Mind Blowing Stat of the Week

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Their scores this year are kinda flukey as well. Four games where they totaled 16 points. Three games with a 9 point score. And two games with 10 points scored. One other game they won with a whopping 11 points scored and then lastly their biggest point total of the season was 23 against Vegas, a game they lost. 

It's actually pretty astonishing to see how far Russ has fallen. Hackett doesn't help but it's abnormal how rapidly a dude who looked like a HOF'er is one of, if not the worst QB playing right now. 

He has a worse QB rating than Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz...let that one sink in for a minute with how terrible they have been this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

How about this stat...

Peyton Manning once threw 7 touchdowns in a single game for the Broncos.

Russell Wilson has 8 touchdowns all season.

I like the Russell Wilson Bathrooms vs. TD bet...his new house has 12 bathrooms...over or under the number of TD passes Wilson throws this year

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I think people don't understand there is a vast difference between the skills needed to succeed as a Head Coach versus the skills needed as an OC.  Almost a completely different skillset.  That is why so many fail as HC's, not because they can't coach football or don't know football.

I have been offered promotions I’ve turned down.   As Clint said, “A man’s got to know his limitations.”  I don’t think being OC prepares one for being HC.  Being an OC can inform someone who has an HC aptitude but it doesn’t provide the aptitude.  OCs are artists.  HCs are decorators.  Chefs and restaurant managers.  DJs and event planners, etc.

Edited by Neo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Hackett never had a chance. If your only claim to fame is "coached Aaron Rodgers" then maybe look at his other stops (Buffalo, Jacksonville) to see that he has been a bad coach for the majority of his career

ah yes the old Mike McCarthy career path

If I recall correctly, the hope was Rodgers would follow him to GB.

The whole thing has set back GB and Denver

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

I have been offered promotions I’ve turned down.   As Clint said, “A man’s got to know his limitations.”  I don’t think being OC prepares one for being HC.  Being an OC can inform someone who has an HC aptitude but it doesn’t provide the aptitude.  OCs are artists.  HCs are decorators.  Chefs and restaurant managers.  DJs and event planners, etc.

Yeah, being a head coach is pretty much like being a CEO...you need to hold the other coaches accountable, who then need to hold their position groups accountable, etc...

You go from the doer, to the manager.  You also have TONS of off the field issues that you are constantly dealing with on a weekly basis that have nothing to do with football, and that is the biggest thing that takes a lot of getting used to by some of the head coaches from what they have said...sometimes it is so hard to pull yourself away from the football side of things to deal with those, but they are necessary if you want to run a well balanced and efficient team.

A lot of times people cannot properly make the transition from doer to manager...kind of like when assistant managers get promoted to store manager.  There is a whole lot of stuff you never were responsible for that you are now responsible for, on top of ensuring that everyone else is doing their jobs properly. You also are dealing with the entire team now instead of just your specialty or side of the ball and have a lot of input on what goes on there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

And they have playmakers on their offense.  It’s the QB and HC dragging everyone down.

if I were any young skill player I would be demanding a trade. Sutton is on the tail end of his prime but still has 3-5 years and Jeudy is 23 and is being wasted. 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

With that defense I can see how you would think that and the chiefs defense is pretty terrible, but it’s really hard to think that offense is going to be able to score more than the Chiefs 

Well you know how wacky division games can get. It’s more wishful thinking than anything but really hoping the Broncos or Seahawks can pull off the upset.

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean even in Buffalo with EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel he managed to put up 21.2 PPG.  Inconceivable how he could be 8 points worse with much more talent.

image.thumb.png.54db8f2d2af8600a397c2bc72553b42e.png

And league wide scoring is higher now than it was in 2013. Meaning it’s easier to score points now than it was.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.