TNF- 49'ers @ Seahawks

T&C

new kid on the block is going to get much attention, like a shiny new toy. he seems to be a pretty good rook with a system that seems to work for him. I wouldn't fear the 49ers and wouldn't mind seeing them face the bills in the sb. it will come down to eaglets, cowgirls and 9ers with one representing the nfc in the dance.

they have a good defense. the bills have a good defense. both have a good offense as well but the bills have JA, not some rookie.

last nights game was against a pretty poor seahawks team so hard to really judge until they go up against a top defense. looking at their schedule it looks like they have had it pretty easy yet lost the opener to the bears and lost to the falcons. of course that was with jimmy and before they added the kid from carolina.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

new kid on the block is going to get much attention, like a shiny new toy. he seems to be a pretty good rook with a system that seems to work for him. I wouldn't fear the 49ers but wouldn't mind seeing them face the bills in the sb. it will come down to eaglets, cowgirls and 9ers with one representing the nfc in the dance.

they have a good defense. the bills have a good defense. both have a good offense as well but the bills have JA, not some rookie.

last nights game was against a pretty poor seahawks team so hard to really judge until they go up against a top defense. looking at their schedule it looks like they have had it pretty easy yet lost the opener to the bears and lost to the falcons. of course that was with jimmy and before they added the kid from carolina.

Great analysis, you forgot one thing. The 49ers O line is tops in the league and the weakness, I hear on here, of the Bills is their pass rush without Von Miller.  Also per here the 49ers have a run game and multiple reliable options from Samual to CMC the Bills only have Diggs.

Oh and I remember a late round QB getting his break and making it to the SB.. that was an amazing win. 

as for Purdy, he has proven at a MINIMUM he is a great backup in the league if not an outright starter. 

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Great analysis, you forgot one thing. The 49ers O line is tops in the league and the weakness, I hear on here, of the Bills is their pass rush without Von Miller.  Also per here the 49ers have a run game and multiple reliable options from Samual to CMC the Bills only have Diggs.

Oh and I remember a late round QB getting his break and making it to the SB.. that was an amazing win. 

as for Purdy, he has proven at a MINIMUM he is a great backup in the league if not an outright starter

Let’s slow down on the hyperbole there. Let him start maybe 5 games before he is anointed the next great thing. He has shown that when you don’t have much film on him he can play decently. He doesn’t throw a good deep ball, he hasn’t been in a position where he needs to make a play, so I think you need to hit the breaks. There are countless guys who have had better 2 game starts to their careers.

they have a good team, but I’ll take the Bills top guy over theirs and their is a mountain of distance between their “great backup outright starter” and our guy throwing the ball

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You do not understand your qb at all

Josh Allen is who Kyle Shannahan and John Lynch had in mind when they traded up to draft Trey Lance hasn’t exactly worked out that way but that’s what they themselves envisioned and have said. 

50 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Imagine George Kittle with Buffalo/Josh Allen

And that is one Kittles best friends in the league ironically 

24 minutes ago, eball said:

I remember the ridicule and eyerolls I got about two months ago when I said SF might be the best or 2nd best team in the NFC.

I said SF was the perfect place for McCaffrey and that he really gave that team a bump. In 8 games he's put up 880 total yards and 7 TD's. 

115 carries for 534 yds and 4 TD's

41 receptions for 346 yds and 3 TD's

Shanahan and those guys are rolling right now. That defense is on top of it's game as well. I do believe they will be representing the NFC in the SB. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh Allen is who Kyle Shannahan and John Lynch had in mind when they traded up to draft Trey Lance hasn’t exactly worked out that way but that’s what they themselves envisioned and have said. 

People say things… I’m convinced if Josh had to play in an offense that runs a lot and has mostly heavily scripted plays it wouldn’t be right for him. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Let’s slow down on the hyperbole there. Let him start maybe 5 games before he is anointed the next great thing. He has shown that when you don’t have much film on him he can play decently. He doesn’t throw a good deep ball, he hasn’t been in a position where he needs to make a play, so I think you need to hit the breaks. There are countless guys who have had better 2 game starts to their careers.

they have a good team, but I’ll take the Bills top guy over theirs and their is a mountain of distance between their “great backup outright starter” and our guy throwing the ball

My point was he doesn’t have to be great. He just needs to put the ball in the hands of one of his 3 huge play makers. The Bills D isn’t built to cover a team like the 49ers. I think the Bills be better off with the Eagles than the 49ers with ANY QB running the show.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

The Niners are a very good team with a coach who is brilliant at maximizing his QB. I don't fear them but they are one of the 2 teams in NFC that can give Buffalo a rough time.

The 49ers are a great team minus the QB, and that is going to win a lot of games in the regular season when you can run an offense with several elite playmakers (Debo, Kittle and CMC) while also having a good Oline and a great defense and solid ST unit.

But come the playoffs you will be forced into a situation where you have to have your QB make plays as you are going to face teams with good to great QB’s a good to great defenses consistently.

Kudos to the 49ers they sealed their division and took care of business but can they do this style of play and win 3 playoff games to get to the SB? I think that’s not likely.

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

new kid on the block is going to get much attention, like a shiny new toy. he seems to be a pretty good rook with a system that seems to work for him. I wouldn't fear the 49ers and wouldn't mind seeing them face the bills in the sb. it will come down to eaglets, cowgirls and 9ers with one representing the nfc in the dance.

They don’t have a “good defense” 

the niners have a great defense-  their DL will ruin our OL.  

we can definitely win, but our offense will likely be stifled.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, H2o said:

I said SF was the perfect place for McCaffrey and that he really gave that team a bump. In 8 games he's put up 880 total yards and 7 TD's. 

115 carries for 534 yds and 4 TD's

41 receptions for 346 yds and 3 TD's

Shanahan and those guys are rolling right now. That defense is on top of it's game as well. I do believe they will be representing the NFC in the SB. 

Particularly with Debo out, he’s been a difference maker. Yes, even top RBs aren’t usually worth giving up a lot. But CMC fits perfectly in their running and passing games. He was worth it. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

They don’t have a “good defense” 

the niners have a great defense-  their DL will ruin our OL.  

we can definitely win, but our offense will likely be stifled.  

Bills v 9ers would be a defensive struggle of a Superbowl. 21-17 something like that.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills v 9ers would be a defensive struggle of a Superbowl. 21-17 something like that.

Agreed.  I was watching the niner game last night with my best friend who’s a die hard niner fan.  I asked him what he thought the O/U would be if we played-  he said 46.  If that were the number, I might have to bet my retirement on the under.  I was thinking it should be 41-42

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.