Ike Boettger Status ?????

Riverboat Ritchie

Ike is the picture of average but what people don’t really understand is the offensive line play it’s not just a bills problem it’s a problem around the league

Even if you draft them high, there’s no guarantee that it’s going to pan out. You just have to take as many at bats as you can and hope that you find good ones.

I’m just really disappointed in the right tackle situation. I really thought he was going to be better than this at this point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

When does Spencer Brown return from Canton?

Saturday night. On the first play of the tieing TD drive... The very next play Josh touched the ball after he got strip sacked... Good Ole Spencer saved the game! 

"(11:56 - 4th) J.Sanders kicks 65 yards from MIA 35 to end zone, Touchback. Kick through end zone.

1st & 10 at BUF 25

(11:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen right guard to BUF 27 for 2 yards (C.Wilkins). FUMBLES (C.Wilkins), recovered by BUF-S.Brown at BUF 27."

32 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Saturday night. On the first play of the tieing TD drive... The very next play Josh touched the ball after he got strip sacked... Good Ole Spencer saved the game! 

"(11:56 - 4th) J.Sanders kicks 65 yards from MIA 35 to end zone, Touchback. Kick through end zone.

1st & 10 at BUF 25

(11:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen right guard to BUF 27 for 2 yards (C.Wilkins). FUMBLES (C.Wilkins), recovered by BUF-S.Brown at BUF 27."

I couldn't see his number with that gold jacket on

• Haha (+1) 1

If Morse is out, I hope Bates is back well enough to take over at Center. And then, who plays RG? Ike? I'm Rotten? The Quiz? Bobby No-Hart?

I found it interesting that Quessenberry was the guy on Saturday. And to his credit, and Von Roten, they did quite well in the 4th quarter. So, with Bates back--I think--I'm not panicked about it.

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Anything that keeps Bobby Hart off the field.

Hart has been mostly very good this year in his role and sprung some big runs.  Crazy how some people just can't be objective because they have turned a player into a "whipping boy" and no matter how many good plays he makes, those are ignored and they only focus on the bad ones.  FYI...every player has bad plays.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The IR rules are much better at least they can come back to play & aren't out for the entirety of the season which just helps so i guess covid helped in some small way .

Ike would be a welcome addition to the team as long as he can get back on the field & stay healthy while getting back into game shape the O line has been subject this year with injuries & what some here call crappy play so any help from him could be welcome especially given the play offs coming up .

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It really isn't. Boettger is not very good and the fact he is even on the roster is another indictment of how bad the O-line is. 

He's a better option than Van Roten. Hopefully Bates is back this week to play C and Boettger can slide in at OG. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Anything that keeps Bobby Hart off the field.

I love this world we live in. A world where we bobby hart isn't good enough.

A man that faced insurmountable odds to go Pro for 8 years, in that time with 32 NFL teams have 2 OG's and maybe 2 more backups. So let's say 64 backups and he's an average backup... That's 96th. 

A man who for 8 years has been the top 100 in his position of his career is considered not good enough.

Us little people, as our dear friend Sammy says, probably are not even the top million in our respective careers. This ain't an insult to us. Just an observation of the absurdity of the skill these guys develop, train, and practice to maintain a professional career. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, skibum said:

I don't think an average O-lineman coming off an achilles injury is going to make much of an impact. In fact, it's more likely he would be a liability for a while. 

This.

As bad as this oline has played this year it can and will get even worse by putting this guy out there given the circumstances.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Hart has been mostly very good this year in his role and sprung some big runs.  Crazy how some people just can't be objective because they have turned a player into a "whipping boy" and no matter how many good plays he makes, those are ignored and they only focus on the bad ones.  FYI...every player has bad plays.

He sucks. Coming in as an extra OL/ TE and crashing down on a DE for 8 plays a game. 

vs when he has to actually play tackle (NE) he was getting whipped ! 

or guard (Mia) and he was getting bulldozed onto his butt 

Pff grade of 49.0. Hahahahahahhahaha. Yea he’s been “mostly good.” Laughable 

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

As an extra lineman/blocking TE, yes. As an actual lineman, no

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

As an extra lineman/blocking TE, yes. As an actual lineman, no

Yes, which is where the majority of his snaps have come...

9 minutes ago, balln said:

He sucks. Coming in as an extra OL/ TE and crashing down on a DE for 8 plays a game. 

vs when he has to actually play tackle (NE) he was getting whipped ! 

or guard (Mia) and he was getting bulldozed onto his butt 

Pff grade of 49.0. Hahahahahahhahaha. Yea he’s been “mostly good.” Laughable 

Laughable you use PFF.

I am referring to the way the Bills have used him mainly, which is to be an extra OLineman on run plays and many of the big runs they have had are when he has been in the game. Or can't you accept that as the fact it is?

17 minutes ago, boyst said:

I love this world we live in. A world where we bobby hart isn't good enough.

A man that faced insurmountable odds to go Pro for 8 years, in that time with 32 NFL teams have 2 OG's and maybe 2 more backups. So let's say 64 backups and he's an average backup... That's 96th. 

A man who for 8 years has been the top 100 in his position of his career is considered not good enough.

Us little people, as our dear friend Sammy says, probably are not even the top million in our respective careers. This ain't an insult to us. Just an observation of the absurdity of the skill these guys develop, train, and practice to maintain a professional career. 

But in reality aren't there probably hundreds of other guys at their positions who are probably just as capable who likely didn't get the same opportunities?

I kind of feel that as a fringe player in the NFL a lot comes down to simply getting an opportunity and a lot of players never really get that.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Laughable you use PFF.

I am referring to the way the Bills have used him mainly, which is to be an extra OLineman on run plays and many of the big runs they have had are when he has been in the game. Or can't you accept that as the fact it is?

That’s only bc we have no one. Tommy Doyle out. And our te2.5 Sweeney can’t block 

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Anybody else notice that Conor McDermott is starting RT for Patriots, but we're stuck with Bobby Hart? 

McDermott is the third option and pretty terrible (See: Bills game).  He's no better, if not worse, than Hart. I'm not a Hart fan and don't want to see him start, but he's been a very effective 6th lineman. 

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Laughable you use PFF.

But in reality aren't there probably hundreds of other guys at their positions who are probably just as capable who likely didn't get the same opportunities?

I kind of feel that as a fringe player in the NFL a lot comes down to simply getting an opportunity and a lot of players never really get that.

alright, sure there are 250 of the best in his position.  that's still remarkable.  8 years of a career of is slightly better than fringe, at worse.

31 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Anybody else notice that Conor McDermott is starting RT for Patriots, but we're stuck with Bobby Hart? 

Mcdermott blows

2 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

Can we bring back Darryl Williams to play RG, he wasn't as bad what we have as alternatives?

Hawkins, Saffold, (Morse or Bates), Williams, Brown

Would be nice but I doubt he’s in football shape.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.