Jump to content

Cook or Singletary?


ngbills
 Share

Recommended Posts

Romo highlighted why Cook hasn't been on the field more he runs to the right josh throws to him then randomly goes back to the left almost cost an interception. Seems like he needs more field awareness 

Edited by Mrbojanglezs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

That’s on McDermott. Hines is a polished professional and was ready to go immediately. But McD doesn’t play it that way with noobs on his team. Hines will get there. He’s a great addition to the team. Just watch.


How is not utilizing Hines on McDermott? I feel that offensive personnel/utilization should be on the OC

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Cook had a bad game today.  I dont think Dorsey knows how to use any of our 3 RBs to be honest.

There’s no excuse why he can’t figure out how to use all 3 better 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Singletary clearly is the better back atm. It's not even close.

 

Cook needs more experience, and hopefully will continue to improve.

 

Singletary is consistent. Cook isn't.

 

We are coming to the business end of the season, and you need consistency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cook definitely has that explosiveness we all have seen and talked about, and I have high hopes that one day he becomes our featured back, but I agree with you that right now Singletary NEEDS to be the guy.  As much as I campaigned to give Cook more opportunities, he needs more time to develop and learn the offense, as well as work on his blocking as well as ball security, etc.  That drop today was rough, and he didnt help his cause doing it right in front of McD.  Also, with all of the injuries we've had to endure, my guess is every game here on out is gonna be a dogfight, and we no longer have the luxury of experimenting with anyone.

 

All Singletary has been is consistent, and even though he doesn't have the speed that Cook does, he is running the ball very well right now IMO.  He has good burst through the line, and like others have mentioned, the more touches he gets throughout the game, the better he performs.  Unfortunately, because we've been in so many close games lately, we haven't had the luxury of sticking with the run a whole lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Singletary is clearly our best back. Cook is a work in progress. I think with an off season working on lower body strength, he will be better and able to break those ankle tackles that bring him down now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Singletary has been running well imo. 

 

Cook has plenty of potential he looks like a back who can get to the corner, something we have not had in a while.  Lets hope he learns and improves each game, he could he a valuable weapon when the playoffs begin.  Any plays they design for him we likely work for Hines too....  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Devin should still be the #1 but Cook has absolutely shown he belongs the past few weeks. I am pro him getting 6-10 carries. 

 

He really hasn't done that much. The couple weeks prior to the Cleveland game he was only picking up 30-40 all purpose yards, despite getting quite a few touches.

He racked up a bunch of yardage vs Cleveland, but he was just running through massive gaping holes and didn't really show all that much while doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Singletary is holding this offense back in a big way. Bottom tier athleticism, under sized, gets what he's given nothing more and sometimes less.  No big play ability, his running style is not made for the NFL coming to a screeching halt to dance and juke just to get tackled from behind. 

 

Cook is a superior athlete, is not debatable its a tangible fact. Watching him run vs the Browns and Singletary is just eye opening how much more explosive he is, dude will be a big play machine if he gets playing time. 

 

Singletary is a drought era player which is why so many like him.  Low athleticism, undersized, but high effort and an endearing personality. He's Coy Wire at running back.

 

Singletary has no place on an explosive offense.

  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Singletary is holding this offense back in a big way. Bottom tier athleticism, under sized, gets what he's given nothing more and sometimes less.  No big play ability, his running style is not made for the NFL coming to a screeching halt to dance and juke just to get tackled from behind. 

 

Cook is a superior athlete, is not debatable its a tangible fact. Watching him run vs the Browns and Singletary is just eye opening how much more explosive he is, dude will be a big play machine if he gets playing time. 

 

Singletary is a drought era player which is why so many like him.  Low athleticism, undersized, but high effort and an endearing personality. He's Coy Wire at running back.

 

Singletary has no place on an explosive offense.


Cook’s athleticism is great. And what’s that do for you if you can’t read blocks, break tackles or catch the football? 

Because he doesn’t have track speed, he is has low athleticism? Sure. Ignore balance, agility, lean, leverage and everything else that makes him a tremendous and reliable asset in the run game. 
 

Do you like baseball? Here is a reference for you: If you build a team to hit home runs, you better be prepared to deal with strikeouts. This is James Cook, and 100% why Singletary needs to be out “get on base” lead runner. 
 

