Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

And YOU were one of the lucky ones! I know people who took a couple DAYS to get home! People who slept in hotel lobbies because they were out of rooms and nowhere to go! 

I live in Atlanta as well and was here. Heard GADOT bought an extra plow so we're ready for the next "snowstorm" ...

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There wasn't an ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer on the back of every phone book and on every billboard back then.  The liability of inviting 70K people to your venue during a blizzard would be an invitation to get sued into oblivion when things inevitably go sideways for some of those people.

I wish I could disagree with you. I really do. This would be a recipe for disaster in so many ways. Something bad would happen, and it would be open season on the team and the league for putting a game ahead of people’s lives. Even if those people were willing adults who made their own decisions. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

Last time in 2014 they just let people in for free.

We had early tix purchased via StubHub! and got a full refund.

This will be basically easier for Browns fans to get there... So hope Bills Mafia gets the word out to the Buffalo Diaspora to get there! This ain't the 2014 Bills-Jets! We need to show!

I am 4 hours away... We are just gonna wing it and show.  See what tix situation is there in real time.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I live in Atlanta as well and was here. Heard GADOT bought an extra plow so we're ready for the next "snowstorm" ...

They did prep the roads the next time it snowed, and the results were much better. But holy hell, that was embarrassing! 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I used to laugh about this, but they don’t have the equipment to clear the roads so 3” here is more dangerous than 8” in WNY.

I live in fla, al for 20 years. was in west texas back in '78 and they had a dusting that shut the town down. I'm quite familiar with southerners and their inability to handle snow. 2" driving through detroit should be no problem for RwC, hence the reason I said he'd be aight.

20 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

They won't - home Sunday night / back Wednesday. Some of the players may have family in town all week for Turkey Day.

Don't see that! Makes no sense practically,  plus this could be a really good thing. Get rid of all distractions, focus on the team and the games. Almost like a mini training camp. Could be a turning point for this team IF...they win both.

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you see what two inches of snow did to Atlanta 8 years ago?  It took me 4 hours to get home and I lived 15 minutes away.  

My friend is a cop and told me there was something like 2,000 cars in accidents.  I witness 8 on my walk home.  I pulled over into a grocery store and walked the rest of the 3 miles home.  

You had no plows or salt and are surrounded by southerners.

Things will be significantly better up this way.

• Like (+1) 1

4 feet, is over my limit. I personally was concerned about getting my SUV and six people stranded behind dozens of cars 25F, on a side road all night. The game itself was never a concern. Dome would be a safe place to shelter-in-place, however what a party that could be.
LOL

Edited by Since1981

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Detroit being only 2.5 hrs from Cleveland and the fact that nobody will be able to get out of Buffalo on Saturday may make this a defacto home game for the Browns. 

I’ll be there from PGH with my 10 year old son. He can be as loud as 100000 Cleavelanders!

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Chubb will get his, but you think this guy is single-handedly going to beat the Bills? Yes, we lost to the 8-1 Vikings. Yes, it sucks. No, we are not losing to the 3-6 Browns and freakin Jacoby Brissett. Stop being a drama queen. It’s one thing if this game was being played in a blizzard, but it’s not. 

Sorry. I flew to Jacksonville last year. I’m scarred. And scared. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.