Mark my words

Italian Bills

37 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'll bet you 10k that the Bills win out if you bet me 10k that the Bills lose out. Deal?

That's changing the scenario. I never advocated that either was going to happen. You defended the win out post. So put up or .... up. Nice try though. 

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Being blind is never commendable.

How is hoping the Bills win out a bad thing? 

I'm picture a bumbling response from Schopp and Bulldog. You, you, you, you're not going to fool me! 

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Being blind is never commendable.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

That's changing the scenario. I never advocated that either was going to happen. You defended the win out post. So put up or .... up. Nice try though. 

Go knit a sweater. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No it's not.  The #1 seed has won 54.4% of Super Bowls....the most.

https://www.sports-king.com/super-bowl-winners-by-seed-3203/

This is wrong.  It's actually the most common seed to win the Super Bowl.

https://www.sports-king.com/super-bowl-winners-by-seed-3203/

I'm not going back all the way to 1975. Only 8 teams had the #1 seed that were Super Bowl winners since 1999. So a large percentage of the Super Bowl winners from 22 years ago were low seeded teams.

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I'm not going back all the way to 1975. Only 8 teams had the #1 seed that were Super Bowl winners since 1999. So a large percentage of the Super Bowl winners from 22 years ago were low seeded teams.

Here's a breakdown from 1999:

So basically the #1 seeds have gone to the most Super Bowls and won the most Super Bowls.  It's not rare to win a Super Bowl as a #1 seed since 1999.  It's the opposite of rare.

Super Bowl Appearances by seed:

#1 - 22

#2 - 10

#3 - 2

#4 - 7

#5 - 2

#6 - 2

Super Bowl wins:

#1 - 8

#2 - 5

#3 - 1

#4 - 3

#5 - 2

#6 - 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's a breakdown from 1999:

So basically the #1 seeds have gone to the most Super Bowls and won the most Super Bowls.  It's not rare to win a Super Bowl as a #1 seed since 1999.  It's the opposite of rare.

Super Bowl Appearances by seed:

#1 - 22

#2 - 10

#3 - 2

#4 - 7

#5 - 2

#6 - 2

Super Bowl wins:

#1 - 8

#2 - 5

#3 - 1

#4 - 3

#5 - 2

#6 - 2

Not to mention the 1 seed disparity will only grow over time, now that the 1 seed is the only team to get a bye.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Not to mention the 1 seed disparity will only grow over time, now that the 1 seed is the only team to get a bye.

So the field wins in appearances 23-22 and 13-8 in SB victories. That could change over time with only one bye week but I don’t think it will fall off a cliff. Playoff games are just that - a game not a series. I still think the field will win out vs 1 team 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

So the field wins in appearances 23-22 and 13-8 in SB victories. That could change over time with only one bye week but I don’t think it will fall off a cliff. Playoff games are just that - a game not a series. I still think the field will win out vs 1 team 

If you get the #5 or #6 seed…you’re guaranteed a Super Bowl win.  Lets just finish 10-7 and get our Super Bowl!

21 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Oh no doubt it cuts the other way too. Negativity or constructive criticism should always be bolstered by reasonable opinions and facts. Pure trolling or hatred for the Bills should be equally challenged and criticized. 

However, things here aren't equal. The negative posts here almost always get undue resistance. For example, look at this thread. It's premise is ridiculous yet most here don't challenge, question, or criticize it. What if I started a thread on how the Bills might lose out or lose most of their games? Another ridiculous thread that would get shredded to pieces and rightly so. See the point? I just wish the board was a little more realistic with a more balanced views or good and bad. I know the more popular view is to praise the Bills and be optimistic. I get it. 

You must not know football if you think this team is going to win out. It is outlandish and unrealistic to think the Bills win out. I'll stand by that statement all day everyday. 

How is it outlandish? 

Let's wager our accounts 

I have a few conditions on certain players getting injured that'd void my bet but I'm willing to wager my account of 11 years that they win out.

If you agree, I'll set some terms, as far as injuries to certain guys and week 18 being meaningless and we sit guys. So back up your words with action

Edit - just seen you joined in 2020. I'm not even going to engage with a bandwagon Bills fan on that level but if anyone has an account from 2017 or prior. I'm taking bets! 14-3 here we come 

Edited by JerseyBills

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

How is it outlandish? 

Let's wager our accounts 

I have a few conditions on certain players getting injured that'd void my bet but I'm willing to wager my account of 11 years that they win out.

If you agree, I'll set some terms, as far as injuries to certain guys and week 18 being meaningless and we sit guys. So back up your words with action

Edit - just seen you joined in 2020. I'm not even going to engage with a bandwagon Bills fan on that level but if anyone has an account from 2017 or prior. I'm taking bets! 14-3 here we come 

Obviously, you don't know how betting works Those conditions certainly change things. I mean you are hedging for sure. Bills will win out if ABC happens or doesn' t happen. That's not how the game works. Unknown variables are in play and when you make outlandish predictions you can disregard or modify the variables. That's exactly what you are doing. Either the Bills win out or they don't. Your modifications are absurd. I mean can I bet a game and say the bet only counts if QB/RB/WR or whoever doesn't get hurt? If it rains or snows too much disregard my bet. That's what you are doing. Nevertheless, the win out claims are so ridiculous I'll listen to your modifications. The Bills aren't winning out. In fact, I'm not sure they win tomorrow. 

• Eyeroll 1

18 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

That to me is the true value of the #1 seed.  You get a first round bye. Plenty of teams can win on the road, home field (outside of a few venues) isn't as advantageous as it used to be for a variety of reasons.   But, being 2 wins away from the Super Bowl is much better than needing to win 3.  

• Agree 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.