A loss against the Vikings will reshape the entire AFC landscape and playoff picture

FilthyBeast

The immediate fallout and impact:

- Bills fall to 3rd place in the AFCE, Dolphins regain division lead (this of course assumes the obvious that they beat a bad Browns team at home)

- Bills fall to all the way to 6th or 7th spot in conference if Chargers win

- KC assumes sole possession of #1 seed (also assuming obvious outcome of facing a bad Jaguars team at home).

We'll find out a lot about this team with our without JA17, but if it's the latter I feel it will probably be a somewhat easy win for the Vikings since they will stack the box and force Keenan to beat them.

Just goes to show that nothing is guaranteed and it's probably a good thing all the superbowl noise has come to an abrupt halt.

Edited by FilthyBeast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I hope Allen doesn't plays so he can fully heal. I'm confident about Case Keenum. Defense and special teams will just have to carry the load while Keenum plays the game manager QB and just avoid stupid mistakes.  

I'd love to believe this but I really think this team is going to look like total trash (at least on offense) without JA17 which is not only a direct indictment on Beane and the front office, but shows that he is truly a legit MVP candidate that has carried this team thus far.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 2

The radically changed standings with a loss are certainly true enough.

There is a razor thin margin for error here!

I think the D is going to have to come up huge and really control the Vikings scoring.

Then hope and pray that Keenum can find his way to 13-17 points or something modest, but good enough to win.

Would love to see the D limit Minnesota scoring to 10 points...just to give us a fair shot.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I think the D is going to have to come up huge and really control the Vikings scoring.

Then hope and pray that Keenum can find his way to 13-17 points or something modest, but good enough to win.

Would love to see the D limit Minnesota scorings to 10 points...just to give us a fair shot.

Just like with the Jets, watch the Vikings offense explode and play their best game of the year against us.

They pretty much have already made public comments about how they still feel disrespected despite being 7-1 and see this game as a good barometer of who they really are.

They certainly aren't going to have any sympathy for the Bills if JA17 is out and will still treat this as playing an NFL heavyweight. Either way at this point not even sure if it's a win if Allen does suit up.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's a long season... 

IF we lost to go to 6-3 there are plenty of games left. I could see 12-5 in that scenario, or even 11-6 if Allen misses a few weeks. Either way, we get into the tournament. 

And end up on the road in KC. Again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's a long season... 

IF we lost to go to 6-3 there are plenty of games left. I could see 12-5 in that scenario, or even 11-6 if Allen misses a few weeks. Either way, we get into the tournament. 

I still see this team being in the playoffs as well barring a complete disaster, but what's it really going to matter if we are a WC team in a loaded AFC conference?

McD has proven he's not a true wartime playoff coach and there's a reason why he's 0-4 lifetime on the road in these games. There's also a reason the 90's Bills teams made 4 straight SB's and why KC also made 2 in recent years. Pretty sure that the Pats and Brady had home field throughout in the playoffs for all but 2 of their 9 SB trips as well, it's because playing at home matters and that's what this team needed this year for any real shot at a SB before the current window starts to close quickly.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'd love to believe this but I really think this team is going to look like total trash (at least on offense) without JA17 which is not only a direct indictment on Beane and the front office, but shows that he is truly a legit MVP candidate that has carried this team thus far.

Yeah, we suck. He sucks. They suck. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us. Goodness, I hope we can win another game this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Would love to see the D limit Minnesota scoring to 10 points...just to give us a fair shot.

Keenum did it last year twice with a crappy Browns team. He went 2-0 as a starter with a 95 qbr for those games. If he can put up similar numbers as we adjust down our offense,  the D will have to rise up.  We'll have to beat the Vikings kinda like the Jets beat us.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, we suck. He sucks. They suck. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us. Goodness, I hope we can win another game this year. 

No matter what the Beane cult worshippers believe, he whiffed big time on Saffold (and resigning Bates).

Also I get that Beasely is done and wanted out of Buffalo anyway, but idea that a proven failure like McKenzie and/or injury prone player like Crowder were going to magically pick up that production is short sighted at best.

Knox extension also very questionable at this point.

With all that said yes this team is still 6-2 and the top seed in the AFC for the moment, but one more loss and the luster and potential of this season starts to diminish exponentially as does the misguided belief that Beane is some kind of genius.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 2

53 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The immediate fallout and impact:

- Bills fall to 3rd place in the AFCE, Dolphins regain division lead (this of course assumes the obvious that they beat a bad Browns team at home)

- Bills fall to all the way to 6th or 7th spot in conference if Chargers win

- KC assumes sole possession of #1 seed (also assuming obvious outcome of facing a bad Jaguars team at home).

We'll find out a lot about this team with our without JA17, but if it's the latter I feel it will probably be a somewhat easy win for the Vikings since they will stack the box and force Keenan to beat them.

Just goes to show that nothing is guaranteed and it's probably a good thing all the superbowl noise has come to an abrupt halt.

The vikings have had the luxury of playing 3 other backup qb's this year and nothing about their wins have been easy...

.... this thread is much more your speed though. i knew your true nature would come back to us eventually.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

No matter what the Beane cult worshippers believe, he whiffed big time on Saffold (and resigning Bates).

Also I get that Beasely is done and wanted out of Buffalo anyway, but idea that a proven failure like McKenzie and/or injury prone player like Crowder were going to magically pick up that production is short sighted at best.

Knox extension also very questionable at this point.

With all that said yes this team is still 6-2 and the top seed in the AFC for the moment, but one more loss and the luster and potential of this season starts to diminish exponentially as does the misguided belief that Beane is some kind of genius.

I’m not deifying him as a GM, but it’s hard to ignore the fact that we are a leading contender for SB champs. Why does it have to be perfect or it sucks? We are far better than most, and I’m not looking for things to whine about. By your standards, you should probably be fired. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.