If You Had to Choose, Would You Rather Have #1 Seed or a Healthy Team Going Into the Playoffs?

st pete gogolak

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Neither will likely happen 

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Like someone else said, neither particularly likely at this point, we just have to hope the Bills can play consistently enough to beat the teams we're supposed to beat.   They're going to have to clean up the mistakes or this is going to be a Season of Regret and we already have enough of those

How are we only 3 weeks into the season and people already have this outlook? One loss and getting guys healthy and being the 1 seed now can’t happen? Did you expect them to go undefeated this season? Was that the only way they would get the 1 seed??

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

To answer the original post, I think a healthy team is a higher priority.  As to the #1 seed, it is still within reach.  KC, LA Chargers, Baltimore, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Cleveland, etc. all have a loss.  Sure, Miami is 3-0, but do you really think they'll win in Buffalo later in the season in sub 100 degree weather when the Bills will presumably have most of their roster available?  I do think the next 2 weeks will be tough if the Bills don't get a bunch of their guys back.

I see some of your points, but I keep seeing this line of thinking on the board that if we just beat Miami in Buffalo all will be well.

The Dolphins upcoming schedule after Cincinnati is charmin soft and they will be strong favorites in 7 consecutive games. They have also now forced us to probably sweep the Jets and Pats to match their likely 5-1 AFC East record. Then 3rd tiebreakers and beyond enter the equation.

It's going to be an uphill battle for the Bills to pull ahead of Miami. I think they will do it, but it won't be easy, especially given the injuries. I think we'll need at least 12 and possibly 13 wins to take the division

46 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Lol, f you’re talking purely numbers, I agree. Only 2 teams get the #1 seed and no one is completely healthy at the end of the year. 

If you’re trolling and saying the team sucks and the trainers blow, you’re diluted. 

You read a lot into a simple statement ... so maybe its you with the issues...

38 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

How are we only 3 weeks into the season and people already have this outlook? One loss and getting guys healthy and being the 1 seed now can’t happen? Did you expect them to go undefeated this season? Was that the only way they would get the 1 seed??

Its a reality check for some..  a lot of people just assumed that we are going to stroll through the season into the No 1 seed....  I always had some doubts with the Schedule and now i think its going to be tough with the injuries...

Personally I can live without the No 1 seed.. it didnt do the Titans much good last year.. Just go into the playoffs in their best form .,,

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Its a reality check for some..  a lot of people just assumed that we are going to stroll through the season into the No 1 seed....  I always had some doubts with the Schedule and now i think its going to be tough with the injuries...

Personally I can live without the No 1 seed.. it didnt do the Titans much good last year.. Just go into the playoffs in their best form .,,

Pathetic answer. 

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You don’t think it’s a bit out of reality to think the 1 seed is no longer possible after 3 games?? And I will ask again (since you didn’t answer it) did you think the only way to get the 1 seed was going undefeated? Would you have had this same overreaction if they had lost either of the first two games instead? 

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I'd take health over seeding because if this team is healthy they will beat any team on any field.

This is the answer. No team has any business beating any other team in the NFL with everything that was stacked against us yesterday, never mind the only 3-0 team left in the AFC. But we were still only a few mistakes short of increasing our win streak of a 2+ score margin. An injured Gabe dropping a TD, a hurt Allen missing an easy TD throw, and Milano dropping an easy pick-6 prevented this game from being another blowout.

We likely don't lose to the Chiefs last year with Tre playing either. 

Home field advantage will never replace good players and good players win games.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

You don’t think it’s a bit out of reality to think the 1 seed is no longer possible after 3 games?? And I will ask again (since you didn’t answer it) did you think the only way to get the 1 seed was going undefeated? Would you have had this same overreaction if they had lost either of the first two games instead? 

I didnt answer your question because its ridiculous..

There have only been two undefeated No 1 seeds since 1970.. 

Let me ask you a question... How is my original statement in the thread an "over reaction"? If anyone is over reacting here its you...

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Pathetic answer. 

Yep.. definite issues

50 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

That’s the spirit!  Now go kick a puppie or two and steal a toddlers lollipop 

Can you provide me some sunshine and joy happy one?

Edited by Aussie Joe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.