Mind Blowing Stat of the Week

Big Turk

The Broncos have been inept on offense all year, but their defense has been playing consistently lights out.

This stat is absolutely mind blowing.  

If the Denver Broncos could have simply cleared the very low bar of scoring 18 points on offense each game, they would be 10-2 and the #1 seed. 

I would be beside myself right now if I was a Bronco fan.  Wasting an absolute championship level defense with this trash offense.  

Mind blowing how an NFL team could be THIS bad on offense, dead last at 13.5 points a game, more than 2 points lower than the next worse team, the Houston Texans with David Mills and Kyle Allen at QB.  Even more mind blowing since their head coach was hired because he was GOOD on offense in his last job in Green Bay and he has Russell Wilson and no matter how far he has fallen, there is no reason why they should have the worst offense in the NFL.

Hackett has to go...he has ruined that team on a Rex x 100 level.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Hackett was always going to be a disaster. Broncos brass should’ve vetted him over here with us at TBD. Coulda saved them all a lot of trouble. 

I mean even in Buffalo with EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel he managed to put up 21.2 PPG.  Inconceivable how he could be 8 points worse with much more talent.

image.thumb.png.54db8f2d2af8600a397c2bc72553b42e.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Russell Wilson is a locker room cancer. Hackett is getting the blame and probably deservedly so. But there is something about Wilson that causes friction with teams. Hopefully the full story comes out. Seattle is winning without him and was willing to part with him. 

winning with Geno Smith

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well, when you have a chance to hire someone from the Doug Marrone coaching tree, you just HAVE to do it, right?

In all seriousness, when I heard that Nate Hackett was hired as head coach, I had PTSD flashbacks of the absolutely awful offensive playcalling when he was with the Bills. I told myself that coaches change, evolve, and learn, and that he had surely gotten better along the way and would do just fine...

...and here we are.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Well, when you have a chance to hire someone from the Doug Marrone coaching tree, you just HAVE to do it, right?

In all seriousness, when I heard that Nate Hackett was hired as head coach, I had PTSD flashbacks of the absolutely awful offensive playcalling when he was with the Bills. I told myself that coaches change, evolve, and learn, and that he had surely gotten better along the way and would do just fine...

...and here we are.

it's strange how some businesses/sectors reward failure and subscribe to failing upward as a governing philosophy.

I'll admit i was mad when the Bills hired McD instead of someone i'd heard of, but that's because I'm an emotive idiot

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

it's strange how some businesses/sectors reward failure and subscribe to failing upward as a governing philosophy.

I'll admit i was mad when the Bills hired McD instead of someone i'd heard of, but that's because I'm an emotive idiot

I think nepotism plays a big role in this one, too.

Based on Hackett's track record, I can't help but wonder if he would have "fallen upward" quite as rapidly if he was not the son of a great NFL coach.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.