Josh Allen's waning confidence and mental yips

Estro

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

He  misses Dabol. Seems like they didn't keep anything from previous seasons. No motion, misdirection plays...Drops back to pass, looks for Diggs then leaves the pocket and scrambles. I think Dorsey is a big part of the problem. No imagination in the play calling. Why is Knox not being thrown to at all?

Very good points.  

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

He  misses Dabol. Seems like they didn't keep anything from previous seasons. No motion, misdirection plays...Drops back to pass, looks for Diggs then leaves the pocket and scrambles. I think Dorsey is a big part of the problem. No imagination in the play calling. Why is Knox not being thrown to at all?

I fear its our receivers not getting open.  And Knox at this point is a overpaid contract

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

We're 6-2. Do you think we're gonna lose 9 straight?

Probably not 9 straight. They may lose a few in a row with the way Josh is playing right now, though. That could very well be enough to affect their playoff seeding greatly. In a season like this that’s really all that matters. The AFCE looks tougher than it did after last season. After another division loss and staring at a 7-1 Vikings team , the feeling is their season is at a crossroads. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Probably not 9 straight. They may lose a few in a row with the way Josh is playing right now, though. That could very well be enough to affect their playoff seeding greatly. In a season like this that’s really all that matters. The AFCE looks tougher than it did after last season. After another division loss and staring at a 7-1 Vikings team , the feeling is their season is at a crossroads. 

There's no way we miss the playoffs. We might not get to a Super Bowl but we aren't missing the playoffs 

This is a bit tongue and cheek but there may be some truth in it.  The girl friend needs to stop traveling to games with Josh and withhold sex during the season.   Boxers have done this for generations.  No more fun Halloween like parties with the GF.   Josh needs complete focus on the game with no outside distractions.  He needs to be hungry, edgy and with a touch of controlled anger.  No more hangdog post lost interviews where he blames himself.   But what do I know...nothing but its fun to speculate

Edited by Coldfronts
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I think Allen has got to a point where things have been so easy for him for so long that he kind of has brought this on himself. He doesn't make adjustments when the OLine isn't doing as well, he still wants to push the ball downfield and thinks he can just run around and make up for it.

We needed the Rams game Josh Allen today and he wanted to be the Steelers game Josh Allen.

Dorsey should step in.

1 hour ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I fear its our receivers not getting open.  And Knox at this point is a overpaid contract

Knox?  How many times was he targeted? How many did he drop?

I can't blame her directly but I think the message is focus on football here.  Limit the celebrity and public appearances.  Cut way back on social media.  Nobody needs to know what you're thinking and what you're doing.  As you're play on the field opens the door to all these commercial opportunities they can disappear just as fast if you don't put up points and clean up the offense.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I was one of Allen’s biggest critics during the draft. It wasn’t so much about him but that prototype (all the tools, not a ton of production). But I have never been more confident in a Bills qb. I genuinely was shocked he didn’t lead us down to win the game. I think we just have to accept once or twice a year, Allen will have these games. He cares so much and wants to win on every play. I absolutely love how he owned how he played. We are fine.

11 minutes ago, Coldfronts said:

This is a bit tongue and cheek but there may be some truth in it.  The girl friend needs to stop traveling to games with Josh and withhold sex during the season.   Boxers have done this for generations.  No more fun Halloween like parties with the GF.   Josh needs complete focus on the game with no outside distractions.  He needs to be hungry, edgy and with a touch of controlled anger.  No more hangdog post lost interviews where he blames himself.   But what do I know...nothing but its fun to speculate

At least this part is valid…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was one of Allen’s biggest critics during the draft. It wasn’t so much about him but that prototype (all the tools, not a ton of production). But I have never been more confident in a Bills qb. I genuinely was shocked he didn’t lead us down to win the game. I think we just have to accept once or twice a year, Allen will have these games. He cares so much and wants to win on every play. I absolutely love how he owned how he played. We are fine.

Yeah I am not worried long term, it's just frustrating that he has learned that sometimes checking the ball down all game and taking a few shots when you have the chance is the best thing for the offense.

I think the first play of the game where he hit Diggs for like 40 yards probably was the worst thing that could have happened because it put him into attack mode downfield and he never came out of it.

I think Josh's focus is off. 

He famous, he's doing commercials and interviews, his phone his ringing off the hook. Enough to divert focus from the little things

Josh needs to quiet the life outside of football and get back to purely focusing on football IMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.