NFL Rules on Heaters For Sidelines?

Warriorspikes51

17 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

This story makes it confusing around what the rule actually is. Sounds like the rule is both teams need to use the same equipment but the story just points out the Dolphins sideline. If that actually is the rule then it would seem the Chargers had to be using them as well. 

Just now, rusty shackleford said:

This story makes it confusing around what the rule actually is. Sounds like the rule is both teams need to use the same equipment but the story just points out the Dolphins sideline. If that actually is the rule then it would seem the Chargers had to be using them as well. 

yes according to the Equity Rule that would be the case. Not sure if any media took the time to look at the Rams sideline to see if those heaters were there as well. 

Also, it’s not clear if Miami even had them turned on. Staff may have just installed them in case it got colder.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This stuff is getting funny.  The Bills will be using heaters/heated benches.  Period.

Yeah let's risk all sorts of muscle injuries just so that Miami might have a couple more than us! It's a foolproof plan with absolutely no downside whatsoever

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

The way I read it is anything that the home team is using, needs to be made available for the away team as well.

The away team is allowed to bring what they want.  Similar to how the bills brought pop up shades to Miami.

Edited by The Wiz

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah let's risk all sorts of muscle injuries just so that Miami might have a couple more than us! It's a foolproof plan with absolutely no downside whatsoever

Exactly.  The fish players will be miserable enough with the heaters.  Like Poyer said, in his interview, they don't like playing

in the cold but they know how to do it.  It is an advantage having more experience in anything and this weather is one of them.

Edited by ColoradoBills

24 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

We don't need to focus on that stuff. We're a much better team. Let them bring as many heaters as they want. 

Yeah but sabotage them just before kickoff.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Dolphins have been playing in that stadium for 35 years and we lose one game due to extreme heat and people go bananas.

Over It Reaction GIF by Shalita Grant

I legit didn't know before.   Which makes me REALLLY stupid because I've been there several times.  I just assumed they had more cooling.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

135 degrees is uncommonly hot for a sideline.  Eric Wood and Sal C both said it was different than previous heat games there

I'm not saying that it wasn't an unfair advantage.  I think it was ... and it was very dangerous.

I'm just pointing out that it was the 35th regular season game there between these two teams and this last game was an outlier.

Furthermore, the stadium was designed an built before any of the current Dolphins players were even born.

I'm not sure what the Dolphins were supposed to do in that situation.  If anything, Bills fans should be upset with the NFL for not stepping in somehow.  I just don't get the anger directed toward the Dolphins for that game.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not saying that it wasn't an unfair advantage.  I think it was ... and it was very dangerous.

I'm just pointing out that it was the 35th regular season game there between these two teams and this last game was an outlier.

Furthermore, the stadium was designed an built before any of the current Dolphins players were even born.

I'm not sure what the Dolphins were supposed to do in that situation.  If anything, Bills fans should be upset with the NFL for not stepping in somehow.  I just don't get the anger directed toward the Dolphins for that game.

The sideline covers were only added in 2016, so thats only 6 games, but your point stands

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Dolphins have been playing in that stadium for 35 years and we lose one game due to extreme heat and people go bananas.

Over It Reaction GIF by Shalita Grant

It’s funny when they have that advantage and still lose but that doesn’t make it not an advantage 😂 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s funny when they have that advantage and still lose but that doesn’t make it not an advantage 😂 

Vikings played there last year and there was a 30 degree difference; Vikings' sideline was 120 degrees.  Vikings won.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.