Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

I thought he looked awful playing with Tampa, but if he actually plays to 80% of what he did in the past then good for the Bills. I hope he proves that the early season games were just a bad chemistry match. 

Edited by Locomark

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Gabe hasn't been all bad...he has 700 yards for a #2 WR on the year, which is one of the better #2's in the league in terms of yards, but he has been pretty  invisible the last 3 weeks totaling 84 yards on 9 catches.  That's not going to get it done. 

The problem isn't his yards, the problem is his consistency.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think the FO is recognizing what has been quite apparent for some time... McKenzie is not a viable replacement for Beasely.   He should be, but he’s just not consistent and we need a consistent slot WR.   I’m glad they’re not too proud to recognize the mistake they made and are bringing Bease back.  

Off the field, he seemed like a douche, but what matters more is on field production.  The questions it’ll be interesting to see answered: 1. Does Beasely have anything left in the tank? If so, I think he starts next week.  2.  Does McKenzie play the role of a good teammate?   If not I could see him getting cut. 

Its a Bold move, hut with the #1 seed on the line you need to make a frw bold moves some times. 

Beasley sold me when he played on that broken leg. The guy is tough, smart, runs good routes and has good hands. A good consistent safety blanket for Josh, who needs one. Of course, I wouldn't expect too many YAC with this guy but we know what to expect. Automatic first down. Hope he has some big plays left in the tank. Plus John Brown too!

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think a PS signing stops a OBJ signing down the line for the playoffs if the Bills want to go there.  Essentially this is a  3 game lets see if Beasley has anything left trial.  3 PS elevations incoming.

PS or not I think the Brown and Beasley signings pretty much seals the deal on OBJ for this year.   Who is more likely to make the playoff roster, the PS wideouts who have previous experience in the system and have been with the team for a month.   Or the street free agent coming off an ACL who hasnt played since last year?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I think the FO is recognizing what has been quite apparent for some time... McKenzie is not a viable replacement for Beasely.   He should be, but he’s just not consistent and we need a consistent slot WR.   I’m glad they’re not too proud to recognize the mistake they made and are bringing Bease back.  

Off the field, he seemed like a douche, but what matters more is on field production.  The questions it’ll be interesting to see answered: 1. Does Beasely have anything left in the tank? If so, I think he starts next week.  2.  Does McKenzie play the role of a good teammate?   If not I could see him getting cut. 

Its a Bold move, hut with the #1 seed on the line you need to make a frw bold moves some times. 

Brown and Beasley coming back was at Allen's request.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

PS or not I think the Brown and Beasley signings pretty much seals the deal on OBJ for this year.   Who is more likely to make the playoff roster, the PS wideouts who have previous experience in the system and have been with the team for a month.   Or the street free agent coming off an ACL who hasnt played since last year?

The Street FA.  Because to date Brown hasnt done Dick in two games and no one knows what Beasley has left IF anything

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.