Nyheim Hines: Why did we bother trading for him?

EasternOHBillsFan

17 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

One a game isn't going to cut it. Cook I get because he's a rook and he needs development, but ***** Hines has to be plug and play by now.

I'm not sure why he wasn't more involved today,  especially passing downs. But Josh refused to take check downs today so it probably wouldn't matter. But I definitely want to see some more handoffs to cook and Hines, we need that speed element to our run game.

• Agree 1

I think McD is phenomenal, but always thought the way this coaching staff utilize certain players is a weak spot. I remember when Mike Tolbert was given carries. They seem to fall in love with certain guys, while never giving certain younger players and acquisitions enough opportunities to prove themselves. Allen and Diggs hide the fact that we need more contributors, and the importance of putting the right guys on the field. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MPT said:

I'd really like to hear why it's so difficult. It seems like Dorsey just says "everyone go deep" and then Allen runs around until he finds someone to throw to.

Yeah I was watching a replay of that afterwards and there was a RB (not sure if it was Singletary or Cook) wide open after coming off a block but Josh never even looked at him. So Josh deserves some blame there. But all of his receivers were in the endzone and the routes they ran couldn't have possibly gotten them open. It's a recurring theme with Dorsey. The same thing happened on the 4th & 2 where we only needed 2 yards but all of the receivers ran to the endzone where it was picked off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Because this coaching staff slow plays everything, often to the detriment of the team. They slow play injuries, rookie playing time, obvious necessary roster changes, etc. It took them a whole season and a half of Zack Moss clumsily running into his lineman's butt before they recognized that he isn't a viable player. They've given Shakir very little playing time despite obviously being more dependable than McKenzie. Currently they're limiting Cook's snaps in favor of Singletary even though it has become obvious over the last two weeks that he gives our offense more juice.

And yes the latest slow play is keeping Hines out of the offense, even though it is obvious that we need more speed out of our backfield. This is presumably because... they don't think he knows the playbook well enough yet? That's the only possible reason I can imagine, and personally I think it's stupid. Every other top offense has someone that can catch the ball 5 yards past the LOS and turn it into a 20+ yard gain. That element of our offense has never been a thing in the Josh Allen era, so Beane goes and gets that element and the coaches refuse to use him. Really frustrating.

I hate to say it because I’m not that guy but”

I’m starting to worry about McDermott being the guy to bring us a championship. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

I'm not that guy either and today I don't think he was responsible for the loss, but yeah I am starting to get that feeling too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He isn’t very good.

Thats what I don’t get.

Our coaches and Beane talking about him playing the slot and he’s a moveable piece.

He’s a niche running back.

Just like McKissic, Yeldon, Breida, Duke Johnson.

These guys aren’t good. 

But even so, I agree, you’d think they would try and have him carry the ball once.

Its bizarre, but this team makes running the ball sound like theoretical math.

They just can’t figure out how to get 3 yards and move to the next play. 

Tomorrow you’ll get the same gibberish from Dorsey about game

flow and how they really want to run it when the chose to, and it’s all non sense. 

36 minutes ago, MPT said:

Yeah I was watching a replay of that afterwards and there was a RB (not sure if it was Singletary or Cook) wide open after coming off a block but Josh never even looked at him. So Josh deserves some blame there. But all of his receivers were in the endzone and the routes they ran couldn't have possibly gotten them open. It's a recurring theme with Dorsey. The same thing happened on the 4th & 2 where we only needed 2 yards but all of the receivers ran to the endzone where it was picked off. 

The final play the 3 primary receivers all just ran to the endzone and actually they were all pretty close to each other. I think McK went short left to the 16 but was guarded. By the time Singletary released,  Josh was already winding up for the endzone. Even if he does dump it off to motor,  he probably barely makes it inside the 15.  No one ran a mid field route to the 10.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The final play the 3 primary receivers all just ran to the endzone and actually they were all pretty close to each other. I think McK went short left to the 16 but was guarded. By the time Singletary released,  Josh was already winding up for the endzone. Even if he does dump it off to motor,  he probably barely makes it inside the 15.  No one ran a mid field route to the 10.

Easily would have made it past the 15 but might not have gotten the first down. It still would have been 3rd and short with over a minute left. But yes I agree that two of those receivers should have been running to the sticks instead of flooding the endzone with defenders.

45 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Nonsense.  Be that guy because the sentiment is growing.  It'll be at a fever pitch if anything less than a Super Bowl appearance happens.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.