Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

14 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

I can understand not wanting to give up certain assets for CMC, but anyone who doesn’t think he would be an upgrade at the RB position is just nuts. 

Every position can be upgraded besides Allen and Von's right now. You don't upgrade positions just to upgrade at a big cost when your team is 5-1 (6-0 if not for the entire OL having a heat stroke)

Edited by motorj

13 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

I can understand not wanting to give up certain assets for CMC, but anyone who doesn’t think he would be an upgrade at the RB position is just nuts. 

In addition, if hasn’t been stressed already, Beane may consider CMC to be more than just an RB.  If I recall, he paid Beasley like $8/$9M a year.  The Bills are still trying to solve for an RB and slot receiver over the next few years.  I don’t believe in overpaying for RBs, although Beane may consider CMC to have more value than just that.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

And Chris Kelsay.

Kelsay will always have a special spot in my heart. I had a former co-worker who is college buddies with him and told me when Kelsay re-signed with the Bills before it became public news.

In my first and only “scoop,” I broke the news on this message board before it hit the media (much to everyone’s dismay). 

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Hard to say what other teams might be willing to give up for CMC. The rumors of multiple first rounders are pretty absurd. I don't see any team giving up that for a CMC with his injury risk and a devalued RB position. So I think it's plausible that 2nd round picks are in play. 

How good would CMC be in San Francisco's run scheme? 

Looks like you were rather prescient in your post.  We were both right suggesting it would either be SF or the Rams according to Rappaport.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks in 2023, and a 5th rounder in 2024.

HARD PASS.  Not at all worth it for a pass first team with the best QB in the NFL.  Love CMC as a player, but there was zero percent chance Beane was paying that.  And thank god he didn’t.  

On a side note, if I am the Niners, this makes a lot more sense.  He elevates their style of play and I think makes them the favorites in the NFC when their defense gets healthy again soon.  And they could be a dangerous foe in a SB matchup.  

My wife is ecstatic as a Niners fan, especially since it increases the odds of a Niners vs Bills Super Bowl.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just want to point out that this board was against trading for Saquan Barkley because he cost too much, injury prone, and not good anymore.

He did cost too much.

His 5th year option cap hit is around $7.5M and as was told to you and the other Barkley clucking chicken heads.......over and over.......Barkley had ZERO incentive to accept any kind of pay cut......or sell his future services low.......because all of his remaining money was GUARANTEED.

So what combination of the few $3M-$5M cap-hit players that they signed do you not sign to make cap space for a trade for Barkley?

Not signing Von Miller and Jordan Phillips would have saved only $8M in cap room,  for example.

Some of you nonsensical "stud RB's win championships" truthers don't realize how small the Bills had to make the cap hits of Miller, Jones, Settle, Phillips and Saffold to fit them under the cap.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He did cost too much.

His 5th year option cap hit is around $7.5M and as was told to you and the other Barkley clucking chicken heads.......over and over.......Barkley had ZERO incentive to accept any kind of pay cut......or sell his future services low.......because all of his remaining money was GUARANTEED.

So what combination of the few $3M-$5M cap-hit players that they signed do you not sign to make cap space for a trade for Barkley?

Not signing Von Miller and Jordan Phillips would have saved only $8M in cap room,  for example.

Some of you nonsensical "stud RB's win championships" truthers don't realize how small the Bills had to make the cap hits of Miller, Jones, Settle, Phillips and Saffold to fit them under the cap.    

Extension can lower cap hit. 

And I hate paying RBs. Just enjoying conversations. Agreeing is boring.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Extension can lower cap hit. 

And I hate paying RBs. Just enjoying conversations. Agreeing is boring.

AGAIN.........he had no incentive to sign an extension and sell his future services low coming off two terrible, injury riddled seasons...........neither the Giants or any acquiring team had any leverage over him contractually because his remaining money was already fully guaranteed.

And the Giants are in terrible cap shape so they weren't interested in eating cap space for anyone to facilitate a trade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.