NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I thought Carter played in the first game.

You're correct, I don't know what I was thinking. He's presumably talking about Zonovan Knight who Jets fans have identified as a possible star in the making.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

You're correct, I don't know what I was thinking. He's presumably talking about Zonovan Knight who Jets fans have identified as a possible star in thr making.

Talking to two of my jets friends, Knight might as well be the second coming of Curtis Martin and just as good as Breece Hall

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You state feelings I have about many "news" programs these days.  I tune in and they're talking about Tom Brady's divorce or something instead of pressing world issues.

Here's the thing though: it must be remembered that like news programs today, all of these reporters are there to draw readership and listeners and clicks.

Just because you and I could not care less about McDermott's dog eating his donut and would like instead to know medical specifics of Jordan Phillips shoulder injury, the reporters and their editors/managers may have data showing that the majority of readers not only care about the dog and the donut, they want to know the breed of the dog, the flavor of the donut, and if the donut was chocolate did McD call the vet?

Same thing with Tom Brady's divorce.  If the watchers care about Tom Brady's divorce more than the state of the power grid in Ukraine, that's what we'll get.

Medical information is private.  If Dawkins chooses to disclose he's got a high ankle sprain, that's his biz.  But McDermott really shouldn't disclose Dion's medical information further than NFL injury reporting rules require, where "ankle" suffices.

As far as disclosing tactical info about the team, McDermott isn't there for that or to provide you with insight.  He's just "there so he doesn't get fined" so to speak.

Not sure why I should care about the Ukrainian power grid more than Brady’s divorce, Brady can move to the Ukraine and get divorced in the dark and I still don’t care.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Since we last played the Jets, we are 3-1 they are 1-2.

We have completed 64% of our passes they have completed 57%

We have rushed for 5.1 yards per carry, they are at 4.3 ypc

We have converted 51% of our third downs, they have converted 31%

Two of these games are against common opponents, Minny  and New England

This game is in Buffalo

We have Poyer, Tre, and Spencer Brown for this game, but lose Miller

Their one win is against the 3-10 Bears.

We have beaten the 5-7 Browns, 6-6 Pats, and 5-7 Lions [their only loss in the last 5 games]

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, balln said:

He was drafted in 3rd round and “made” a Super Bowl roster team. He should look like he belongs as a backup

he looked lost/ doesn’t belong in nfl  in 4th q of preseason games 

everyone had him as a major reach in 3rd

Exactly what does a back up look like like they’re not ready to play because that’s what he looks like and if you put him out on waivers, he would gets walked up by another team the same day

quit crying

53 minutes ago, eball said:

What are you talking about? They have regularly beaten the snot out of teams. 

Each time we get in the #1 seed position or close to it, we fail.  I am not talking about crushing a ***** Steelers team in week 3. I am talking beat a good team you should best when something meaningful is on the line and you are in first place. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Each time we get in the #1 seed position or close to it, we fail.  I am not talking about crushing a ***** Steelers team in week 3. I am talking beat a good team you should best when something meaningful is on the line and you are in first place. 

Why do we have to characterize wins, again? Beating the Steelers 38-7 shows up the same as beating Detroit on a last second field goal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Finding a way to get pressure on White (without Von) and keeping Allen clean are two huge keys to the Bills winning this game. It’ll be interesting to see how the coaches address those two facets. 

Agree, these 2 questions are probably going to be the key to every game left this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills should be able to get pressure on teams, even without Von, as the back seven gets healthy. 

Doesn’t matter who’s rushing the passer when the QB has quick slants with defensive backs playing ten yards off and jump balls down field available to them every snap. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.