Should we go after Josh Jacobs?

BuffaloBills1998

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I would rather spend the cap dollars on the Oline or retaining defensive talent. Jacobs is a beast but I think James Cook is a ready to roll player and the team can bring back Hines as a return and third down back. You then could bring in a pure back up to platoon with Cook (hopefully Motor if his number is reasonable) on the cheap.

It is hard to get quality OL in free agency. McDermott needs to draft OL early and often. Do notice that I said McDermott, not Beane.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Singletary should be gone.  Don't give RBs big money.  That's why Cook was drafted.  Do it all over again in a couple years.

Remember Singletary was mentored by Gore who made a nice career on nfl and I don't even recall if he ever had one of the bigger rb contracts at any point in his career.  It will come down to if Singletary wants to cash in as much as he can or is he looking to play until his game falls off. Why I think he bulked up partially to be better as a blocker for Josh as well be more fit taking the hits as rb.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He looks/sounds fed up with the raiders. Some might call it a stretch but after watching this I think he can’t wait to get out. Also I don’t think we’re resigning Singletary 

Zero percent chance in my opinion they go after Jacobs.  Can’t afford to pay a RB what he will get, especially with major decisions at Safety and Edmunds contracts to go along with with rebuilding OL and adding another receiver too.  

You don’t pay a QB a quarter of a billion and then also pay to dollar for a RB, it’s a bad use of capital.  

Jacobs is a great player, but we can’t pursue him.  

35 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m fine with the backs now but I want Hunter Renfrow of all the players on that offense to bad he’s got another year on that offense 

Nah he’s got a lot of dropped passes at crucial times as well as fumbles

15 minutes ago, Malazan said:

not picking up his 5th year was sure an interesting strategy

He was inconsistent and was getting injured a lot. I understood why they didn’t pick up his 5 year but I’m sure they’re regretting it 110 percent

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Allen has already said he’ll restructure his contract, poyer is older and is injury prone now and I think most on here would agree that Edmunds isn’t worth paying big bucks to keep him around

I would contend that Edmunds is the most important player to extend of those due for a new deal.  Ed Oliver would be 2nd on that list.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I would rather spend the cap dollars on the Oline or retaining defensive talent. Jacobs is a beast but I think James Cook is a ready to roll player and the team can bring back Hines as a return and third down back. You then could bring in a pure back up to platoon with Cook (hopefully Motor if his number is reasonable) on the cheap.

Cook is the change of pace speed back.  Motor is the main mover. ( Think Thurman Thomas and Ken Davis)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RunninRebel37 said:

At the start of season he was. They declined 5th year option, drafted Zameer White in 4th round, and signed Abdullah - all while they had Kenyan Drake too (who was paid a bunch the year before). live in Vegas and all they talked about was rotation/committee but ended up riding him after that 2nd game. No doubt if a 3rd was offered, they’d have accepted. I’d trade Bernal or Moss for him. 

Moss wasn't worth anything, don't know who Bernal is.  Would the Raiders really have wanted Moss?

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Cook is the change of pace speed back.  Motor is the main mover. ( Think Thurman Thomas and Ken Davis)

I don’t think that’s a fair comparison.  Kenneth Davis was nothing like James Cook.  Change of pace in that they’re/were both the backup RB?  Okay.  Jimbo Cook can be a RB1, and has elite game changing skills/attributes.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, dma0034 said:

He is having a great year... doubt he continues doing that... he is a good not great back

In today's NFL he is a very very good back.  But we can't afford to pay big money to a RB.  Need to try and resign Poyer and Edmunds.  Cook should be excellent next year.  And hopefully we can resign Singletary w a modest contract and maybe keep Hines.  And nothing wrong with drafting a bigger back who has some upside.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.