WEEK #9 - AROUND THE NFL GAMEDAY THREAD - NON BILLS

ColoradoBills

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm trying to think how I'd feel as a Bills fan if we barely snuck out a win against an opponent featuring,  without exaggeration, the worst passing attack I've ever seen, with Allen missing several throws and the OL giving up a bunch of pressures. Yeah I'd be happy with the win but probably wouldn't feel too satisfied about it.

Id feel like how I feel today, but less angry. 

Unfortunately we had to play a competent offense led by a character from High School Musical while KC got an offense led by a literal tomato can.  

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know how Derrick Henry only gets 17 touches in an offense in which he is the only weapon. Was he hurting in the 2nd half?

Also interesting how they don't seem to use him at all as a receiving threat. He's got wheels, so why not try to get him in space with short passes?

No quarterback, and no offense, in modern NFL is going to be amazing every game. The defenses have caught up. The average over/under in an NFL game is 45 points. 14 of 22 teams today scored 20 points or less. The Bills have been an offensive machine before. They'll be an offensive machine again. 

41 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Never really in doubt. Mahomes with 500 yards of offense himself. He isn’t capable of having Billsy performances.

So what happened in the Colts game or Bills game then?

36 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

on 3rd and 18?  Or 4th and 26?

How about 2nd and 8?  They did this on like 3 or 4 series.  He gets tackled for 2 yard gain and they let the bumb QB try and play QB.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Roethlisbeger/Bell, Warner/Folk, Brees/Kamara, Manning/Edgerrin James, Rivers/Tomlinson, Favre/Peterson, etc etc etc. Pretty sure there was a salary cap for these teams. 😅

Also pretty sure the NFL has a different philosophy in paying WRs and not running backs.  The only way this team gets an Elite back is if they luck into one in the draft or get one at the tail end of their career.  This team cant afford to pay an elite back.  Especially when the o line is terrible at run blocking.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Chiefs had 14 non-Mahomes rushing yards.

Have people forgotten that it's ALL about the QB?

Josh played like hot garbage today and we lost.

If Mahomes had been as bad, Chiefs would have lost too!

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I agree Josh was the reason we lost but IMO Mahomes was just as bad.  He just got more opportunites with the football.  After the Titans second TD, every drive they had was either 4,5, or 6 plays with a punt.  They only scored that field goal because of the turnover where again they only had 4 plays.  The Titans pretty much went 3 and out the entire game.  Mahomes also had some bailed out throws which Allen didnt have and some ref help along the way.  Mahomes played every bit as bad as Allen today, if not worse.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He sucked ( Mahomes) but he got to play against a guy that completed 5 passes 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 2

I hate both the Titans and KC but I will give Vrabel some credit for a excellent defensive game plan (including the 2011 Boston Bruins hit/cheat/play dirty on every defensive play strategy vs the KC receivers). I thought that was pretty effective and for good portions of the game disrupted Mahomes. The Titans D was also getting some great pressure on Mahomes all game. Basically the D did enough for the Titans to win. Where it all fell apart was on offense. As soon as they went away from the ground and pound and put it on Willis to get the job done it all fell apart. This was an extremely stupid strategy and the Titans drive in OT was the final disaster. What a waste of a  great defensive effort! The Chiefs for their part still look really vulnerable and its only a matter of time for Mahomes to get injured on on one of those dipsy doodle runs he does. I used to appreciate the inventiveness of Mahomes on those scrambles, now I just find it annoying how useless defenders are in even laying a finger on him.

Mahomes is still 1A and Josh is 1B as far as QBs go until proven otherwise. When it’s on the line, Mahomes always gets it done. 

That said yes I hate the chiefs so incredibly bad. I felt dirty having to root for the Titans. 

One other thing, the chiefs have figured out that you need to pair Mahomes with an aggressive defense that while it could give up a big play here and there, it also routinely gets the ball back to Mahomes sooner. Frazier seems content with a scheme that’s cool with giving up long drives that keeps the ball from josh. Then it just makes every josh possession so much more critical and any mistakes crush our chances. 

15 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Mahomes is still 1A and Josh is 1B as far as QBs go until proven otherwise. When it’s on the line, Mahomes always gets it done. 

That said yes I hate the chiefs so incredibly bad. I felt dirty having to root for the Titans. 

One other thing, the chiefs have figured out that you need to pair Mahomes with an aggressive defense that while it could give up a big play here and there, it also routinely gets the ball back to Mahomes sooner. Frazier seems content with a scheme that’s cool with giving up long drives that keeps the ball from josh. Then it just makes every josh possession so much more critical and any mistakes crush our chances. 

You mean like W6 against us? :)

Not arguing your overall point of him being slighlty better/more consisent.

57 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Did you watch the second half of the AFC Championship Game? Did you watch the Superbowl against the Bucs?

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Did you watch the second half of the AFC Championship Game? Did you watch the Superbowl against the Bucs?

Fair point and not saying that Mahomes doesn’t have bad moments too. But he’s won a ring too by being clutch. Just saying he’s still 1A for now. 

Not sure what’s up with josh. Honestly if you told me it was discovered that he was drunk yesterday I would believe you lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.