Treatment of opposing team fans(your experience)

PatsFanNH

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

I've found Broncos fans to be kind of prickly and contentious. Way more than other fanbases. I've been to two games against the Bills at Mile High and while nobody was in my face like that Raiders Karen, there was a lot of borderline not funny talk and just a general heavy air like these people do not want us sitting here right now. Got probably half a beer tossed on my back after a Denver touchdown although it was disguised as nearby celebration, and honestly could have been. They also get very drunk.

Not football, but a friend and I got pretty much chased out of The Pepsi Center (Ball Arena) after a Sabres/Avs games years ago. Sabres got destroyed like 7-1 but we stayed for the whole thing. We exited through some packed stair well, wearing Sabres gear, and there were probably 20 drunk dudes behind us screaming "F New York" and throwing plastic bottles. More and more started joining in so we kind of just booked it as soon as we got downstairs.

Actually kind of impressive they knew Buffalo is in New York. 

I was at the Stevie Johnson “why so serious” game in Cincy, back in 2010.  Group of about 10 Bills fans.  Cincy fans went from gloating in the 1st half of that game when they got up by 21, to pissed off, swearing and leaving early before it was all done.  Funny how their “good natured ribbing” in the 1st half changed tunes in the 2nd.

I have a decent, but incomplete, sample size (Buffalo, New England, Miami, Cleveland, Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta, LA Rams, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Dallas). We are (by far) the worst that I’ve ever seen. Cleveland is 2 for me. Miami can be pretty brutal, especially when they are good. Detroit was surprisingly prickly and I expect the same from the Bengals fans next week. 

The weird places to me are the places that the fans don’t really care about their team (Atlanta, Rams, Houston, Jags, Titans and kinda Carolina). That is hard for me to wrap my head around. They were so indifferent. When the Bills lose, I hurt for days. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

The only 2 bad experiences I’ve had in about 20 road games was:

Arizona- in the stadium. It was the game where Trent died. Just lots of idiots standing up trying to instigate.  

Green Bay-  the season tickets holders next to us, and obliterated couple in their 50s.  true trash.  Just very poor gloaters.  It was Joshs rookie year and we got shut out.  

I was also at that AZ game and had the same experience with the fans. However it was the Bills fans that were super embarrassing and fighting each other. 

The fact that I was battling the WORST hangover of my life didn't help. I was in Lake Havasu the night before for a Bachelorette party and then spent the entire drive to Glendale pulling over and heaving my toes on the side of the highway. I missed the first quarter because we passed our exit 🤦🏼‍♀️ and while running thru the parking lot I heard JP Losman's name and I was like wtf?? 

I will say some random subway on my drive home to Vegas after the game is still the most satisfying sandwich I've ever had. 

Sure do miss my early 20's!

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I just saw the viral video of the Pats fan being harassed all game by the female Raider fan. And well that got me thinking on how opposing team fans are treated.  I don’t go to many home games anymore.. (I can’t afford them.) but I been to a few away games the last 5 years:

Miami — fans are fine usually talk a lot trash but all in good fun and have a hell of a tailgate!

NY Jets — my worst experience the 1 time I went was yelled at the hole time and some jerk dumped his beer on me.. was literally afraid for my life at that game.

Colts — fans were a blast and we talked about the Brady v Payton days… some good natured ribbing when the Pats lost

Bills — you guys are crazy fun at the tailgate, also talk a lot of trash but you actually know football. ( or the people

i talked to) Good nature ribbing when the Pats lost w Newton.

I have to say on the hole

most we’re fun to go to. So how have your experiences been when you travel?

It’s an evolving engagement as in the past Bills fans could get laughed at and teased during the drought years.

Now we travel so well, that we overtake many stadiums.  It’s like going to 17 home games.  Miami games have always had huge Bills turnouts even in the bad years as the Dolphins fans are so fair weather.

When I went to the Bills Jags 2017 playoff appearance we went to lot Z was all Bills fans.  I had to be the protective one as I was with one of my former employees who’s a dear friend and he had his Jags sweatshirt.  I kept reciting my South Park Ave home address and then they would kid in a friendly way with him.  

At the game the lower deck was all Jags fans, and the upper deck was 95% Bills fans.  I suspect all games get that way as every Bills Bucs game each 8 years I’ve been attending since 93.  For the most part Bucs fans are decent to Bills fans.

Jets fans are the absolute worst. Just an ignorant, disgusting bunch. We go to the annual Bills at Jets game with the local backer groups. You need to stay with a group because the jets trash only prey on people that they outnumber. 

Pats* fans were always completely clueless about football knowledge and condescending douches. We had Bills season tickets for many of the drought years and would run into Pats* fans trolling the parking lots. 

KtmsjQn.jpg

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Visited the Ralph in 2006 I think. Pats * at Bills. Brady roasted the Bills 35-7. Light snowfall that days. 

there was a group of Pats* fans sitting behind us one wearing an 80s Capparelli jersey. They were complete mass holes. They outnumbered us 3-1 is my guess why the acted like that. Really wanted to take that god awful Cap jersey off and stuff it down his throat. 

