The "non-interception" by Edmunds

Bermuda Triangle

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I would have hoped that my 6'5" Pro Bowl linebacker wouldn't get out muscled for a ball he possessed on the ground.

Tremaine didn't get outmuscled, he juggled it and gained possession just before hitting the ground and Jets TE basically put his hands in there.

As to challenging, I doubt it would have been overturned although drfinitely think it was a pick.  Never seen a  simultaneous catch overruled.  One angle showed Jets TE no longer touching the ball, but our luck they would have ruled that Tremaine still didn't have possession.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I thought it was an INT but I also thought challenging it was pointless as the evidence to overturn the call was not clear. Edmunds needed to fight for the ball better like a basketball player trying to get the loose ball. 

Similar play to when Kroft caught a ball and it was ruled an INT in the Rams game in 2020

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Similar play to when Kroft caught a ball and it was ruled an INT in the Rams game in 2020

I disagree. That play against the Rams was far worse. Kroft caught the pass and was the sole one to possess the ball on his way to the ground before the defender stuck his hands in there. That Jets player never had sole possession. He probably had less than half a possession on his way to the ground, but credit him for not giving up on the ball. 

both the sneak and the INT were worth a challenge.  Would think someone upstairs would be in his ear. Wilson was clearly short on the sneak and Jets would have punted from their 34 with 6 minutes left in the half.  Instead, no, challenge was taken and Jets went down and scored with 32 seconds left.

Coaching, along with mostly everything else today really sucked.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Tremaine didn't get outmuscled, he juggled it and gained possession just before hitting the ground and Jets TE basically put his hands in there.

As to challenging, I doubt it would have been overturned although drfinitely think it was a pick.  Never seen a  simultaneous catch overruled.  One angle showed Jets TE no longer touching the ball, but our luck they would have ruled that Tremaine still didn't have possession.

I thought simultaneous catch was a judgement call and therefore not reviewable. 

I'm not entirely sure if that was the ruling on the field or not

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's exactly what I thought of. There has never been another example of one team clearly controlling the ball and the refs giving the ball to the other team. And then it happened AGAIN tonight. This ***** just doesn't happen to anyone else except the Bills. Referees are dog ***** with an agenda.

Qb sneak would never get overturned - those calls never do. 

The int should have been challenged. I saw an angle that shows TE with ball in his right arm and the receiver is pulling on his left arm as they went to the ground. Should have been an int and down by contract.

Pivotal play in the game.  We’re on to Minnesota. 

McDermott has one of the worst challenge records in NFL history.  6 for 24 in his 6 seasons, as of a couple years ago only Lebeau and Reeves were worse. If you are scratching your head why we didn't challenge, that's why. 

Camera angle showed clear possession. Where Edmunds controlled the ball and Uzmah didn't have a single finger on it. He tried grabbing it after Edmunds fell to the ground. 

20221106_204555.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

There was eventually, but do you really trust an official to see it the way you do and overturn his teammate's call?

Enough to risk losing one of your second half timeouts, which we ultimately needed to even have a chance to win?

That one was close enough that I write it off and move on to the next play.

This. And the Bills ended up getting the ball back, anyway.

This reminded me of the jump ball that was ruled an INT against the Bills a couple years ago. It was the opposite and the Bills were on the wrong side both times. 😑

Stop crying the refs screwed us. Refs didn't complete 53% passes for 2 INTs & 0 TDs, or avg 3 & 3.8 yds a carry from RBs or give up 174 yards running on D. or give up a 1st down on a fake punt or muff a kickoff out of bounds or QB sneak instead of pass to set up a 55 yd FG or miss that FG. Bills did that ALL on their own. They did not play well enough to win period. 

Scary part is this is the same issues we had in the 2nd half of GB, with different refs. So we keep blaming the refs instead of looking in the mirror & fixing this & we'll be sitting here looking for things to blame the refs about next week when the Vikings beat us.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

McDermott has one of the worst challenge records in NFL history.  6 for 24 in his 6 seasons, as of a couple years ago only Lebeau and Reeves were worse. If you are scratching your head why we didn't challenge, that's why. 

Camera angle showed clear possession. Where Edmunds controlled the ball and Uzmah didn't have a single finger on it. He tried grabbing it after Edmunds fell to the ground. 

20221106_204555.jpg

He’s clutching it with his wrist/forearm against his shoulder.  And the ball was moving slightly when he went to the ground.  Not a catch going to the ground. Had to come out of pile with it.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s clutching it with his wrist/forearm against his shoulder.  And the ball was moving slightly when he went to the ground.  Not a catch going to the ground. Had to come out of pile with it.  

It wasn't moving it was secure.  I have it on my TV screen right now. Can't find it online. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

20221106_204555.jpg

thank you.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Edmunds had the ball secured going all the way to the ground. Uzomah never even had partial possession of the ball from the moment it got knocked out of his hands. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.