Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

40 minutes ago, CSBill said:

And this probably tells us: (1) No OBJ signing, and (2) Crowder will not be back this season.

Definitely a negative on the OBJ after saying he sees no point in playing in the regular season and I really wasn't expecting to see Crowder back this season anyway.  A broken leg is tough to come back from in the same season.

• Agree 1

Josh has always been a QB that needs to trust his WR- and he has not trusted much outside of Diggs- sure people step up from time to time but it's quite clear to me atleast that he isn't loving what's out there. Shakir has definitely not earned it yet and I'm sure it has something to do with chemistry/ something JA isn't seeing from him- and I think Hines has come here with a different role and just isn't a WR- I do think we will see more from him on offense though.

This move could get some comfort back to JA and this is the perfect time of year for that to happen

Edited by BlazinBill

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Completely disagree.  What did you expect Brown to do in 11% of the snaps on one target?

So what has Brown Done in 2 games?  He has one more to earn a spot on the 53 (looking like that isnt going to happen).  So what has he done again?

21 minutes ago, CoffeeDrip said:

While I wasn’t a fan of his political views I am glad to see him back, if only to give Josh that consistent chain mover he’s been missing this season. At this point I’m tuning out all the Covid debate nonsense anyway so welcome back Beasley (former Cowboy)!

You mustn't  cheer for guys who are on the "wrong" side politically.  Every Bills player should be made to fill out a political questionnaire so the fans can know who are "their guys"

Or just cheer for the guys with the charging Buffalo on their helmets.  That makes a lot more sense.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So what has Brown Done in 2 games?  He has one more to earn a spot on the 53 (looking like that isnt going to happen).  So what has he done again?

He had Sauce Gardner beat....ball was underthrown and Sauce was able to knock it out of Brown's hands.  But, that play showed he still has wheels 

• Like (+1) 3

Here is the most Probable outcome.

Beasley comes in and is no mor productive than the other WRs we have had in the slot this year.

The best outcome possible

Beasley not having a full year of wear and tear is able to tun back the clock for 7 games.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

He had Sauce Gardner beat....ball was underthrown and Sauce was able to knock it out of Brown's hands.  But, that play showed he still has wheels 

So dropped a Ball.  Yeah I know that, so that Drop gets a spot on the 53?  OOO And Sauce was beaten alot that game and this season, you really shouldnt believe the hype around that kid.

Just now, Hsker4life said:

What ever happened to the quick flick passes/jet sweeps with McKenzie? That seemed to be something he excelled at, yet we hardly see it anymore. He’s a gadget player, which is fine…but let’s use him that way.

New OC

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Brown and Beasley coming back was at Allen's request.

I just read that.  LOL.   Wow is all I’m thinking.  ...maybe a few months back when someone posted there was discord on the team, there was some truth to it?  Josh wanted his receivers??   I dont know. But this move just got more interesting to me.  I really hope Josh is right. 

This signing also makes it clear that losing Crowder was a much bigger deal than this board realized. Fans forgot how many 3rd down conversions we got from Allen throwing quick passes to him early in the year. Yeah he wasn't perfect but he gave us some version of the 2019/2020 Beasley and McKenzie has given us none of that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I assume he has learned the playbook and got himself ready in case he needs to be elevated to the main roster permanently during the playoffs.   Football isn't just played on Sundays.   What has OBJ done in the same time frame to prove he was worth the money and the roster spot?    While he was TMZing at the Mavericks game, Brown was working. 

You can hold out hope the Bills sign OBJ for the playoffs but I think thats a long shot at this point

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

While it sounds like Beasley was loved in the locker room... and especially by Allen, Diggs, Davis and co., I do find it funny that we hear "not one player opposed"...

Kidding (mostly), but I'm not sure anyone want to oppose and become the accompanying player released when Cole gets signed to the active roster. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.