Patrick Mahomes favorite play vs Bills

Hermes

1 hour ago, CDogg20 said:

That trip…that was blatent and an absolutely horrendous non-call that almost completely altered the game.

Thank god the defense came to absolutely ball out today

TBH I kind of felt that pretty blatant tripping and the non-call kind of fired up our guys

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I saw the non-tripping call as a makeup for the slight hand check by Kelcie that cost the chiefs a 35 yard gain.  Then I got mad when this post reminded me of all the free defensive holding calls they gave Mahomes. 

In real speed, did anyone start screaming for a tripping call?  I know no one at my house did. After replay we did, but I can see why he didn’t throw a flag. Should he have?  Hell yes. But in real speed, I can understand why it wasn’t thrown. 

glad it didn’t cost us the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Gambling, will bring down, the NFL.

Because it's legal now?

42 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

What I don't like is that I've been watching this game for decades and yet they'll bring on some ref "expert" after every play to tell me what my eyes are telling me is wrong. 

If I can watch a game for 20 years and still be "wrong" about calls, it tells me that the rulebook is way too complicated. 

I mean, rules get revised and updated and hopefully streamlined all the time. So what rules USED TO BE has very little bearing on what they ARE. 

I feel like catches, for example, aren't the effing counter-intuitive nightmare they used to be.

17 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

I can't believe this thread exists.  And I'm not pointing fingers at the OP.  Last week it was, "what if Singletary fumbled?".  So, really, the only outcome is the one that took place today, and thank goodness that it was a W.

It stems from a frustration at the officiating league-wide. There have been countless plays this year where I watch the Bills (specifically) and think to myself how lucky they got on a call or non-call.

It's not just the Bills, it's the NFL as a whole. How many times do you see the media darlings getting timely penalties to keep them in the game? I'm sure you could do a deep dive and look to see if the better teams truly do get more calls for or against them but that would just turn out to be an exercise in futility. 

C'est la vie

Just now, Hermes said:

It stems from a frustration at the officiating league-wide. There have been countless plays this year where I watch the Bills (specifically) and think to myself how lucky they got on a call or non-call.

It's not just the Bills, it's the NFL as a whole. How many times do you see the media darlings getting timely penalties to keep them in the game? I'm sure you could do a deep dive and look to see if the better teams truly do get more calls for or against them but that would just turn out to be an exercise in futility. 

C'est la vie

In another thread I pointed out that officiating sucks, so that means any team, the Bills most especially included, can NOT make errors when they can score points.  It's infuriating, I agree.  But it also is what it is.

2 hours ago, Simon said:

My favorite was that insane sidearm throw where Kelsey got called on the push-off.

Guy's got more arm angles than anybody since Bernie Kosar.

There's almost 2 Quisenberry's on the field.

RIP Dan Quisinberry. I was a fan of  him--great relief pitcher for Royals. 

I've said this for years - they need an offsite officiating crew that watches games live and makes calls when the refs miss them. The networks have slow motion replays from every angle you could possibly imagine. It would take 5 seconds for someone to radio in and say that Chris Jones tripped Allen. For no discernable reason we're trusting game changing decisions to retired school principals that are standing in the middle of an NFL game and have to keep their eye on a million things at once. I don't get angry at the refs for missing things, they have an impossible job. I'm angry that the league doesn't take steps to fix an obvious problem with an obvious solution.

59 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

TBH I kind of felt that pretty blatant tripping and the non-call kind of fired up our guys

I agree, when we got the ball back after I knew 17 was gonna lead us down the field. Never a doubt there

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

In real speed, did anyone start screaming for a tripping call?  I know no one at my house did. After replay we did, but I can see why he didn’t throw a flag. Should he have?  Hell yes. But in real speed, I can understand why it wasn’t thrown. 

glad it didn’t cost us the game. 

Did anyone in your house have a clear view from less than 10 feet away?

The tripping should have been called on Jones.  There were some ticky tac holding calls on Buffalo CBs when KC receivers were within 5 yards of the LoS.  There were also a few bad/questionable calls that went against KC.  

Edited by BigAl2526

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.