Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

My prediction...

[**Note: I have zero inside info, I am not a medical professional, and this is strictly my uninformed, amateur opinion, based on the information I've read and the history of UCL injuries in quarterbacks. Take it with an entire  shaker of salt**]

...is as follows:

Josh indeed has a UCL injury, which will be treated non-operatively. Given his importance to the Bills this season and long term, the team will opt to be cautious with the injury, even though Josh will want to play through the pain. He will be called "week to week" by McDermott and declared out for Sunday. The timetable for his recovery will be 2-5 weeks, leading to breathless "Josh Allen watch" threads and Twitter vigils every day. Ultimately, he'll wind up missing 3 games. The Bills will go 1-2, and Josh will return December 1st against the Patriots to a 7-4 Bills team in need of a victory to remain tied for the division lead with Miami.

Here's hoping I'm totally wrong and Josh is fine and plays this week. 

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If Keenum has to play the next 2 weeks, both games are against his former teams, in his (now) home stadium.  Kind of compelling.

Definitely an opportunity to work on the run game. Because it isn’t going to come from the quarterback.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Hearing out 2-3 weeks wont need surgery but strained UCL. Cant confirm yet unfortunately. Take it with a grain of salt...

Would make sense if it's a minor strain, given the Bills cautious nature.  

Would probably mean he could play Sunday if it was a Playoff Game, but will be held out until he has no lingering issues... which would be around 2-3 weeks. 

Shefty is saying that Bills sources are telling him that it’s not as serious as 2018 that means he’s a grade 1.

It is an excellent sign he’s doing Kyle Brants show today and that the point spread is backup at -6.5….Vegas knows things before many of us know things. 
So I’m guessing he’s going to be ruled week to week 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

There is no way he would not force himself into the lineup if there was no danger of structural damage from throwing.

If it's pain management only, sure...   If there's any chance at all he could make it worse, Bills have to save him from himself and force him to sit a couple games until he's fully healed.  

I honestly don't know if it's an injury that can worsen without rest. 

If Keenum plays I think it will help the Bills get them out of their funk. This team relies on Josh to do everything and sometimes to a fault. With Keenum the rest of the team knows they will have to pick it up. A vet QB like Keenum is good enough to get wins if Josh misses some time. This isn't a TEN situation where they give Henry the ball a 100 times a game because they have no passing game. Keenum can be a productive QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that makes sense to me. Considering that they will get the super long layoff after thanksgiving too, that is probably the smart move. 

Actually we kind of get boned on the Thanksgiving game as we play the following Thursday at NE...THEN we get the long post-Thursday layoff before the next game.

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Shefty is saying that Bills sources are telling him that it’s not as serious as 2018 that means he’s a grade 1.

It is an excellent sign he’s doing Kyle Brants show today and that the point spread is backup at -6.5….Vegas knows things before many of us know things. 
So I’m guessing he’s going to be ruled week to week 

Is this what he said yesterday or this morning?

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I'm supposed to go the Browns game with my kid.  He's not going to want to go without Allen playing.  
I'll have to move my flights.

This right here exemplifies everything wrong with todays youth.  I would have gladly taken two kicks to the nuts by Sebastian Janikowski to go to any Bills game with my father when I was a kid….Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, didn’t matter.  

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.