Snowballs - fair game if aimed at Dolphins bench?

Clark Rotary

11 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

I loved mcds comments when in the presser he was asked if he should have gotten on the PA like Sam Wyche did with his famous “ this isn’t Cleveland “ statement when he coached the Bengals.  Mcd laughed and said with this crowd I’m not sure that may not have just encouraged them !  That was classic.  Mcd was pretty funny post game., esp about flattening Josh’s tires if that end of half pass didn’t result in a Td and josh had better hoped he heard cheers as Josh slid down at the end of the play.  Man if that play went for zip , Josh would have had his butt chewed by Mcd  and rightfully so. Haha!  It’s one of those ,,no, no, no, no,,,,,yeah , great throw !

We got fortunate there and had lots of mistakes where we could have lost ( like the fumbles and busted coverages) , so Mcd letting off a little humor about t6e snowballs was pretty funny. He also said he was worried dolphin fans would throw snowballs and we would get penalized and it was good to see the home fans enjoying themselves.  This guy is the perfect coach for Buffalo and I hope he stays a long time! 

Yet... McD compensated by pitching a perfect clock management game.  But... he was going up against a whiz-kid millennial... I guess that helps!

MikeMcDaniel_DolphinsHeadCoach.thumb.jpeg.699f09f6cd96cadb085e4596da829dba.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m quoting this because…..I can! It’s easier than typing it. 😋

I wonder is some people are thinking of this as soft, fluffy snow. Snowballs range from cold wet cotton balls to ice hard hammers. Either way, it’s just wrong. 

Does anyone else remember a game, I think it was the Giants, where they got pics of people who were throwing snowballs. They tracked them down and took action. Some minor charge and “banned from the stadium.” I wouldn’t mind that. 

Always do it during a sellout. Words for the wise. 😉 😜 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I wasnt embarrassed & neither were most of other Bills fans. I recieved from multiple texts from fans of other teams saying how awesome Bills fans are. This was a proud moment for us, dont ruin it.

A proud moment?

Mate, you need get out more.

I really didn't think the snowballs were that bad, but still obviously an ignorant thing to do.

What part of it made you proud?

It musta sucked for the poor suckers sitting in the first few rows.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yet... McD compensated by pitching a perfect clock management game.  But... he was going up against a whiz-kid millennial... I guess that helps!

MikeMcDaniel_DolphinsHeadCoach.thumb.jpeg.699f09f6cd96cadb085e4596da829dba.jpeg

Always do it during a sellout. Words for the wise. 😉 😜 

And his Pimp Limp game is strong 

• Haha (+1) 1

I was at the Bills /Vikings game in Buffalo, many years ago when a genius thought it a good idea to throw a snowball at Chuck Foreman.  He was struck in the eye and had to leave the game.  A thoughtless act like that could end a players career.  Fortunately, it didn't in that case.  Everyone needs to use their head for more than a beer funnel and act responsibly. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Success said:

I was just about to start a "snowballs" thread - but more to just express how friggin' embarrassing that was on national TV.  We're not Philly.

I know it was Saturday & fans were drinking, but that was just dopey behavior.  We were lucky to not get a penalty.

Its a game. For entertainment. Heated rivalry. Modern day gladiator! "Embarassed" 😆😆?

You know whats embarassing? Cheering for a dirtball that broke his childs arm. Thats a real black eye. How about risking tuas long term health/safety for a team that isnt even ready for a playoff push

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, uticaclub said:

100% 

Generation that sent ho ho hos home from school because their skirt showed their knee caps.

Snowballs "makes us Philly", listen to yourself. Silly goofball. Go be a real human, i promise its more fulfilling then pretending your judgement is the highest standard.

Let some emotion out! Yell at the sportsball guys. Grab your SO's butt in public. Pee your pants and fall asleep in the stands. Get that bullet scars lapdance at Colonie Lounge. I fart directly in my dogs face, he loves it, does that make me Philly?

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JTown said:

When did I condone dildos or table smashing? 

