Snyder is selling the Commanders

Reed83HOF

On 11/2/2022 at 12:48 PM, DCOrange said:

They’re my local team and it’s annoying that my local team is not only an embarrassment on the field but an embarrassment off the field as well. Not to mention I like seeing people happy and him being gone will make this entire city happy. 

That's a fair response DC Orange.  I don't live in the Washinton DC area so I don't know a lot of the details about Dan Snyder.  And yes the team has been adrift for years.  I remember as a kid watching George Allen coach the Redskins.  And seeing some of his locker room speeches on NFL Films.  I loved his enthusiasm.  Thought that was awesome.

• 5 months later...

I lived in DC when Jack Kent Cooke died and the estate was forced to sell to an outsider. Snyder, whose fortune came from "marketing," whatever that is, comes along and buys the team. They were cocky fans and genuflected when Cooke's name came up.. it was pretty gross.

When listening to Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon drone on the radio about Cooke,I knew Skins fans were in for a rough journey with this rogue named Snyder. I was right. Snyder never meshed with fans. His endless bad decisions and poor behavior set the entire organization on the perpetual NFL backburner. The Skins were mired in mediocrity his entire ownership.

Will the new ownership group bring a change? I'm skeptical. The Packers notwithstanding, I don't think group ownership is the recipe for on field success.

Poor bastard, he is forced out of the club for only 6 billion dollars…

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Going to be sold for over $6 Billion...what an ROI for Snyder...

Dude is a POS who now makes Billions off being a D-Bag owner for a few decades...

That's basically how works for any NFL owner...

2 hours ago, boater said:

I lived in DC when Jack Kent Cooke died and the estate was forced to sell to an outsider. Snyder, whose fortune came from "marketing," whatever that is, comes along and buys the team. They were cocky fans and genuflected when Cooke's name came up.. it was pretty gross.

When listening to Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon drone on the radio about Cooke,I knew Skins fans were in for a rough journey with this rogue named Snyder. I was right. Snyder never meshed with fans. His endless bad decisions and poor behavior set the entire organization on the perpetual NFL backburner. The Skins were mired in mediocrity his entire ownership.

Will the new ownership group bring a change? I'm skeptical. The Packers notwithstanding, I don't think group ownership is the recipe for on field success.

The Commanders, until 2 years ago, were group owned.  Several minority owners had 40.5%

The new owner likely will  almost all of the team.

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's basically how works for any NFL owner...

The Commanders, until 2 years ago, were group owned.  Several minority owners had 40.5%

The new owner likely will  almost all of the team.

New York Times:

Harris’s group includes Mitchell Rales, a billionaire from the Washington, D.C., area, and a group of limited partners that includes Magic Johnson

I wouldn’t be surprised at all of Bezos comes in and out bids.  You know now that the owners have Walton, (the wealthiest owners in the us - thank you Wal-Mart), having Bezos of Amazon would be a coup.

He can afford anything as a toy and will make even more $ if he ever sells it some decade in the future when he’s bored.

I guess the new owners gets to settle the lawsuits that go with it. And what about that lengthy season ticket holder waitlist?! haha

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all of Bezos comes in and out bids.  You know now that the owners have Walton, (the wealthiest owners in the us - thank you Wal-Mart), having Bezos of Amazon would be a coup.

He can afford anything as a toy and will make even more $ if he ever sells it some decade in the future when he’s bored.

He's wise to wait for the Seahawks. They come with a winning program and a lot less baggage

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, that is what I'm talking about. 

The Dolphins ownership "group"  includes Serena and Venus Williams, Fergie, Gloria Estefan, Marc Anthony......

The rule as I understand it is the principal owner, or ownership group, has to hold at least a 30% stake in the team. A principal ownership group cannot consist of more than 25 people.

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

The rule as I understand it is the principal owner, or ownership group, has to hold at least a 30% stake in the team. A principal ownership group cannot consist of more than 25 people.

Correct.  Magic Johnson will be a sliver owner

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.