It Just FEELS as Though Buffalo Lost A Lot more Than the Game Yesterday

BuffaloBaumer

the Jets apparently had an amazing week of practice leading up to the game yesterday. They responded to an embarrassing loss the week before, and we need the same thing this week, I don’t care if it’s an NFC game. It’s a 6-1 team and we need this to get back on track, avoid a 2 game losing streak and get our confidence back because suddenly the rest of our schedule looks just as tough as how it started.

• Like (+1) 1

Feels like last year.

Bills beat Chiefs in Arrowhead, you have a game lead.

Feels like the Jags.

Watching KC survive last night and pull even.

And with the Bills these strange lulls/problems just pop up.

You go from an offense that can score 30+, to an offense that has no rhythm.

Allen goes from a wizard, orchestrating a last second throw to Knox, to now throwing rookie like interceptions again. 

Nobody besides Diggs is doing anything offensively. 2022 Gabe is a 2/3 no show, McKenzie is just too limited, too small, our Coaching staff continues to bury Kahlil Shakir.

Singletary runs for 80 yards one game, then we say we can’t run the ball at all and give him 8 carries the next week in a one possession game.

Allen played like Zach Wilson yesterday. They were in his head. He bailed out of every pocket, looking for miracle plays. And what bothers me is, two weeks in a row, he’s under throwing several passes a game. 

Greg Cosell has said a run game settles your offense, and this towns media is allergic to any notion that you can pass 40 times a game and run 20-25 times a game.

With this team, they are just fragile and prone to unexplained lapses where they forget how to play football. 

Meanwhile, Mahomes literally got 10 yards help rushing last night and they found a way. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok cool. Good thing the No 1 seed (which we still are by the way). Doesn’t keep you out of the playoffs. 

And to be honest. I don’t know if I want it after watching how Flat McDs teams have been after byes. 

So then he will be fine. As his Dime at the end of the game showed. Especially with how cautious this coaching staff is with Injuries. If there was anything major there he would have been off the field. 

I actually do not disagree with thinking twice about the 1 seed based on how we look coming out of the bye, it’s a valid point, unfortunately, but

i also don’t want to be playing another playoff game in Arrowhead 

1 hour ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

I agree. Yesterday in a post I just wrote, "I'm sad," and this is really why. As someone who lived through the four Super Bowl losses my main driver in being a fan now is to finally see a team get over the hump. And it feels like my history as a Bills fan has been one of feeling stupid for actually having hope and believing in the team.

I really didn't think I would ever feel that way with this team with Josh Allen under center. And yet 0-2 in the division has me worried.

I know the season is long. And I know that this will all just make for part of a great story if we end up winning the championship.

But for the moment I feel that I've (potentially) been disillusioned regarding this team. That my belief was ill-founded and like I'm being forced to consider the possibility that this team to is somehow just another pretender. 

Caring about the Bills has been been a big unnecessary pain in my life. It hurts more than liking a sports team should.

Let's see how they respond.

Yesterday felt like a drought game for sure. The opponent making the right halftime adjustments, us sticking to our guns, waiting for our QB to seal the deal but instead throwing mystery picks, the D who carried us all game getting gassed from being out there all day falling behind and watching the game slip away. Back when field goal deficits were insurmountable. Vintage Fitzpatrick/Tyrod years. 

Edited by benderbender
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Not since the Super Bowl year vs the Giants did have the feeling that Buffalo was the best team in the league, and it wasn't even close. Besides losing to an also injury depleted Jets team, most likely the #1 seed, as well a nice cushion in the division, the aura of this team since to have slipped away as well. I am not saying the attitudes of the players have changed, I am talking about people I know. Yes, Bills fans can overreact a ton after a loss, but this one feels different.

For me, I am terrified that our invincible QB has gone back to his old ways and that is a pretty scary thought. For the last 2 years, I suppose I never thought that Allen would be the reason we ever lost a game (especially one like yesterday). Although Mahomes is not always perfect, he is never the reason the Chiefs lose a game here or there. Keeping the 1 seed is a distance 2nd place in my list of concerns when compared to how Allen responds the rest of the season. In a nutshell, it just sucks when the Bills vibe is sucked dry on a Monday and today it just seems as though everything has changed moving forward. The Vikings game can't get here soon enough to prove me wrong...

During the glory years, I never felt the Bills were the best team. The 49ers were still looming large. Bills vs Giants was close in the early season. The skins the next year were a juggernaut. Then we had Dallas rise.

For sure we were top 3 but not clear cut best. AFC was seen as very weak back then.

I just want to encourage folks to go back and watch those old games. We ran so many screen passes and intermediate passes to RB. Not just thurm either, Harmon, Davis, etc...

It was a huge fallacy that team was a big huck it deep down field passing team. They were very balanced...and when weather got bad, they knew to run and screen.

This is the missing link once more in our offense. We really got this going in December last year too....not sure why we are not screening.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

You sound kind and well-adjusted! 

I wish I could feel like you.

You are certainly right.

A lot of people, perhaps immaturely, are looking for the Bills to heal the wound they made in our sports psyche. 

It feels funny saying all of this out loud, but sometimes the truth ain't pretty. 😆

Not really no.  I was miserable all night and this morning.  I try and work through it and stick with the adage that which does not kill you only makes you stronger.  It hopefully applies to the Bills too!!!

• Like (+1) 1

i'm of the group that thinks this is a slump.  it happens, and you just don't want to destroy yourself while processing through.  as long as this team is ready to go for the playoffs, i'm happy.  i'd rather have this slump happen now vs 4-6 games from now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Not really no.  I was miserable all night and this morning.  I try and work through it and stick with the adage that which does not kill you only makes you stronger.  It hopefully applies to the Bills too!!!

I've often wondered about the "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" aspect of being a Bills fan.  But I also think what will end up killing me is all of those years of things that didn't kill me...finally piling up.  I hate football.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm of the group that thinks this is a slump.  it happens, and you just don't want to destroy yourself while processing through.  as long as this team is ready to go for the playoffs, i'm happy.  i'd rather have this slump happen now vs 4-6 games from now.

Well we have been pregnant for 63 years! Show us the baby! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Nah.  Josh having a slump. People over estimate the ability plug in backup guys into a D and stay the same level.  Clearly there is a drop off.   Both will recover.  

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

The most terrifying thought is maybe this is what Allen is supposed to be.  The last two years where he put up incredible MVP numbers was a fluke. He finally landed to Earth in the 2nd half of the Green Bay game. If this continues against the Vikings, it will be a miracle to get the #1 seed.

So the past two years are the fluke. Not the past 2 games.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.