fans and it plays off other talking heads. Skip Bayless loves the Cowboys and Brady, I don't think Shannon Sharp hates either. But somebody has to take the opposite side. I don't know what the expectation is, every show to unanimously anoint the Bills?

I find Nick Wright annoying, but I don't think he is far off here. QB play has not met the standard that JA17 set at the end of last regular/post season and early this season. I don't particularly care if he is fellating Josh and I don't get the sense that the Bills have not been given enough respect by sports journalism at scale.

Let's be a little realistic here with regards to Josh. There is no way that his performance vs KC is a bar setting. Josh can't  play like that every game. That's just not realistic unless you think he's a robot. Heck, the GOAT Brady played plenty of bad games throughout the regular season. 

Playoff football is a different animal with great pressure vs quality teams. Just ask Lamar...The greats preform at their best during critical moments such as the playoffs. I'm expecting Josh to be great in the playoffs. How great is debatable. One thing I like is the Bills are still winning when Josh plays below his standard. That's a sign of a very good team. This year it feels like Allen doesn't have to play Superman for the Bills to win. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Nope.  WW II was a must win per Marv levy, not a football game.  Especially when you will be at least a 3 seed.

It's not a must win but our chances to reach the Super Bowl improve dramatically if they do win it. Assuming they don't screw up against NE.

For all the JA bashing by national media. And I agree he’s a bit up and down. Let’s look at stats for the past 6 games. TD’s/Int’s/W-L 

You would think JA has been not even close to these two. This doesn’t include his running threat. Also, his prime time stats this year are 18-3 and 6-0. I suspect he plays well and the Bills get home field with a win vs. very good Bengals team. 

JA     12-3   6-0

PM    12-4.  5-1

JB      15-6  6-0 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Anyone expecting Gabe to continue anywhere close to how he performed in the KC game is nuts.  Not the poster nuts, crazy nuts (though both could be considered the same).

That being said, he hasn't really come close to half of that production he had but is surpassing his previous years performances.

Wait, it's unreasonable to expect 3600 yards and 68 TD's this season for Gabe? 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

For all the JA bashing by national media. And I agree he’s a bit up and down. Let’s look at stats for the past 6 games. TD’s/Int’s/W-L 

You would think JA has been not even close to these two. This doesn’t include his running threat. Also, his prime time stats this year are 18-3 and 6-0. I suspect he plays well and the Bills get home field with a win vs. very good Bengals team. 

JA     12-3   6-0

PM    12-4.  5-1

JB      15-6  6-0 

I don't see anyone really bashing him besides one of the ugliest dudes on TV. Nick Wright. To get views and clicks. Talk about a face only a mother would love. 

I just want to see Diggs get 12+ targets. Only has 16 the last 3 games. That's unacceptable.  Jefferson/Chase/Hill get that per game! Feed 14!!

Targets last 3 games

Diggs -16

Hill - 29

Chase - 39

Jefferson - 47

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It's more Nick Wright overall being a heel for clickbait. Basically, anything that is a threat to Chiefs dominance sets him off. The man has argued that Josh is an below average QB and that Tua/Herbert/Lawrence should be in the Pro bowl over Allen

He’s a tv personality, that’s his job.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

JA     12-3   6-0

PM    12-4.  5-1

JB      15-6  6-0 

When it comes to Josh Allen, the media is 1 step forward and 10 steps back on every little thing. In context, it makes no sense, but when you have your head up your a** then Burrow and Mahomes are unquentionably a level above. 

Let's just win a SB and put an end to this. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh has been staying in the pocket giving up sacks where I feel he could escape if he needed or wanted. I think of at least 3 that he just took the loss instead of fight. I think that's by design 

Josh has been staying in the pocket giving up sacks where I feel he could escape if he needed or wanted. I think of at least 3 that he just took the loss instead of fight. I think that's by design 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

OK OK ! We get it!

Copa America Centenario Referee GIF by Univision Deportes

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

This is a must win

Indeed, unfortunately.

It's the difference between #1 and #3 seed. The lynchpin to this season has been the Bills earning the #1 seed. Without it, they're a toss-up amongst 4-5 other equal contenders in the AFC. 

12 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

When it comes to Josh Allen, the media is 1 step forward and 10 steps back on every little thing. In context, it makes no sense, but when you have your head up your a** then Burrow and Mahomes are unquentionably a level above. 

Let's just win a SB and put an end to this. 

The difference is Mahomes and Burrow are consistent.  It's a fact.  They are both good QBs that have great games sprinkled in.  Allen tends to be either a great game or an average game (sometimes even a bad game).

Mahomes 3 best ratings: 144.2, 132.4, 129.6

3 worst: 85.2, 80.9, 78.5 (week 3 vs the colts)

Burrow 3 best: 138.2, 126.6, 126.0

3 worst: 85.3 82.7, 61.7 (week 1 vs the steelers)

Allen 3 best: 134.1, 128/9, 119.2

worst: 71.3, 68.4, 46.8(week 9 vs the jets)

They do have less bad games than Allen and that is the narrative.  I don't care for the stats about it because what he does as a football player can make up for what he's not doing as a QB but that's where it comes from.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't see anyone really bashing him besides one of the ugliest dudes on TV. Nick Wright. To get views and clicks. Talk about a face only a mother would love. 

I just want to see Diggs get 12+ targets. Only has 16 the last 3 games. That's unacceptable.  Jefferson/Chase/Hill get that per game! Feed 14!!

Targets last 3 games

Diggs -16

Hill - 29

Chase - 39

Jefferson - 47

I love Diggs just as much as the next bills fan, but this got me thinking about whether Diggs is a true #1, or if he is then Dorsey doesn't know how to scheme him open. Idk  This isnt to argue with anyone or to say I don't like Diggs but you can't tell me that's other receivers aren't ever being doubled and schemed for but they still get their touches. Just thinking out loud so to say 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.