I'm done.

letsgoteam

7 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Make fun of me, say I'm a liar, say whatever you want.

I'm done.

I'm 34 years old, married with a 1 month old. I live out of state. 

I have been a Bills fan all of my life, I'm not going to stop being a fan, I can't. I've been cursed. For many years, I dreamed when I finally had a kid that as they grew up, I would have someone who would love the Bills as much as I do, something we could share. My wife doesn't care about sports (it sucks). That dream is over, I'm not cursing my daughter to a lifetime of misery. 

Of course, I will keep up with the Bills, but I've got to change the way they have an impact in my life. Beyond my family and job, the Bills have come next. Watching every game, having whatever app needed to watch them out of state, clothing, $, etc. 

I'm done. I cant keep doing this. The way I feel after a loss has to stop (especially the epic meltdown losses we are all to familiar with); I'm miserable, I'm mad, I'm angry, it consumes me. I'm to emotionally invested. Beyond my job and family, the Bills have been everything and anyone who knows me knows its my identity. 

Something has to give. 

So, I thought about it after the KC game last season. Now after this, its time. I'm no longer watching the Bills live. 4 hours every "Sunday" for 17 weeks and whatever playoffs and preseason stuff. That's over 70+ hours each season. That's roughly 3 days of my life each year devoted to the Bills.

What has it given back to me, how am I a better person for doing this. What good, what accomplishments, what have I earned from this. 

NOTHING

All I do is become a emotional wreck and a miserable, grumpy jerk when they lose. (I can remember crying as a little kid, like 6/7 years old). The crying as a little kid, now is mostly just meant with anger. Any of my friends and family know. To the point of, my best friends wife, texted my wife and wanted to see how angry I was after the KC loss. It's embarrassing. I have become a side show spectacle, to point where people are curious how "epic" my meltdown was. (I would like to say, I actually took it like a champ, and kept it all in eternally and showed nothing emotionally). No anger, just disappointment in myself and the Bills. 

From here on, perhaps I go back to it at some point. I dont know. I'm just done. I am disappointed in myself more for caring so much for 30 years. 

From this point on, I'm not watching another Bills game live. I need to do better in my life, maybe this is a small step in the right direction. I know I will watch replays if they win (just like I might watch Netflix or Disney +), but I'm gaining my life back. I'm done.

I don't blame you.  Emotionally investing in sports where we have no control can be tough.  Spend time with your baby man.  More to life for you right now than this joke of an underachieving team.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

I have been a Bills fan all of my life, I'm not going to stop being a fan, I can't. I've been cursed. For many years, I dreamed when I finally had a kid that as they grew up, I would have someone who would love the Bills as much as I do, something we could share. My wife doesn't care about sports (it sucks). That dream is over, I'm not cursing my daughter to a lifetime of misery. 

Of course, I will keep up with the Bills, but I've got to change the way they have an impact in my life. Beyond my family and job, the Bills have come next. Watching every game, having whatever app needed to watch them out of state, clothing, $, etc. 

I'm done. I cant keep doing this. The way I feel after a loss has to stop (especially the epic meltdown losses we are all to familiar with); I'm miserable, I'm mad, I'm angry, it consumes me. I'm to emotionally invested. Beyond my job and family, the Bills have been everything and anyone who knows me knows its my identity. 

Something has to give. 

So, I thought about it after the KC game last season. Now after this, its time. I'm no longer watching the Bills live. 4 hours every "Sunday" for 17 weeks and whatever playoffs and preseason stuff. That's over 70+ hours each season. That's roughly 3 days of my life each year devoted to the Bills.

What has it given back to me, how am I a better person for doing this. What good, what accomplishments, what have I earned from this. 

NOTHING

All I do is become a emotional wreck and a miserable, grumpy jerk when they lose. (I can remember crying as a little kid, like 6/7 years old). The crying as a little kid, now is mostly just meant with anger. Any of my friends and family know. To the point of, my best friends wife, texted my wife and wanted to see how angry I was after the KC loss. It's embarrassing. I have become a side show spectacle, to point where people are curious how "epic" my meltdown was. (I would like to say, I actually took it like a champ, and kept it all in eternally and showed nothing emotionally). No anger, just disappointment in myself and the Bills. 

From here on, perhaps I go back to it at some point. I dont know. I'm just done. I am disappointed in myself more for caring so much for 30 years. 

From this point on, I'm not watching another Bills game live. I need to do better in my life, maybe this is a small step in the right direction. I know I will watch replays if they win (just like I might watch Netflix or Disney +), but I'm gaining my life back. I'm done.

“letsgoteam”

ps: you’ll regret this

Just now, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

Most of this message board underdtsnfs where thats coming from....Every diehard fan feels the same emotional roller coaster.  

If you take the losses this hard, I do too,  then you need to find an outlet, ie:your daughter, another hobby, work, etc.  

Everyone needs balance, like this offense could use 😁

At the end of the day, it's just football.  Remind yourself that, and see you next week...stay the course/keep believing/don't give up...whatever you need to tell yourself....

Season is far from over, could always be worse (we're 6-3, with a great QB still available).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

After the game was over and my blood pressure dropped down to manageable levels I went and hung out with my three year old, within minutes I was happy again. Football is entertainment, good or bad it is nothing more. If the Bill's lose, life goes on...if they win the Superbowl, yes, I will break down in tears of happiness but life will still go on. I love my Bill's but in the end it is just a game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

Pull yourself up by your boot straps kid. Life gets harder than this. I love the Bills more than anythingl, but won’t let them get me down. Life isn’t worth it. We’ve got a great team that needs to get it figured out, which I’m confident they’ll make the playoffs. Don’t let losses be the say all, do all…. 

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

thanks for the biography. No one cares. Bye ✌️ 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

Lmaoo your a loser 

your kid is 1 and we are 6-3

Hand your man card in 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

I hear you man.

This franchise is cursed. This team does nothing but rip hearts out and has since their existence.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

Bye

I am lucky enough to have Game Pass. There have been several times that I just can't emotionally handle some games.

I have turned them off (I did tonight) it is easier to do because I can watch the game later if I choose.

I certainly feel the OP's pain. 

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I'm done.

Something has to give. 

NOTHING

In all sincerity, good luck and congrats on having a baby. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.