Josh Allen doesn’t like Domed stadium supports open air

BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Our weather is such an outlier.  I'd love to just have Green Bay's weather.  Hopefully the new stadium will at least somewhat reduce the wind.  

https://weather.com/news/news/2019-09-12-nfl-worst-weather-cities

Football Weather Misery Index List

1. Buffalo (77.4)

2. Green Bay (65.6)

3. Cleveland (65.2)

4. Pittsburgh (57.3)

5. Chicago (57.0)

6. Miami (56.0)

7. New England (51.6)

8. Kansas City (50.2)

9. Seattle (49.1)

10. Cincinnati (48)

We're Number One!  We're Number One!

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

none, sorry.  Various interviews around the time the stadium deal was being negotiated.  Pat Mcafee, Kyle Brandt, etc

Well, I listen to just about every Josh interview/appearance out there and never picked up a “strong preference” for a dome.  Of course a QB is going to say he likes to play in perfect conditions, but Josh also understands home field advantage and the “mystique” of teams having to come in to play in difficult circumstances.

Josh’s “strong preference” is to win football games in whatever manner he has to, and I don’t think the configuration of the stadium matters very much to him at all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The cold isn’t the issue in Buffalo. 

It’s the wind and the precipitation. Wildly different from the usual weather in Foxborough. That’s just the reality of it. 

Anyone who doesn’t wish this team had a dome is delusional. Josh Allen is a specimen who deserves to play in a perfect environment to show off the best of his abilities. After decades of sucking and heartbreak, this team and the owners should do absolutely everything to ensure success. Not building a dome shows that they are not fully committed to that. 

You're full of *****

Look at the win/loss record in Orchard Park: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/stadiums/BUF00.htm

And it's not like the Bills have been a hugely successful franchise. The fact is that playing in Buffalo in the elements late is absolutely an advantage. The organization knows this.

Compare that to the win/loss record in a dome like New Orleans over the same time period: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/stadiums/NOR00.htm

Despite what many people like to claim, domes even the playing field for both teams more than outdoor stadiums do. Invite worse teams to your cushy dome and they're going to play better football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Well, I listen to just about every Josh interview/appearance out there and never picked up a “strong preference” for a dome.

I guess it must be in the "ear of the beholder".  He never said "I would much prefer to play in a dome"

He said things like "we have a pretty strong passing offense" and "of course, it's easier to pass consistently in a dome".

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

none, sorry.  Various interviews around the time the stadium deal was being negotiated.  Pat Mcafee, Kyle Brandt, etc

You felt he implied something and heard what you wanted to hear

The interview linked in the OP is a straightforward statement from Josh. Nothing to interpret.

• Like (+1) 1

Playing in 60 degree weather, calm conditions is perfect.  Get down into the 30's and sure can be okay too.  

No one can say with a straight face they like 20's and windchill, high winds, rain and blustery conditions.  Just not fun.

Saturday was okay, but yes some wind and snow only for one quarter, but no one wants 16 weeks of it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

His comment wasn't in support or against either really.

Just that people that think they shouldn't play in the elements are soft.

Call that support for open air stadium if you want.

It's a direct insult to a portion of the fanbases, including @Dick_Cheney

if that's not supporting open-air stadiums, idk what is

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Look at his stats in domes and indoor stadiums. He is off the charts. 

What's his W/L record?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I guess it must be in the "ear of the beholder".  He never said "I would much prefer to play in a dome"

He said things like "we have a pretty strong passing offense" and "of course, it's easier to pass consistently in a dome".

Still doesn't infer he "prefers" a dome. It's also easier to pass in Jacksonville.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.