NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

He gave them the best shot at trying the game. 

You don't mess around with head injuries like Miami did with Tua.

Ribs are not the same kind of injury. I remember Jim Kelly playing through bruised ribs for a few weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has more than bruised ribs.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Great win. But the drops have to stop & O-line needs to settle in faster. (59%completion percentage)

Add back the 6 or 7 drops, ALL VERY catchable and that % looks a lot better. We only lose when we beat ourselves and with 0 turnovers we didn’t do that. Penalties and drops were horrible today but still one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Our offense isn’t built for Buffalo winters.  Our QB maybe, but not our offense. We have an average at best running game (especially when a running play is a probable option) & receivers that are not sure handed.  I’m happy with the win, but we need to figure out a winter weather game plan.  That may include more Shakir & Hines, less passes to McKenzie & maybe even Knox.  We really need a stud RB, but that’s a next year option. 

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You can see the limitations to his natural talent, but I think he is a notch up on your typical game manager.

He's pretty solid and I would play him the rest of the year if I'm the Jets.

Only time will tell if he can be better than just a manager. With that said, if I was playing football, I'd damn sure want White to be my QB over that selfish POS that is Wilson.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Disappointing for a “revenge” game. Are the Jets better than expected or are we just a little overrated? 
Happy with a win it just doesn’t seem like we are very sharp for late in the season.

Better than expected? They have the best pass defense in the league imo. And we’re a pass happy offense. We’re going to have trouble vs the Jets for a while.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

I wonder if these tough games are better prep for the playoffs than just blowing teams out. 

Perhaps not. But we are learning about potential weaknesses all the time 

You’re right. Tough games are good practice but there is a level of sloppiness and rust underlying our offensive effort as well. That has to get fixed.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Our offense isn’t built for Buffalo winters.  Our QB maybe, but not our offense. We have an average at best running game (especially when a running play is a probable option) & receivers that are not sure handed.  I’m happy with the win, but we need to figure out a winter weather game plan.  That may include more Shakir & Hines, less passes to McKenzie & maybe even Knox.  We really need a stud RB, but that’s a next year option. 

Never understood the fans who said the Buffalo weather is an advantage for us.

Maybe 30 years ago when we had an O-line and Thurman Thomas, but not this offense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Better than expected? They have the best pass defense in the league imo. And we’re a pass happy offense. We’re going to have trouble vs the Jets for a while.

Where was our run game today? Felt like Cook barely touched the ball and Singletary only had a couple of runs.

4 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

We need to catch the ball.  That’s the big issue.  And we miss a Beasley type in the slot who can function as a reliable extension of the running game. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.