Sunday's game vs Cleveland is being moved to Detroit

Simon

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Beane states they are leaving Saturday coming back and flying back Weds

For those think Buffalo airport could be snowed in, that’s true. But they could, however, use Niagara Falls airport. It’s out of the target zone of main lake effect.  You just have to be able to get there. 

Back in the 70’s my parents came back from Europe on a charter during heavy snow and the plane landed at Niagara Falls since it was clear there. 

Just now, zow2 said:

For those think Buffalo airport could be snowed in, that’s true. But they could, however, use Niagara Falls airport. It’s out of the target zone of main lake effect.  You just have to be able to get there. 

Back in the 70’s my parents came back from Europe on a charter during heavy snow and the plane landed at Niagara Falls since it was clear there. 

NF or Rochester even that is supposed to have no snow...NF supposed to be getting hit hard Saturday afternoon

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Exactly. If taxpayer funds are to be used, our new stadium must have a roof. 

The game would have still been moved. Stop being ridiculous

6 minutes ago, cba fan said:

what?? 57k showed up. Vast majority Bills fans who drove.

Yeah exactly...Marrone even said he was shocked as seeing the sea of blue out there in the stands.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Wow what a joke.

Either play the game in the snow or the new stadium must have a roof. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Exactly. If taxpayer funds are to be used, our new stadium must have a roof. 

Just how big of a roof do you think the roof should be? Enough to cover the field or one big enough to cover all of Orchard Park? You guys do realize that there will be snow in other places than just on the field, right? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I don’t think you’re accurate on assuming it would still be moved…

Then you are simply wrong. This decision had zero to do with field conditions which will likely be fine.

Erie County isn't devoting all their resources to clearing roads, parking lots and other places to play a football game while a travel ban is in effect so 70K people can come out and cause chaos as they attempt to continue clean up efforts.

Have you ever been in a place with 5+ feet of snow before?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The entire stadium should be covered and heated. It’s a no brainer. When do we find out the plans for this new stadium and where do we submit opinions?

You know what happens when you assume. A dome would have a completely different decision making tree than this existing stadium and moving the game would not be in the cards. It would be more logistics of snow removal from roads which can be cleared in hours. 

Comical. You think 5+ feet of snow will be cleared in hours?

Never been in one of these huh?

This is actually a great move and now I think we'll actually win and win big against the Browns even if they run the ball down this defenses throat with success.

Playing in very bad weather was just asking for an ugly loss similar to the Colts game last year especially with this team in the midst of a 2 game losing streak.

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

again…the stadium itself has nothing to do with the decision. It’s about local resources, emergency crews, airport closing concerns for Browns, road closing concerns/safety for fans, etc

AND getting to Detroit for Thanksgiving in 4 days. At LEAST Bills will be settled in for the Holiday.  Kinda convenient they got the dome but Detroit is a much more tempered climate with way less yearly snow.

I grew up in Rochester. Yes, they can clear that amnt of snow in 3 hours. 

Just throw resources at it.  They can keep it clear... It's really only a small localized area. 

Anyway... Snow will probably be done, but winds are forecasted for 25+ mph. Always can blow around... But game would be brutal... Then they have 4 days to get to Detroit anyway for Thanksgiving  

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Comical. You think 5+ feet of snow will be cleared in hours?

Never been in one of these huh?

Exactly. We were visiting my mom for Christmas in 2001 when Buffalo itself got 7 feet over a 5 day period. We had to wait another three days for them open the Thruway so that we could drive back home to Bloomington, IN. Even at that, it was a crazy drive until I decided to drive inland at Erie. Two miles from the lake, all the snow was gone. There was like a hard line, where one side of the line there was 6+ feet of snow and on the other side there was no snow. 

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah exactly. Ensuring people are safe is more important than ensuring a football game is played. This is a life threatenting situation, this isn't a joke. Multiple people will die for various reasons during this storm regardless, no need to ensure more do.

It’s close, but I gotta give that one to you.    😋

I grew up in WNY, but spent more time in hurricane territory. We stayed home for Cat 1-3 and ran like hell for Cat4-5. But whatever, the point is you know it’s coming in some form, to some places. If you don’t get out of the way, and you get crushed, that’s on you almost always. When you gamble there are consequences to losing. You don’t want the Bills or NFL taking the flak for getting it wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I grew up in Rochester. Yes, they can clear that amnt of snow in 3 hours. 

Rochester has never had a snowstorm of 5 feet.  Nowhere even close to that.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2019/01/18/rochester-ny-weather-biggest-snowstorms/2613263002/

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Resources will be required regardless of where the game is played.  Erie and Monroe county are ready; salt silos are full, stocked plow drivers, etc. 

Yeah... Like it hasn't snowed big ever before for a game in Orchard Park. That ThanksgivingDay game maybe makes storm more problematic from a logistics point. 

Did you take the effort to look that up? I also completed my undergrad at UB. I grew up in western NY. 

I lived in Cheektowaga and had a lot of family in Rochester.  They used to laugh at us saying they never get the storms we did.

It took 20 seconds to google.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

The entire stadium should be covered and heated. It’s a no brainer. When do we find out the plans for this new stadium and where do we submit opinions?

You know what happens when you assume. A dome would have a completely different decision making tree than this existing stadium and moving the game would not be in the cards. It would be more logistics of snow removal from roads which can be cleared in hours. 

How is a dome supposed to stop several feet of snow falling all over Buffalo? The game getting moved isn’t because of the stadium, it’s because of what is going on around the stadium- you understand this, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.