NFL Week 6 broadcast maps: Bills-Chiefs nationally televised on CBS

RiotAct

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Damn...so this is basically another Prime Time game for the Bills without being in a Prime Time slot...nationally televised meaning it's the only game on CBS at that time.

Game of the year.  We're approaching prime Manning/Brady territory here - and our two QBs are actually FUN to watch.

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Jets had a strong draft and made the right decision to move on from Darnold and reset their rebuild behind a new rookie QB. I am not sure if it will pan out but philosophically they are making the best attempt. If anything they are a more watchable team than they have been and have some hope for the first time in years.

I think they're set up better than the Phins over the next few years, IF, and it's a big IF, Wilson turns into a serviceable quarterback.  

• Like (+1) 2

• SDS pinned this topic

Although nationally televised on CBS, there are two other 4:00 games on Fox (Panthers/Rams and Cardinals/Seahawks). Would be interesting to see the ratings and viewership numbers on the other two compared to us.

One would think the NFL would want this to be a true prime time game to at least get someone to tune into those other two games.

4 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Although nationally televised on CBS, there are two other 4:00 games on Fox (Panthers/Rams and Cardinals/Seahawks). Would be interesting to see the ratings and viewership numbers on the other two compared to us.

One would think the NFL would want this to be a true prime time game to at least get someone to tune into those other two games.

Looking at the map and comments CBS has scrapped broadcasting either of those games for Buffalo vs KC. And honestly, why not? If I am a broadcast company I am hoping for the fireworks these two teams put on last year in the playoffs.

As a Bills fan, I hope for the game earlier last season that seems to be forgotten.

34 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Niners are better than anything the NFC has to offer

Would not be surprised to see Eagles vs 49ers in NFC Championship game.

2 best teams in the NFC. And it isn't close.

6 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

I think a lot of America likes to tune into “America’s Team” just to watch Jerry pout from his box when they eventually blow it.

I hate the Cowboys--and they are boring as Hell--but they have a huge following, for whatever reason.   

This explains why the game isn’t on prime time. One big reason - more eyes on the 4:25 Sunday game than the Sunday evening time slot. 

https://buffalonews.com/entertainment/television/alan-pergament-heres-why-bills-chiefs-isnt-in-prime-time-and-is-being-played-in/article_8e65a16e-4982-11ed-b6bf-e31ecd271458.html

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

This was CBS #1 pick for the year.  This game decides the rematch.  Buffalo needs to win to make Mahomes and KC go on the road.  Mahomes and Allen have a key fact in common.  Neither have won a road playoff game. 

The quality of the performance matters. Allen's last road playoff game, he played at as high a level as any QB ever has in the playoffs.

We really don't know what Mahomes would do in a hostile stadium, he's never had to do it. He wasn't up to the challenge at the neutral site of Super Bowl LV.

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

The quality of the performance matters. Allen's last road playoff game, he played at as high a level as any QB ever has in the playoffs.

We really don't know what Mahomes would do in a hostile stadium, he's never had to do it. He wasn't up to the challenge at the neutral site of Super Bowl LV.

He played the SB in tampa against tampa 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Every podcast (of other teams)/ youtube channel/ football show can't believe Bills vs Chiefs is not prime time.

NFL fans in general are excited about this game. CBS backed into a viewer gold mine.

Philly vs Dallas is going to be a war. Specifically Eagle offense vs Cowboy defense.

It may not be high scoring, but it will be a regular season show down. 24-20 Eagles.

I hope Dallas wins I don't want to keep hearing about Hurts as an MVP candidate with 4 passing tds

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Every podcast (of other teams)/ youtube channel/ football show can't believe Bills vs Chiefs is not prime time.

The thing is, ESPN and Amazon Prime would have lower viewership then a top 4:25  game. So it makes the schedule makers to give NBC this game every single year if it needs to be primetime. Which isn't fair to Fox or CBS. I expect this to be a Fox game next year.

Edited by wagon127

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

How the mighty media darlings have fallen….New England v Cleveland now  gets spotty coverage, replaced by Ravens v Giants. 

Allen and Mahomes are this generations Brady and Manning. Back then Colts vs Pats was must see  tv. Many games between them decided who was the #1 seed and then you had the playoff matchups. It's same now with the Bills and Chiefs. Everybody knows it which is why this game is getting all of the hype.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.