Can we talk about how 2 teams in a row ran it down our throat...

Hebert19

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Milano and Poyer out is the biggest factor in the run defense.  Still, it would be good to see some other formations such as 3 LBs in there occasionally, especially against a QB like the one we played today.  

If I’m Beane, I’m literally walking into the coaches room with McD and Frazier and saying WHAT DO YOU NEED!?

“Help me, help you…”

“Im sorry the 9 man DL rotation headlined by Von Miller, $13M MLB, top 5 slot corner and RD1 CB wasn’t enough … clearly I’ve failed you by not signing an elite 4th Safety and only a RD3 LB as depth.”

25 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Two reasons, Bills rookies suck and their scheme sucks. 

Ok, but why?  Why are other rookies excelling and ours are meh?

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If I’m Beane, I’m literally walking into the coaches room with McD and Frazier and saying WHAT DO YOU NEED!?

“Help me, help you…”

“Im sorry the 9 man DL rotation headlined by Von Miller, $13M MLB, top 5 slot corner and RD1 CB wasn’t enough … clearly I’ve failed you by not signing an elite 4th Safety and only a RD3 LB as depth.”

You and I both already know that the Bills are gonna pick a safety in round 1 next draft. Book it. 

• Agree 1

Lots of pain after a loss.  

Milano & Poyer out was the biggest problem with the defense today.  A defense already missing Tre and Hyde.   We finally showed a crack in the armor.

There were so many things wrong with the Bills play on both sides of the ball today that it is not all on the offense or all on the defense.  

The Jets played better today.  The Jets had made more plays and less mistakes.  Things went their way too.  

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Literally anyone who can tackle?

T.Johnson is an excellent tackler for his size but he’s not going to be too successful with trying to fight off blocks and making tackles on runners play after play.   The absence of Milano, Poyer and Hyde really showed in this game.  Also, what’s happened to the D-Line?

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Rookie corners 

2 new safeties 

No Milano 

A rookie LB started for him

Rousseau hurt in 1st half.  

Im stunned we only allowed 20

Their kicker made his 50 yarder. 

This game was going to be a slog.  Allen played bad and we lost.  

There will not be a running game to bail us out when he’s bad.

Because the RBs are average and the online is very average.   

Add to that, wasn't Miller on injury report with ankle injury?  Maybe it was affecting him out there as didn't se much of him today other than one play.  worst overall game for D line it seemed.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Lots of pain after a loss.  

Milano & Poyer out was the biggest problem with the defense today.  A defense already missing Tre and Hyde.   We finally showed a crack in the armor.

There were so many things wrong with the Bills play on both sides of the ball today that it is not all on the offense or all on the defense.  

The Jets played better today.  The Jets had made more plays and less mistakes.  Things went their way too.  

I would argue our Defense was in worse shape personnel wise when we beat KC.  I blame the D coaching for what we saw today on that side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Miller was the invisible man late in the game

They were almost exclusively running the ball late.  What is he supposed to do?

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Add to that, wasn't Miller on injury report with ankle injury?  Maybe it was affecting him out there as didn't se much of him today other than one play.  worst overall game for D line it seemed.

The Jets were committed to the run and Frazier was committed to the Nickel.  Not a good matchup.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

Edmunds is regressing

Milano and Poyer were out

Bernard should never have been drafted. He's tiny and not fast

Bills overusing roster spots on special teams guys cuts down on young LBs to develop

None of this matters if our MVP QB doesn't play his worst game in three years.  Two red-zone INT's is inexcusable at his level.  The Jets dropped a third INT. They were not tipped balls. They were just awful throws.  But you need not overthink this.  Josh is playing poorly and has really been careless with the football all year.  He makes up for it by making run and pass plays all over the field.  It's hard to tell him not to throw back across the filed when he has done it many times for big gains or scores.  He just needs to be a bit more careful with the ball.  

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

And we didn't change personnel at all?   Jets went what.  90 yards without throwing the ball.  Green Bay just ran us over in second half.   I mean it's Wilson.  We shouldn't be afraid to leave nickel. 

No, we can’t talk about it.  I brought it up after the GB games and was sent to my room by many posters here.

The Run D and the play of the defensive line has been terrible.  Whatever the opposite of “stout” is.

• Like (+1) 2

Well, it seems that the temperature is that we can blame injuries on a blown season rather than coaching.  Even though other teams have injuries too.  Who was that guy that was a star on the Jets that didn't play???  Hall or something like that?  Oh, and how many Jets players were in and out of the game all day due to injuries??  I guess injuries only affect the Bills.  Think I'm going to change my screen name to "Frazier's Nickel".

4 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

The game is about Josh Allen being bad.  Teams running the ball like that is not a sustainable way to win games.  This team shouldn’t lose games only giving up 20 points.  

Disagree.  Sure Allen played poorly with two bad INT's but he also sparked the O with some big time runs.  The Bills O faced a very good D today.  We would have needed Allen's A game today and instead we got his C game. 

The issue with the Bills D is that they played poorly at critical points in the game.  It's not just the points given up but the failure to make stops at key times.  The Jet drives after the Bills went up 14 - 3; at the start of the 3rd quarter and after the Bills pinned them inside their own 5 yard line were killers. 

Sometimes you have to win a low scoring game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Taron is better than the 3rd linebacker?  Throwing ***** at a wall here.

Doesn't speak very highly of our LB corps if that's actually true. 😂 

Third linebacker, extra lineman, whatever.  It's like hey Frazier, do something besides standing there like a statue as they make it look like our defense is standing still.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Doesn't speak very highly of our LB corps if that's actually true. 😂 

Third linebacker, extra lineman, whatever.  It's like hey Frazier, do something besides stand there like a statue as they make it look like our defense is standing still.

Did it look like the DTs were constantly blow off the ball in 1on1s?  The early season game film highlights was all about how they were forcing double teams and the linebackers were flowing to stop the run.  Something very different happened today.

4 hours ago, 97bills said:

Edmunds has shown over and over he’s no help in stopping the run. 

Edmunds is playing solid football. 
We brought in big guys and beeefed up the dline to stop the run and it has paid off. Now teams are bringing in extra guys to help with the blocking and it’s working. 

Blame the coaching staff for sticking with the nickel. We are overmatched and easily overpowered in these situations. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Did it look like the DTs were constantly blow off the ball in 1on1s?  The early season game film highlights was all about how they were forcing double teams and the linebackers were flowing to stop the run.  Something very different happened today.

I swear it seems like we're playing with a different D-line than we were at the start of the season.  Not getting the same pressure in the pass rush and getting pushed around against the run.  I really don't get it.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.