Lil' Dummy McKenzie.........offical team character builder

BADOLBILZ

9 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

With a more aware player Bills would have a good chance to be undefeated..had Mckenzie ran straight obo in miami we get the chance for the game winning kick

He's just not a very smart or athletic wr/slot guy. He has great straight line speed as a return guy but his wr skills have always been historically mediocre.  He will lose snaps because of his performance today and it's the right call. It's not about character or how hard he works.  It's about putting the best possible player out there. Shakir is that replacement. And if not him then a CMC/OBJ type player.  McKenzie's days are numbered. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1

Shakir hasn't really shown anything to justify giving him the slot job, but he also doesn't try to singlehandedly lose games for us either. If you look at all of the shoot-yourself-in-the-foot plays the Bills have had so far this season, lil' dirty has been responsible for way too many of them.  Start Shakir in the slot going forward.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Shakir hasn't really shown anything to justify giving him the slot job, but he also doesn't try to singlehandedly lose games for us either. If you look at all of the shoot-yourself-in-the-foot plays the Bills have had so far this season, lil' dirty has been responsible for way too many of them.  Start Shakir in the slot going forward.

Shakir has shown the most of his very limited touches...he has come up with some big grabs...esp against Baltimore

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

With a more aware player Bills would have a good chance to be undefeated..had Mckenzie ran straight obo in miami we get the chance for the game winning kick

There was no way he could get out of bounds.  Watch it again.  The McKenzie hate is ridiculous.   The guy has 3 tds in 5 games played and shouldve had the game winner against Miami if Josh didn't bounce it off the turf.  He didn't have the greatest game.  It happens.  Neither did Shakir for those that want to prop him up.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I saw the endzone replay of that pass. It was absolutely perfect and on target until McK stumbled through his route. To say it was behind him is just lazy.

Its only perfect if he stops his route which is what he tried to do and why he tripped.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Lil' Dummy is doing a bang up job of keeping would-be blowouts close with drops and turnovers......general physical awkwardness......and dumb decisions that cause Ken Dorsey to smash his hardware.

Sure.........they could be 6-0,  scoring 35 points per game with a better slot receiver and McKenzie on the sideline(like last week against Pittsburgh)..........but his bumbling has helped them learn how to win unnecessarily close games.

Here's to Lil' Dummy...........making easy wins difficult.   Dude is a character builder. :beer:

8frc45.gif

lol this is harsh in the most hilarious way possible, but not wrong 6 was bad today.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, mrags said:

This is 100% correct.

And this is exactly the reason why we should make a play for OBJ. As much as I like McKenzie, and as no I as he is a great team guy, he is no ODB. This offense would be incredibly better with someone like OBJ. Shakir is very good and will be the future of this team a slot. But not yet. After we win the Lombardi this year should be fine. 

The OBJ worship on this board is nuts. We have plenty of capable guys. Why not Shakir? Why not yet? Guy has produced plain & simple. OBJ is the massively overrated and not the missing piece. 

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He should have caught it but the pass was behind.  

Yup.  He caught a similar pass that was behind him on 4th and goal against the Pats last year.  I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet on him but it would behoove the Bills to give Shakir more playing time in that slot role to see if he can handle it.  Even Shakir had an awful drop against the Steelers that we would've lost our minds over if the game was close.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yup.  He caught a similar pass that was behind him on 4th and goal against the Pats last year.  I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet on him but it would behoove the Bills to give Shakir more playing time in that slot role to see if he can handle it.  Even Shakir had an awful drop against the Steelers that we would've lost our minds over if the game was close.

Absolutely Shakir should get more snaps.  I think he has earned them.  Im not letting McK off the hook here.  He was crap today.  The pass was still behind though.  Thats all I was saying.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He tripped trying to stop his route to catch the ball because it was behind.  I said he should have still caught it but that doesnt change the fact the ball being behind is why.

Yea it was not a perfect pass because as you say he had to stop his feet to wait for it. It is designed to be on time out in front. 

But Josh made a pretty good play falling back under pressure and McKenzie has to make that a touchdown. 

He had a bad game Lil' Dirty with that and whatever happened on the pitch option play on the first drive. Not heard any of the pressers did anyone say what happened there? I don't put any of what happened in Miami on him though.

I said in the week.... to me I'd transition towards Shakir in the slot. I'd still have it as a job share and there would be some man beaters in my playbook for McKenzie out of the slot but I think that should be his role. A guy who plays 35-40% on offense with a very specific package of plays. I think Shakir has a higher ceiling and is more well rounded.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was not a perfect pass because as you say he had to stop his feet to wait for it. It is designed to be on time out in front. 

But Josh made a pretty good play falling back under pressure and McKenzie has to make that a touchdown. 

He had a bad game Lil' Dirty with that and whatever happened on the pitch option play on the first drive. Not heard any of the pressers did anyone say what happened there? I don't out any of what happened in Miami on him though.

I said in the week.... to me I'd transition towards Shakir in the slot. I'd still have it as a job share and there would be some man beaters in my playbook for McKenzie out of the slot but I think that should be his role. A guy who plays 35-40% on offense with a very specific package of plays. I think Shakir has a higher ceiling and is more well rounded.

I agree.  McK should have still made that catch.  He played like crap today.  Shakir definitely needs more snaps.  Guy earned them after that clutch game last week.

Rough game by McK, but at least our resident naysayers have something to gripe about in a win - if anything you guys owe Lil Dirty some gratitude for being an easy target this week…  🤣🤣🤣

That said, let’s see way more Shakir after the bye.  On another day, Dirty could have cost us the game! :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

Just....wow.  The McKittrick hate is off the charts for a guy that just makes plays, game in, game out.  First down catches, tough TD's, solid runs, he's made dozens of good plays for the Bills in his time here.  He had a bad game today, but the haterz were out immediately after the lateral, they didn't wait for the dropped TD and the dropped pass.  How many good plays does a guy have to make before he gets a little slack?  The Miami game with 3TD's and an 84-yard PR TD didn't convince you?  His 11-catch, 125YD game against the Cheats week 16 last year didn't convince you?  Apparently not, because you're holding a few bad plays against him:

The KR fumble against the Colts last year - I was told in the GDT that this was the "turning point" in the game, and McKittrick is why we lost.  We were down 17-7 and went down 24-7, then were outscored 21-8 the rest of the way, but it was all McKittrick's fault, got it.

The INT against the Rams that bounced off him.

Not getting OB in the Miami game.

The lateral and the other bad plays today (no argument, he had a very bad game today).

He also has 3 TD's and 10 first downs this year.  In contrast, Siran Neal got abused all day long, missing the tackle on the spin-o-rama TD by JuJu, and getting two defensive holding calls to keep KC drives alive.  But I didn't see a single post in the GDT about running him outta town.  Why does Wrap get the slack and McKittrick get the hate?  I just don't get it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

He's had some really bad plays this season.  He's made a couple, but overall he's not playing like someone who is gonna keep the position.

Palmer once said no one does more with more than Brady, and no one does more with less than Allen.  Sadly, that still seems true because outside of Davis and diggs (and for a couple games motor, yay!) Our O for being numero uno struggles for stretches.

We need knox or our slot guy or someone to step up and be that 3rd weapon.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.