Vikings at Bills 2014

Buffalo03

There aren't that many Vikings at Bills games that are very memorable. So, this week for Vikings week, I found the game winning drive from Orton back in 2014. The thing I remember most about this drive was Orton hitting Scott Chandler on 4th and 20 to keep the drive alive and then hitting Chris Hogan again deep at the 1 to set up the game winner to Watkins with :02 left. The video is 13 minutes long and is fun to watch. If anyone was at this game or has any memories feel free to post and as always....Go Bills

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just four years ago, the Bills went into Minnesota as 17 point dogs and kicked the crap out of the Vikings ...

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24774007/buffalo-bills-shock-unbeaten-minnesota-vikings-pull-largest-nfl-upset-23-years

The Bills, who were winless entering Sunday's game in Minnesota, closed as consensus 17-point underdogs to the previously unbeaten Vikings. They are the 15th underdog of 17 or more points to win a game in the Super Bowl era and the largest underdog to pull off an upset since the Washington Redskins knocked off the Dallas Cowboys 24-17 as 17.5-point underdogs on Dec. 3, 1995.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just four years ago, the Bills went into Minnesota as 17 point dogs and kicked the crap out of the Vikings ...

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24774007/buffalo-bills-shock-unbeaten-minnesota-vikings-pull-largest-nfl-upset-23-years

The Bills, who were winless entering Sunday's game in Minnesota, closed as consensus 17-point underdogs to the previously unbeaten Vikings. They are the 15th underdog of 17 or more points to win a game in the Super Bowl era and the largest underdog to pull off an upset since the Washington Redskins knocked off the Dallas Cowboys 24-17 as 17.5-point underdogs on Dec. 3, 1995.

Yeah, but it has to be a Vikings at Bills game since we are playing in Buffalo this week. There are multiple games in Minnesota I would use if the game was in Minnesota 

• Like (+1) 1

I was at this game row 10 of the endzone where Sammy caught the TD.  You could see the moment he broke to the corner he had the TD as long as he caught as the CB got burned bad. Orton made a superb throw on that pass.

The game itself was maddening as the Bills allowed MIN to hang around wayyy too much and Bridgewater as a rookie flashed some real potential. I have always wonder how his career would've went if his knee never got busted as he look pretty good. By the way Scott Chandler made a huge catch on 4th down to keep the drive alive.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

There aren't that many Vikings at Bills games that are very memorable. So, this week for Vikings week, I found the game winning drive from Orton back in 2014. The thing I remember most about this drive was Orton hitting Scott Chandler on 4th and 20 to keep the drive alive and then hitting Chris Hogan again deep at the 1 to set up the game winner to Watkins with :02 left. The video is 13 minutes long and is fun to watch. If anyone was at this game or has any memories feel free to post and as always....Go Bills

I appreciated that feel good story on a not so feeling good week.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Nate Hackett at the height of his powers

390596_10150492353678454_718703261_n.jpg

I recall the Bills were a few points favored in the game and until that miraculous last drive it looked like it was gonna be a disappointing loss.

That last drive WAS exciting though 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeah and I still recall that infamous poster who claimed to lose 5k betting against the Bills that day 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I recall the Bills were a few points favored in the game and until that miraculous last drive it looked like it was gonna be a disappointing loss.

They turned the ball over three times in the Vikings redzone and had a few other drives fail midfield. Classic drought Bills offense.

1 hour ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

I was at a Bills VIkings game with my brother (who was a Vikings fan at the time) in 1982.  It was a night game and the Bills won 23-22 to go 2-0.  Unfortunately that was the strike year and the Bills didn't even make the playoffs.  That was the end of Chuck Knox era in Buffalo.  A real shame!

I was there too!  

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

That last drive WAS exciting though 

Yeah and I still recall that infamous poster who claimed to lose 5k betting against the Bills that day 

Still a rule at TBD, bet's gotta be at least $5000, or it doesn't count.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Thanks for the share. For a brief moment I deluded myself into thinking that Kyle Orton was our ticket back to respectability and a playoff berth…

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks for the share. For a brief moment I deluded myself into thinking that Kyle Orton was our ticket back to respectability and a playoff berth…

If Orton would’ve started the whole season I think he would’ve gotten that extra win to get us to the playoffs. 

I remember the Watkins TD and the 4th and 20 play but thats about it. I had gotten really smashed pregame that day.  It was a special occasion as a long time friend was in town and I was in rare form that day in Hammers lot. 

Upon arriving back to Rochester (had dd) that night the wife could tell i was obliterated and was pissed as we had dinner plans with some work freinds of hers that needed to be cancelled due to my state.  I had promised to keep it in check. She wouldnt talk to me for a while.  Finally as we were watching the 11 o'clock news she asked how the Bills did.  I said they crushed the Vikings.  Moments later the sports preview comes on and says "Bills win last second nail biter" or something like that.  She went straight to bed without another word leaving my dumb ass on the couch.

Edited by Bills fan since 87
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Orton did have some moments of quality throughout his stint here and at least made winning possible unlike EJ who was painful to watch. But his heart was never really in it being here. Still it was so close to the drought ending if not for that Raiders game.

7 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

That 2002 game was wild!

Yes it was. I remember it very well

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I did also lol. We were starving for a QB so bad 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.