Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

5 hours ago, Coldfronts said:

My screen name was picked because I struggle with conviction. I rarely feel something so strongly to be true that it consumes my identity. Because of this I have developed a false self confidence of sorts. A voice in my head that tells me I am justified and correct when I finally do reach some level of conviction. I think the logic at work here is that if I am not easily convicted then I must only be convicted by something extraordinarily convincing. I say false confidence, but the truth is I trust this intuition and allow it to guide my actions regarding the “big” questions. Since most of my strongly held beliefs have taken a long time to form I am not ashamed to hold them once they reach maturity. I think this is a good thing. Another part of the way my mind works is that my convictions are subject to change. I think this is also a good thing. It feels to me that the Truth is never going to reveal itself to me as a whole so to get closer to the Truth my views should constantly be changing and adapting as more and more of the unreachable is revealed to me. Truth, I would say at this point in my life, is not entirely obtainable. However, I would also qualify this statement and say that it is every bit worth searching for. Which brings me to my main point. I do not write this to make an argument for why Truth is worth the search, that would be another topic I’d love to tackle and might at some point. No, I write this to explain primarily to myself where I am right now as far as my convictions and where those convictions are going to and coming

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Dan said:

Now I know! Thank you. Even though it was an 80's movie, I had never seen this one, though I had heard the reference "Lighten up Francis" numerous times. Reminds me of a time in college. There was a guy from France whose name was Jean. Another student was making fun of him, and called him the American "Jean". He got angry, and said "personne ne m'appelle Jean!" ("nobody calls me Jean!"). 

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, chongli said:

Now I know! Thank you. Even though it was an 80's movie, I had never seen this one, though I had heard the reference "Lighten up Francis" numerous times. Reminds of a time in college. There was a guy from France whose name was Jean. Another student was making fun of him, and called him the American "Jean". He got angry, and said "personne ne m'appelle Jean!" ("nobody calls me Jean!"). 

You now not only know it… you’ve lived it! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Some really cool names and stories. And then there’s me…I was smoking a bowl when I signed up. 
Wish I was a little more creative at the time, but I kinda like it now. 

I thought you were just short and dumb. Lol

32 minutes ago, Special K said:

1 point 21 gigawatts!!!! 

What the hell is a jigawatt!

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

Pseudonym.

Stonada? Hmm.  Italian American I presume! 

Some great stories to be sure. I’d like to hear from some of the legends as well:

@Goldenwheels @Shaw66 @virgil. Tell us your stories!

• AlfaBill changed the title to Genesis of your screen name
1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

I thought you were just short and dumb. Lol

What the hell is a jigawatt!

Stonada? Hmm.  Italian American I presume! 

Some great stories to be sure. I’d like to hear from some of the legends as well:

@Goldenwheels @Shaw66 @virgil. Tell us your stories!

Did you tag the right user name above for @Golden*Wheels? I always wondered who that Native American person was in his profile pic. It used to have glowing eyes, at least on the old BBMB.

[And thanks for fixing that typo in the title!]

Edited by chongli

Pretty simple really... NI Bills Fan, as in Northern Ireland Bills Fan.

Born and raised in Northern Ireland and became hooked on the Bills in 1990 when I was 11 years of age.  Much in part due to playing John Madden on the Sega Megadrive console and the NFL was well covered at the time in the UK on Channel 4.

I didn't join this board until a few years ago and would just like to thank you all... My fandom, enjoyment and knowledge of the game has increased since reading all you guys argue, sorry converse about this great sport. 😉😅

Edited by NI Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.