Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

To Clarify. The Bills will not be winning the Super Bowl with Case Kennum playing QB. We could add Aarron Donald and Derrick Henry to the team and we still would not win with Case Keenum.  

He could skate through some of these games with them. I didn't expect Frank Reich to win us a Super Bowl either. Josh could've used them against Jets too. 

Queue up more of the quicker routes and the screen plays. Then commit to having more balance with the rush attempts that we have watched dwindle over the past few games with a preference towards forcing it downfield into those 2-deep looks.

Allen should be fine if he leans a bit more on the rest of his offensive weapons and they spread this out a bit better with their play selections.

Needed to happen any way to draw more defenders into the box and put some teeth into their play-action so Allen can get more of those intermediate or deeper singe-coverage match-ups that usually favor our receivers.

If the Bills pull off that offensive game plan, STOP turning it over, and plug those outside runs they have been giving up on D they turn this thing around.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

They won't win a Super Bowl without Josh. They can win a regular season game at home with Keenum.

They can't win with Keenum by putting the weight on his shoulders.  Keenum can't hurdle players, can't outrun LBs, can't throw 70 yd lasers, can't juke DBs. Keenum can't outplay Cousins. Keenum will need assistance!! 

6 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

What's that handsome sumbitch up to these days?

Unfortunately not taking 1st team reps for the Bills this week...

The internets say he runs his own fashion line and is married to the daughter of legendary NFL coach Bud Grant.

Also, presumably, causing women (and certain fellas) to faint wherever he goes.

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

They can't win with Keenum by putting the weight on his shoulders.  Keenum can't hurdle players, can't outrun LBs, can't throw 70 yd lasers, can't juke DBs. Keenum can't outplay Cousins. Keenum will need assistance!! 

Absolutely. The entire team will have to step up. Defense needs to bring its "A" game. The Bills need a strong performance running the ball with Singletary. Minnesota barely beat Washington last week. This is a second straight road game for them. The Vikings are good, but they are very beatable.

32 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes, I understand this. What's annoying is ppl thinking rest will heal the ligament.

You seem kinda pissy today.

It will to a degree...although ligaments and tendons heal far slower than muscles due to much less blood flow to those areas.

But you are right in that it likely remains more likely to be injured:

https://research.cornell.edu/news-features/tendons-injuries-and-healing

"Once a tendon is injured, it almost never fully recovers,” says Nelly Andarawis-Puri, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. “You’re likely more prone to injury forever. Tendons are very soft tissues that regularly transmit very large forces to allow us to achieve basic motion. They insert into stiff bone, which is a huge property mismatch. That interface is very complex.”

Andarawis-Puri studies tendon injuries in an attempt to understand how wear and tear develops in the tendon and how to successfully heal the damage. “It’s a very real problem. Thirty percent of all people will have a tendon injury, and the risk is higher in women,” she says.

Edited by Big Turk

16 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I don't disagree with this, they definitely can't put it all on Keenum.  But we can win this game with Keenum.  The key to this game will be ball control.  The defense is going to need to get healthy as it can this week.  Hopefully Poyer and Milano are back, seems like Groot is likely out.  And if we can get Tre active for this game that would be great too, although not sure how well he will play in his first game back.  

But the D needs to limit the Vikings offense so Keenum and the offense can focus on ball control and moving the chains.  We won't be getting the chunk yardage we get with Allen.  We can't have regular 3rd and longs and expect to pick them up like we do with Allen.  I would love to see us utilizing multiple RB's in the passing game, Knox and Shakir on al lthe underneath stuff.  Just keep moving the chains.  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What makes you think him playing really risks a complete tear that much?  From what I understand the injury happened because of the really awkward way his hand was held at the back of his throwing motion and it injured a part of the elbow that would affect baseball pitchers more than QBs.  And it seems if he's using different muscles and parts of his elbow while throwing there's not much risk of making the injury worse unless he gets hit in the exact same way, which is why you lean a little more on the run game, quick passes, and rolling pockets.

I wouldn't say "he's 100% playing," but I think the evidence suggests he's a lot more likely to play than not.  I don't understand the thought process of people like you who believe he's 100% not playing.

47 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes, I understand this. What's annoying is ppl thinking rest will heal the ligament.

You seem kinda pissy today.

I'm fine with resting Allen. Get that body and mind of his healed up for the next winning streak. Stronger arms, legs, elbows, and mindset. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m not even gonna bother asking about White.  Maybe he’ll be mentally ready to get out there by the road playoff game at KC.  

We need to stop this "Tre is afraid to play" narrative B___S___ right now.

• Like (+1) 2

I was concerned about Keenum as the backup this year, and nothing has happened to change that. I’d feel much better with Trubisky. I think I just saw too much Keenum with the Broncos. It wasn’t pretty. He’s a standard issue veteran backup, but this team is extremely Allen-centric, and while Trubisky can kind of pull off the Homeless Man’s Josh (can run a little, throw on the run, etc), Keenum just can’t. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.