Singletary was close to fumbling with seconds remaining

Einstein

Baltimore wanted to let Buffalo score.  Oweh got a ton of heat in the moment from his teammates and from fans/media after the game.

Oweh said he wasn’t trying to tackle… just take one punch to force a fumble and let him in the end zone if it doesn’t work.  Oweh said Singletary was going to go down regardless.

This makes me feel like Oweh did the right thing… was really close to a huge play.

I'm not sure I would say that was close to a fumble.

It was a hell of a punch from the defender though, RIGHT ON the ball...

He had that thing wrapped up with 2 arms and survived the punch out  b/c he was paying attention.

I don't see an issue there.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Christ, he's got two hands on the ball too.

Dingleberry is small, weak, unathletic. We already drafted his replacement in Cook.  Can't wait to see him go and run someone with athleticism back there. 

The RB position in this offense has such insane potential for production it's ridiculous watching that get wasted and yardage left on the field. Need someone that can break it to the house. 

Hoping Cook is ready to contribute after the bye. 

yeah so small and weak, pretty sure i could beat him up and i am 51 and out of shape lol, the dude is a NFL RUNNING BACK,  none of them are small, weak and unathletic, I hope u being scarcastic

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

It does matter because you won’t always be so lucky.

People often ignore issues because of a win, until they resurface in a loss.

Like our inefficiency in short yardage situations. I created a thread about it after the first 2 wins and people said “we won!”

Well, yeah. But then we didn’t. And not being able to convert short yardage was part of the problem.

But we can all count on you starting a new thread about it if there's any way you can put a negative spin on it.

Of course you'd create a thread on it, as you can find a bad angle for this too.

How come you've not yet created a thread how we're the #2 defense in the league or the #3 offense.  Then again if you did, I'm sure it would be nothing more than to point out the negative in not being number 1!

You must either be the most miserable person in the world or the most desperate to shows others how smart you think you are.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But we can all count on you starting a new thread about it if there's any way you can put a negative spin on it.

Of course you'd create a thread on it, as you can find a bad angle for this too.

How come you've not yet created a thread how we're the #2 defense in the league or the #3 offense.  Then again if you did, I'm sure it would be nothing more than to point out the negative in not being number 1!

You must either be the most miserable person in the world or the most desperate to shows others how smart you think you are.

I actually started a thread titled “I’m so proud of this team”, but it was merged into another thread that had nothing to do with my thread.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Never saw this angle before. Watch how close Singletary to blowing the game here. Time for a RB upgrade!

Start a thread on the Martin punt and I'll definitely post my thoughts on that one play.

53 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Seriously?

Visualize they are going to punch/strip the ball, that is EXACTLY how you would cradle the boy.

Absurd thread about a non-event.  

Sorry, but that isn’t exactly how a ball should be cradled. One arm over, one arm under and both hands on the ball is the proper technique. The only issue with that is a runner loses speed/agility but it certainly is the most safe form when protecting a football.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Honestly in my opinion it is a story. The guy is small 5’7 or so right? He has short arms. He is more vulnerable to fumbling than a guy 5’10 or taller. He is also considerably shorter than your average NFL RB don’t you think? He fumbled and lost it once last week and almost did again. I love the guy but I’m just stating facts here

Ok Einstein. I get you love Breece, but to create another account and say the same things is just a bit too much.

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I actually started a thread titled “I’m so proud of this team”, but it was merged into another thread that had nothing to do with my thread.

Your posts have nothing to do with reality, so like there's no difference here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Never saw this angle before. Watch how close Singletary to blowing the game here. Time for a RB upgrade!

Never saw this angle before.  Watch how close Evil Kneivel was to landing the jump here!

Evil.jpg

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

He's lost the ball (an actual turnover) 3 times in 4 years. 

Whether a teammate bails you out and recovers the fumble is irrelevant to whether you actually fumbled or not.

32 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

This is almost as good as your shortened vid of the Ingram strip sack where you fail to show DE blowing by the tackle and blame Singletary for the sack.

Singletary absolutely shares blame with Dawkins on that play. It’s not a shortened clip. It’s an angle from behind the QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.