Is it time to consider another kicker?

SydneyBillsFan

In both our losses this year (both by 3 or less), Bass has missed some gettable field goals. There was zero wind today, and the miss against Miami was from 30-odd yards if I recall correctly. There were also a few close games last year where he missed field goals.

It just seems to me that he is a factor in all our close losses. Kicking field goals and PAT's in blow outs is not that critical. 

We need a kicker to be good in the close ones.

Not calling for his head, and the loss today is not necessarily on him but I am concerned as I think this is becoming a pattern.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

• SydneyBillsFan changed the title to Is it time to consider another kicker?
2 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

In both our losses this year (both by 3 or less), Bass has missed some gettable field goals. There was zero wind today, and the miss against Miami was from 30-odd yards if I recall correctly. There were also a few close games last year where he missed field goals.

It just seems to me that he is a factor in all our close losses. Kicking field goals and PAT's in blow outs is not that critical. 

Not calling for his head, and the loss today is not necessarily on him but I am concerned as I think this is becoming a pattern.

Sure… who do you have in mind?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

55-yarder is no gimme.

More bothered by the kick out of bounds— his second of the year.  I think they have him really try to sky those and place them in a precise spot— juice may not be worth the squeeze.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8

8 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Why try to blame everything else when the answer is right in front of your face?

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

55-yarder is no gimme.

More bothered by the kick out of bounds— his second of the year.  I think they have him really try to sky those and place them in a precise spot— juice may not be worth the squeeze.

Agree.  Thankfully the defense bailed him out on the kick out of bounds.  

16 minutes ago, yall said:

Yeah, 55 yards is "gettable" but at that distance it's probably less than 50/50.

Don't throw stupid picks, stop the run and you don't need to hope someone hits a long ball to tie the game.

Yeah allowing them to run the ball down the field from their own 4 yard line is inexcusable 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.