If a drunk moron wants to jump through a table, it causes no one else harm.  I will laugh at his/her stupidity like I did several years ago in Tennessee. 

The ***** throwing didn't bother me either.  

I can't help that there are no shortage of morons.  It's a shame that idiots who claim to be fans, endangered and could have negatively impacted by game by childish activity. 

You’re ok with throwing love toys on the field but snowballs cross the line? 😂😂

Just read what you posted haha. 

12 hours ago, Clark Rotary said:

I thought that snowballs aimed at the Dolphins bench were fair game because the Dolphins sat our team in the  roasting sun in the game earlier in the year.  The whole thing has a nice Heat Miser Cold Miser dynamic that seems fair to me.  But I didn't see too much of the quid pro quo aspect mentioned in the media - did I miss it?  Just to be transparent I was reprimanded a few times by  authority types about my snowball throwing in 4th and 5th grade but have been clean for the last 50+ years - I always thought that was about average for growing up in Buffalo. 

Let me start this off by saying I loathe the Fins. How is a fan throwing something at a player the same as the sun beaming down on the players? Enlighten me

• Thank you (+1) 2

I sat next to an elderly couple who come up from GA to go to home games. 

his wife was hit in The back of the head with a “snowball” the snowball barely broke when it hit her. 

it wasn’t fun or cool having to watch your back to make sure you weren’t going to get pelted with a slush ball. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m quoting this because…..I can! It’s easier than typing it. 😋

I wonder is some people are thinking of this as soft, fluffy snow. Snowballs range from cold wet cotton balls to ice hard hammers. Either way, it’s just wrong. 

Does anyone else remember a game, I think it was the Giants, where they got pics of people who were throwing snowballs. They tracked them down and took action. Some minor charge and “banned from the stadium.” I wouldn’t mind that. 

Posted this upthread. Chargers equipment manager got hit in the head. Knocked him over and he ended up unconscious. Video of him falling to the ground is about a minute in.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Clark Rotary said:

I thought that snowballs aimed at the Dolphins bench were fair game because the Dolphins sat our team in the  roasting sun in the game earlier in the year.  The whole thing has a nice Heat Miser Cold Miser dynamic that seems fair to me.  But I didn't see too much of the quid pro quo aspect mentioned in the media - did I miss it?  Just to be transparent I was reprimanded a few times by  authority types about my snowball throwing in 4th and 5th grade but have been clean for the last 50+ years - I always thought that was about average for growing up in Buffalo. 

I learned my lesson when me and my brother were arrested as minors for throwing snowballs at passing cars from the top of a local Masonic building. Dad had to rescue us from the cop station. Fortunately, dad was even more of a hooligan in his day, so he laughed it off. 

2 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I learned my lesson when me and my brother were arrested as minors for throwing snowballs at passing cars from the top of a local Masonic building. Dad had to rescue us from the cop station. Fortunately, dad was even more of a hooligan in his day, so he laughed it off. 

Jumping Toledo, pick the one  building in town that's seeing all 24/7/365. 🤔

image.thumb.jpeg.19a5906041943555b411c1c0acdd22f5.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

If any fan is caught throwing snowballs, they should be thrown out and barred from attending games for 1 year -- No refunds either. These idiots embarrassed the team, the fans and the city on national TV.

It’s only Embarrassing if you choose To be embarrassed by it

In fact Sports Illustrated called it an embrace of wild and passionate fans.. And that perhaps the only thing that could stop the bills mafia faithful was the threat of a penalty

They Didn’t think it was embarrassing

In fact Chiefs fans pelted Colts players with snowballs in their playoff game a few Years ago… Nobody thought that was embarrassing for their fans

People have been throwing snowballs in the Ralph for 50 years… It absolutely wasnt the first time it’s happened

That’s what happens when 70,000 people are in the snow

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Snowballs were stupid the the Bills security should have been throwing people out of the game if not arresting them.   Bills Mafia has a well deserved reputation around the league for being good fans who have fun and do great things.  Why ruin that by acting like Philadelphia, New England jerk-offs?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.