He has a fantastic first cut and ability to make people miss. He rarely goes down on first contact, and always falls forward  with his low center of gravity and leg churn.

 

Our home run hitter is Allen and the passing offense. Our running game is built to be a reliable and sustainable complimentary piece. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Simon said:

 

He really hasn't done that much. The couple weeks prior to the Cleveland game he was only picking up 30-40 all purpose yards, despite getting quite a few touches.

He racked up a bunch of yardage vs Cleveland, but he was just running through massive gaping holes and didn't really show all that much while doing it.

 

 What is your definition of quite a few touches? Except for week 2 and last week, Cook has never touched the ball more than 6 times in a game. He averages 25% more yards per rush and 40% more yards per catch than Singletary.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

This is nothing about Cook's potential but what and who is helping us now. I hear how Cook needs more touches, Cook has elite speed, Cook has receiver like ability. I dont see any of that yet. Drops, bad routes, bad reads on runs, slow side to side.

 

The offense seems most efficient when Singletary is getting involved. Lets stop experimenting with Cook if he is not ready for primetime. Go with Singletary and Hines. Singletary had been solid when he is not forgotten by Dorsey. Bring Cook in once we have a big lead. But the on and off the field with these guys seems to create stalls in the O. 

Cook quit on one pass route and turned back,Josh threw to where he thought Cook was headed,almost got picked off. THAT bothered me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:


Cook’s athleticism is great. And what’s that do for you if you can’t read blocks, break tackles or catch the football? 

Because he doesn’t have track speed, he is has low athleticism? Sure. Ignore balance, agility, lean, leverage and everything else that makes him a tremendous and reliable asset in the run game. 
 

Do you like baseball? Here is a reference for you: If you build a team to hit home runs, you better be prepared to deal with strikeouts. This is James Cook, and 100% why Singletary needs to be out “get on base” lead runner. 
 

He has a fantastic first cut and ability to make people miss. He rarely goes down on first contact, and always falls forward  with his low center of gravity and leg churn.

 

Our home run hitter is Allen and the passing offense. Our running game is built to be a reliable and sustainable complimentary piece. 

 

Absolute nonsense that Cook can't read blocks.  Utter nonsense and competely unsubstantiated.

 

 

 

Singletary has low athleticism because he's a bottom percentile athlete and the slowest starting RB in the league. 

DS-2177.png

 

The baseball analogy for Singletary would be Brock Holt, unathletic try hard slap hitter that fans love. I wouldn't mind him as a backup but he brings nothing as a starter to an explosive offense.

 

There is so much opportunity at the RB position for this Offense and it is being pissed away. Your description of Singletary as a runner is fantasy land, no offense.  By your description he would be a 1500 yard back. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Absolute nonsense that Cook can't read blocks.  Utter nonsense and competely unsubstantiated.

 

 

 

Singletary has low athleticism because he's a bottom percentile athlete and the slowest starting RB in the league. 

DS-2177.png

 

The baseball analogy for Singletary would be Brock Holt, unathletic try hard slap hitter that fans love. I wouldn't mind him as a backup but he brings nothing as a starter to an explosive offense.

 

There is so much opportunity at the RB position for this Offense and it is being pissed away. Your description of Singletary as a runner is fantasy land, no offense.  By your description he would be a 1500 yard back. 

 

 

 


We’ll find out next year, no matter what. 
 

Simgletary likely won’t be back with this team as a back up, or a starter, due to the financial restraints this team will make.

 

You can post a video that shows Cook making a good cut. There are 100 more for Singletary doing the same. 
 

The photo you posted re: Singletary was heavily discussed and questioned the accuracy due to it being a still shot and lack of EZ angle.

 

You can pick and choose videos, photos and statistics all you want to support your claim. When it comes down to it, THIS YEAR, it isn’t even close who is the more reliable and appropriate option for this team to lean on. 
 

Again, Singletary has years as a proven rusher, receiver and pass protector. Cool is a pipe dream for the future that I fear Beane reached on. 
 

We can disagree, that is fine. I never said he was the truth a RB, or an all pro, or even a pro bowler. But I guarantee you in NFL circles he garners a ton of respect from players and coaches for his abilities and results on the field. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...