A loss against the Vikings will reshape the entire AFC landscape and playoff picture

FilthyBeast

30 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Can’t tell if serious or sarcasm. 

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I'd think one less chance for elimination and the ravenous home crowd, but what do I know?

If this team is unable to effectively pass the football they lose.  It's as simple as that. 

However ravenous the crowd may be, it's not going to stop balls from fluttering in the wind.

27 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If this team is unable to effectively pass the football they lose.  It's as simple as that. 

However ravenous the crowd may be, it's not going to stop balls from fluttering in the wind.

But...wouldn't both teams be playing in the same weather?  Balls would be fluttering for the opponents as well?  More so because their QB won't have Allen's howitzer of an arm.

Still not seeing the logic here.

After losing to the Jets and Dolphins in the way they did, I’m not sure you can just say the Bills will run the table even if Josh plays. Vikings have a solid run game and playmakers on offense. Without Josh, I don’t see the Bills winning. Cleveland won’t be an easy game, Detroit can score and the Pats play tough D and have a solid running game. This team has had way too many injuries and it’s having an impact. For all the draft picks and money invested in the DL, they’re not imposing their will. Additionally they continue to make way too many self inflicted mistakes. The loss to the Jets was almost identical to last years loss to the Jags. I was hoping we’ve learned but evidently we didn’t. Similar to how we let KC score a FG right before half again. 

The D has yet to really dominate this year. Heck even Pickett had 300 yards passing.

18 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

After losing to the Jets and Dolphins in the way they did, I’m not sure you can just say the Bills will run the table even if Josh plays. Vikings have a solid run game and playmakers on offense. Without Josh, I don’t see the Bills winning. Cleveland won’t be an easy game, Detroit can score and the Pats play tough D and have a solid running game. This team has had way too many injuries and it’s having an impact. For all the draft picks and money invested in the DL, they’re not imposing their will. Additionally they continue to make way too many self inflicted mistakes. The loss to the Jets was almost identical to last years loss to the Jags. I was hoping we’ve learned but evidently we didn’t. Similar to how we let KC score a FG right before half again. 

The D has yet to really dominate this year. Heck even Pickett had 300 yards passing.

I don’t think anyone is claiming they would run the table-not sure that’s would be said even if they beat the jets. It’s the amount of doom and gloom around this place that is ridiculous!

also, that’s a super weak argument WRT Pickett….38-3 and you still have something negative to say? Weak 

40 minutes ago, The Red King said:

But...wouldn't both teams be playing in the same weather?  Balls would be fluttering for the opponents as well?  More so because their QB won't have Allen's howitzer of an arm.

Still not seeing the logic here.

Other teams can commit to and run the football, the Bills - not so much.

• Agree 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:08 PM, Bimmer323i said:

I hope I’m wrong but from what I’ve seen of Keenum in a Bills uniform I have 0 faith in him to win us a game while 17 is healing up….

You are basing this on what? Preseason snaps with guys no longer in the NFL? 

He could be awful, he could be adequate, or he could be good. That's the story with just about every backup QB in the league.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He could be awful, he could be adequate, or he could be good. That's the story with just about every backup QB in the league.

Granted… there were times he didn’t good in the preseason.  But he did look the best when he was playing with the first team offense.  

Also, if you check out Keenum’s career numbers, including last season, they are pretty decent for a backup QB.  

With that being said, the Bills collectively are going to step up in just about every facet with Josh out.  They can’t afford to get behind on the scoreboard or to give up short fiends on bad turnovers.  

But I don’t think they are automatically screwed if Josh has to sit the next few weeks.  

Case Keenum as you short-term (hopefully) starting QB2 is probably among the best scenarios you could ask for

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Granted… there were times he didn’t good in the preseason.  But he did look the best when he was playing with the first team offense.  

Also, if you check out Keenum’s career numbers, including last season, they are pretty decent for a backup QB.  

With that being said, the Bills collectively are going to step up in just about every facet with Josh out.  They can’t afford to get behind on the scoreboard or to give up short fiends on bad turnovers.  

But I don’t think they are automatically screwed if Josh has to sit the next few weeks.  

Case Keenum as you short-term (hopefully) starting QB2 is probably among the best scenarios you could ask for

Agree. Supposedly we have a great defense when healthy. If Milano and White are back they should be able to keep Minn under 28. Hoping for a 27 24 Bills win. Will probably need some luck to pull it off if Keenum plays.

Would be nice to have an opposing kicker miss a FG or two as well....

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I would suggest best case scenario is for him to average out at .500 over his string of starts.

I think he'll play 2 games, loss against Vikings, maybe get a W against Cleveland...there's your .500 record and then Josh is ready to go again.

That's about right for most backups in this league.

They'll "win you one" but they'll also "lose you one."

• Vomit 1

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I would suggest best case scenario is for him to average out at .500 over his string of starts.

I think he'll play 2 games, loss against Vikings, maybe get a W against Cleveland...there's your .500 record and then Josh is ready to go again.

That's about right for most backups in this league.

They'll "win you one" but they'll also "lose you one."

To paraphrase a famous Ted Marchiabroda comment “A backup QB will win yiu 3 games and lose you 3 games.”  

Still, as Joe B. pointed out the Bills are one of the most complete teams in the league and while the drop off to Case is legit, you have to hope the offense can help pick him up

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

because we have around a 5% chance of winning at Arrowhead in the postseason.  Maybe less.

Stop. Just stop. It is simply not true. "but playoffs" is a two game sample size in which we had far more than a 5% chance to win one of the two so what are you even talking about?

Edited by What a Tuel

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.