That sucks! Sadly we had a large group of bandwagon fans that jumped ship rather fast after Brady left.. (almost capsized the ship lol)  Sadly it sounds more like you got a regular fan who was just a damn ass hat! :( 

3 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

I was also at that AZ game and had the same experience with the fans. However it was the Bills fans that were super embarrassing and fighting each other. 

The fact that I was battling the WORST hangover of my life didn't help. I was in Lake Havasu the night before for a Bachelorette party and then spent the entire drive to Glendale pulling over and heaving my toes on the side of the highway. I missed the first quarter because we passed our exit 🤦🏼‍♀️ and while running thru the parking lot I heard JP Losman's name and I was like wtf?? 

I will say some random subway on my drive home to Vegas after the game is still the most satisfying sandwich I've ever had. 

We’ve come so far!!  I had a similar drive home-  that 3.5-4 hour drive back to Vegas seemed like 3-4 days!!  We closed mcfaddens at the Westgate and went looking for after hours.  Glendale didn’t know what after was. Where do you watch Bills games?  Office bar, Moondoggies, Johnny macs or home?

I’ve been to a few games against the eagles in Philly. I live not too far from Philly. Each time the topic of conversation has been about the bills and the state of affairs (one time was when Trent Edwards was the starter and he was the topic). Always a good time for me. These days most eagles fans I know are also big fans of the bills and what they’re doing. They (the ones I know personally) all root for the bills second behind the eagles. 

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... I am a humane and compassionate person.   But if a Pats* fan was disguised as a Bills fan, what kinda cowardice is that... Even from them! 😆  Their house is so much more unforgiving than ours. 

Pats stadium has priced out a lot of regular fans years ago.  So there are a lot of morons now who go because it’s a status symbol… there is a reason it’s only loud in the cheaper seats lol.. 

Also what kind of “disguise” is just keeping your jacket on? When I travel I wear either just a pats T shirt or my old Bruschi Jersey.. (now I like that jersey more since it’s also my sons number) 

2 hours ago, muppy said:

I would have alerted security if I'd have been sitting in vicinity of that woman and seen her harassing that guy. What a complete and utter MORON. There's something wrong with her.

I have had 2 troublesome experiences at away games. In Phoenix a drunk wanted fisticuffs with hubby for wearing Bills colors. all hot air he was a mess. He backed down as I recall was kicked out eventually

in san diego a man took the freebie giveaway fan poster, took a pen and wrote BILLS FANS SUCK and proceeded to walk back and forth in front if us. I was with my  6 and 8 year olds I was NOT appreciative lets put it that way.  He was removed also.

the Best fan experience at an away game occurred at the LA Coliseum Bills-Raiders.  in december of 1991. We asked to purchase tickets in the Bills section . Instead of the Bills group  up in the cheap seats we were given   2 in the direct center of Raider season ticket holders section near field level. Great seats. Around us people all knew each other

We got silly stringed it was nothing serious we went along with it good naturedly. I finally at one point flashed a peace sign to the guy who was the most crazy .  The group  realized then we were not obnoxious there to rabble Bills fans. We were just fans. And from that moment everything was chill and we had the best time. The game was give and take.  Scott Norwood was 1 of 4 that day. missing 3 field goals AND a PAT   Upon he AGAIN missing a fieldgoal I was on my feet screaming at the top of my lungs NORWOOD YOU SUCK!

From a few rows ahead of me comes this elderly lady who was DRESSED in her silver and black honey silver and black cowboy hat, frail lady. She comes up and stands in front of me, takes the fan towel, Starts fanning me with the towel and says "I know how you feel honey, I know how you feel"

RIP Raider fan with the fan towel, you were and are ICONIC. 

You killed her, Mup?  You crazy girl, it’s just a game.  

• Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pats stadium has priced out a lot of regular fans years ago.  So there are a lot of morons now who go because it’s a status symbol… there is a reason it’s only loud in the cheaper seats lol.. 

Also what kind of “disguise” is just keeping your jacket on? When I travel I wear either just a pats T shirt or my old Bruschi Jersey.. (now I like that jersey more since it’s also my sons number) 

Pats stadium?  I thought it was called Josh Allen stadium-  I mean, he IS the face of Gillette.  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, chongli said:

I give props to Robert Kraft who saw this video and invited those two Pats fans to this week's game including being on the field during warm-ups. He gets a lot of flack, but that was a classy move in response to these two Pats fans who somehow showed a lot more restraint than many of us would have

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I once went to a DEN/NYG game at the Meadowlands.  As a favor to my Broncos fan friend, I agreed to wear an Atwater jersey so he didn't have to be the only one sporting Denver gear.  The Giants fans near us were complete a-holes for the entire game.  Telling us that we f*ck our mothers and our cousins.  Calling names.  It was non-stop.

Went to the Bills at Jets back in the tuhROD era.  All in all, the Jets fans around us were decent.  There was one young punk Jets fan who kept being a dick.  I ended up stealing the hat off of his head and he cried for security.  Cletus and I were relocated, but not kicked out.  Promo was sitting near us, too, but didn't get the hook.

Only other road game was Bills in Cincy.  Fans were fantastic and kind pre, during and post game. 

59 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

I was at that Green Bay game too. I was left underwhelmed by the supposed mystique of Lambeau Field. It's just an old worn out bad stadium with bad food and bad bathrooms

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.