Can we talk about how 2 teams in a row ran it down our throat...

Hebert19

5 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Man we are getting overpowered in the nickel every year and these coaches sit back like adding a LBer for extra help will kill our defense. 

This is a yearly thing for the Bills. When the O struggles teams are content just pounding the rock on us. I

That’s true for any great QB…running the ball keeps them off the field.  

It’s just good offensive game planning. The Bills like to play nickel the vast majority of the time and almost never blitz. So the offense goes heavy and forces the D out of their comfort zone. They either need to sub out of their base defense, blitz, or take their lumps. None are desirable with the current personnel.

To be fair to the Jets also, before Hall got hurt, they were running on everybody. 

They aquire Robinson and in his 2nd gm he gets going. I think their OL deserves a ton of credit and they're just a great running team. 

Regardless it comes down to TO's . You can't have red zone to's and expect to win many gms in this league

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Man we are getting overpowered in the nickel every year and these coaches sit back like adding a LBer for extra help will kill our defense. 

I think you have to identify that not having the extra linebacker is the problem before you can decide it is the solution. Have there been times when maybe it would have been? Possibly. But it wasn't last week and I am not sure it was yesterday without having access yet to the all22. 

I can somewhat understand the GB game as the Bills didn't want Rodgers to beat them but yesterday come on. That last Jets drive where they started at the own 4 and marched right down the field and they had many good runs in this game. I understand injuries play a factor but everybody has to deal with injuries so you can't use that as an excuse. These last two weeks reminded me of last year when the Bills defense would get whipped at the LOS. Frazier better figure something out and quick. Minnesota will not be a pushover although I do think they are a paper tiger 7-1 as they really haven't beaten anybody. 

Edited by Greg S
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I can somewhat understand the GB game as the Bills didn't want Rodgers to beat them but yesterday come on. That last Jets drive where they started at the own 4 and marched right down the field and they had many good runs in this game. I understand injuries play a factor but everybody has to deal with injuries so you can't use that as an excuse. These last two weeks reminded me of last year when the Bills defense would get whipped at the LOS. Frazier better figure something out and quick. Minnesota will not be a pushover although I do think they are a paper tiger 7-1 as they really haven't beaten anybody. 

They beat Miami, in Miami. We couldn’t.

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

And proceeded to score running the ball, and yes 75 passing yards on quick passes like I stated. Grind the clock running the ball and quick 1st read passes for wilson, no progressions just get it out quick and eat up the clock with running. I guess we disagree on what's considered "goes up early" but i see what you mean 14-3 can be considered up early in some games but I didn't feel like the momentum for either team was that the Bills were up early and I don't think for a second today the jets felt like they were down and had to abandon their game plan and ask wilson to read coverages and make big plays with his arm.

Huh?

1 minute ago, DD4Bills said:

Pretty sure he meant Vikings, not Jets. Vikings beat Miami in Miami.

That's right. For some reason I was thinking Jets. I am not expecting an easy game ( I never do) but the Bills should win here. They are home coming off a loss and Minnesota is playing a 2nd straight road game. They just got by Washington. In OP I would be surprised/disappointed if the Bills aren't 7-2 next Sunday around 4:00

It's called being undersized/outmuscled in the front 6, combined with poor tackling.  Being in nickle doesn't bother me, Taron is a physical player.

Gap integrity also fell apart that last drive.  At some point, it would be nice to line up in a 5 man front or blitz Bernard (this is something he's instinctive and good at), but we blitzed our safeties instead (Hamlin good, but JJ missed alot).

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It was on full display last night. The Chiefs took away Henry and forced Willis to beat them. He couldn’t. The Bills refused to do the same against Zach Wilson, apparently believing he was Brady or Rodgers. Mind boggling! 

The chiefs did not take away henry. If you are referring to the end of the game, the clock took henry away.

They pulled some mahomes bs magic out of their butts along with some bad officiating to pull out the win. 

17 carries 115 yards 2 tds 6.8 yards per carry.

Just now, What a Tuel said:

The chiefs did not take away henry. If you are referring to the end of the game, the clock took henry away.

They pulled some mahomes bs magic out of their butts along with some bad officiating to pull out the win. 

17 carries 115 yards 2 tds 6.8 yards per carry.

I’m referring to the entire second half. But thanks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.