Josh Allen doesn’t like Domed stadium supports open air

BuffaloBills1998

I still want the dome-heads to show me where the money is coming from and how the tax payers can expect to see a return on investment. If Pegula's want to pony up I'm all for it, but they do not.

I tried explaining this to a dome-head. But sed dome-head without showing any math and actually countering with a convincing argument that all the tax payer moeny would be recouped only said ....

image.png.1e1a2f27c7f83e94da1f4c3b9a827464.png

But I am still very interested in seeing math that works that would justify the extra cost of a dome. All my math has the investment coming up way short of a return on it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

How was that late season home field advantage in the time between when Kelly & Allen were the QB’s?

My guess is, not so much. 

Teams need great QBs in order to win. Woah...what a revelation....

The Saints have been great at times with one of the greatest QBs and look at their home record. Look at their 8-6 home playoff record vs the Bills' 12-1 home playoff record.

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s saying what the face of the franchise that just committed to an open air stadium has to say 

Exactly.

What’s he supposed to say? “I’m your entire franchise, we pass 106% of the time, to some receivers who are lightning fast when they have clean footing, so of ***** course I’d prefer 70 degrees and perfect.” 

I am so over this home field advantage due to the awful weather BS. McD stated clearly in his presser when asked about them being a cold weather team (paraphrasing but very close): “we don’t practice in this, but the guys live here and travel back and forth to the stadium in it.” So I supposed doing their daily chores after having to scrape their car and turning their seat warmers on during their work commute really prepares them for god awful ***** weather. 

But like you said, the deal is signed for the new stadium so it’s all moot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Our weather is such an outlier.  I'd love to just have Green Bay's weather.  Hopefully the new stadium will at least somewhat reduce the wind.  

https://weather.com/news/news/2019-09-12-nfl-worst-weather-cities

Football Weather Misery Index List

1. Buffalo (77.4)

2. Green Bay (65.6)

3. Cleveland (65.2)

4. Pittsburgh (57.3)

5. Chicago (57.0)

6. Miami (56.0)

7. New England (51.6)

8. Kansas City (50.2)

9. Seattle (49.1)

10. Cincinnati (48)

Simply on wrong side of Lake.

Or football is played in wrong season.

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Steve Tasker and Thurman Thomas Said that the buffalo weather and atmosphere created by fans is The biggest home-field advantage

And neither were disappointed by the throwing of snowball’s either 

Exactly.  Home field advantage is completely taken away by moving games indoors.  Offenses nowadays  are only fractionally affected by crowd noise.  The playing field is literally leveled playing indoors.  If these whiners can’t handle sitting in the cold for a few hours 2-3 times a year, then give up the seats.  Others will gladly take them over!!

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Process said:

He's from California. He's full of crap lol.

He's been asked in the past if he would prefer a dome to which he replied "no comment."

he told T Pegula to build a dome. 

This latest is psych opps for the opposing teams. LOL.....annnnnnd to appease the vocal minority of Bills fans who prefer no dome. 😎😆

Allen is smart.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s from central north California… same as Brady … Who is one of the greatest cold-weather quarterbacks of all time

Brady went to Michigan Josh went to Wyoming…  both with adverse weather

Diggs said in his interview today “everyone hates the cold. Anyone who says they don’t hate it are lying.”.

Cold is uncomfortable 

comfortable >>>>> uncomfortable 

only fans like the thought of being a cold weather team.  The players would all prefer to be comfortable. Regardless what fans think. People are different in 2022 than they were in the 60s-90s

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Diggs said in his interview today “everyone hates the cold. Anyone who says they don’t hate it are lying.”.

Cold is uncomfortable 

comfortable >>>>> uncomfortable 

only fans like the thought of being a cold weather team.  The players would all prefer to be comfortable. Regardless what fans think. People are different in 2022 than they were in the 60s-90s

Not liking the cold and being able to play football in it are completely different

Football is not a sport for soft people… In 1960 or 2022

Diggs might not like it but he’s tough And he can play in it

It’s actually a mindset

The players are much more comfortable than the fans who are stationary

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Not liking the cold and being able to play football in it are completely different

Football is not a sport for soft people… In 1960 or 2022

Diggs might not like it but he’s tough And he can play in it

It’s actually a mindset

The players are much more comfortable than the fans who are stationary

Of course he can play in it-  

I’m just saying-  most players prefer to not play in the cold.  They couldn’t care less about that advantage of bills fans standing in the cold.  It doesn’t matter if they’re more comfortable than the fans.  They’re more comfortable than prisoners in death row too.  It’s irrelevant. 

player to player-  the large majority prefer to be as comfortable as they can. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.