Patrick Mahomes favorite play vs Bills

Hermes

Seriously. 

How much do the Bills win by without numerous (2-3) drives extended by penalties for 1st downs, or non calls that would've obviously changed the outcome of a play.

It's not just this game and not just against the the Bills. The Refs clearly show bias and it's getting more and more obvious to even the common fan.  The Bills have been fortunate in this regard since Allen but the overall officiating is horrendous.  There have been a handful of times where the bills should've gotten penalties or non calls against them and it worked in our favor. 

IMO the Bills have been on the "right side" of these calls this season but it still points to the inability of the NFL to have capable Refs. How ridiculous is it that a multi-billion organization can't at least be impartial when it comes to the rules that govern the game!?

I don't care if the Bills get more calls against the weaker teams in the league, so long as the overall game is called consistently and fairly for every team. 

How many times have you seen a flag and then the network doesn't show a replay or there's a convoluted explanation why the call was right.. 

TL:DR, Refs suck, Bills didn't benefit tonight, but overall they have.

images.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

How often do they call holding for what they were calling defensive holding on? So ticky tack like the replays showed it and it was like, that happens every damn play. Except somehow it extends chiefs dead drives at least twice for automatic 1st downs. 

Then no tripping call.

No block in the back on the punt immediately after the no tripping call.

Refs gave the chiefs every opportunity to win this.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I kind of agree

if you watched every play I’m sure they held just as much but we called for like 5 def holding and 3-4 on third and longs 

it was annoying go bills

I think that's the worst part.  It's not just on a run of the mill 2nd down, it's when the cards are on the table the refs control the flop.

I mean, the big play doesn't reach home..  just look for the flag. Marquee team/players generally get the calls to keep the game alive. It would be nice to just watch the players play and not have to worry about a great defensive stop or offensive gain negated by a redundant penalty.

• Like (+1) 1

No doubt that officiating, as is par for the course, is bad at best.  Every single game, even if you're not watching the Bills, is like that.  It's infuriating, frankly.

So the only way to counter is to put points on the board, and to power on.  Early in the game the Bills just missed opportunities, and when you play these tough games and rely on officiating, you shouldn't.

(Otherwise it was an incredibly satisfying win, make no mistake.)

• Agree 1

Teams always make mistakes which are more significant than any blown call, but that’s part of football.  Honestly the refs control the outcomes of way too many games.  This is one where the Chiefs should have won, the Refs gave them the edge.  TB last week is another example.  Heck basically ever close game win of Brady’s career was given to them by the refs.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

No doubt that officiating, as is par for the course, is bad at best.  Every single game, even if you're not watching the Bills, is like that.  It's infuriating, frankly.

So the only way to counter is to put points on the board, and to power on.  Early in the game the Bills just missed opportunities, and when you play these tough games and rely on officiating, you shouldn't.

(Otherwise it was an incredibly satisfying win, make no mistake.)

Talk about cathartic! I'm so happy the Bills pulled out the W! Regardless of any other factors. Beating KC at Arrowhead is huge for team morale/confidence and seeding purposes. 

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And then 5 minutes reviewing the final interception from 15 angles to see if there was anything they could call to give the ball back to KC.  

Hahah right!? It's like 'oh, this play could potentially end the game, better scrutinize it ad nauseam. Don't worry about the calls earlier in the game. Those don't really matter (unless it affects the spread)'

• Like (+1) 1

What I don't like is that I've been watching this game for decades and yet they'll bring on some ref "expert" after every play to tell me what my eyes are telling me is wrong. 

If I can watch a game for 20 years and still be "wrong" about calls, it tells me that the rulebook is way too complicated. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.