Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I know that if a team's communication system isn't working the other team can't use theirs.  It seemed absurd that if a team chose not to use something, it meant the other team couldn't use it either.

It's by design..the Dolphins have been getting away with opting out of all cooling devices and things of that nature bc they simply know they don't need them being in the shade while their opponents cook like an egg in non stop sun for 3 hours

Just now, Billever76 said:

It's by design..the Dolphins have been getting away with opting out of all cooling devices and things of that nature bc they simply know they don't need them being in the shade while their opponents cook like an egg in non stop sun for 3 hours

It's the only stadium in the nfl that has an unequal advantage for the home team when it comes to the elements....that covering that was installed in 2014 that shades the Miami bench has seen their early season abysmal home record improve 250% since installed

• Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m sure he does… Dude activated 5 RBs for Sunday’s game. He soon realized they had no shot of running the ball with any success after that 2nd series.

Bills passing yds/game 329

Second best team - the stacked Chargers 297

McD wants his crew to be a running team. They signed Saffold after all! 

Maybe just take the L on the whole running thing. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

It's the only stadium in the nfl that has an unequal advantage for the home team when it comes to the elements....that covering that was installed in 2014 that shades the Miami bench has seen their early season abysmal home record improve 250% since installed

September champions!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/26/2022 at 2:50 PM, newcam2012 said:

I don't know how you can't be concerned about Lamar. The guy is playing at an all time high and the Bills defense is so banged up. Scheme can only take you so far. It's like having the best jockey on a so so horse. The horse usually doesn't get the win even though he has the best jockey. You need a live horse just like the Bills need quality experienced players. For many, it will be the first time facing the dynamic explosive Lamar. Add in Balt is at home and that causes me great concern. The Bills will have to execute much better on offense than yesterday. 500 yards of offense is great but 20 points is not. Balt defense at home will not likely drop the interceptable balls Allen threw. This is a big test for the Bills.

My early prediction is:

Balt 35

Bflo 28

Unless it’s 100 degrees of full sun on Sunday, This team will be 💯 better than what was fielded on a day in Miami, all things considered  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Fred Slacks said:

Looks like they’re calling for rain Sunday. I’m sure that could shift as we get closer. 

i live in DC…

thevtiming and track are the isdue.

Saturday looks to be an all day rain. Sunday during the day can be rain too…but it depends greatly on the storm track.

thr closer the center is the more windy it will be where there can be 25 mph+ winds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

The only thing besides a coin flip that stops Josh Allen? Flipping weather. Now a freakin hurricane and Baltimore run game. 

The Baltimore run game is Lamar Jackson. He can be contained and the Bills staff has proven that in the past. The greater challenge is how the Bills react and adjust on their offensive side.

I know we’re onto the Ravens, but taking a little step back to the Dolphins for a moment, I was just watching Josh’s weekly segment on Kyle Brandt’s podcast and let me just say - I had NO IDEA Tommy Doyle played in the game on a torn ACL because we didn’t have anyone else that could play. What a f’n warrior. I’m already rooting for Doyle just for being a Bill, but I’m hoping for a speedy recovery and that Doyle develops into a solid oline piece for this team next year. He’s forever got a fan in me. 

• Like (+1) 2

The thing that bothers me about the Ravens is that nobody in the media says that Lamar Jackson should run less. Josh, who is 3 inches taller and at least 25lbs heavier, is always told to run less. If josh keeps doing that, he’ll end up like Cam. but the smaller Jackson should keep rushing for 100+ yards a game like it won’t take a toll on him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The thing that bothers me about the Ravens is that nobody in the media says that Lamar Jackson should run less. Josh, who is 3 inches taller and at least 25lbs heavier, is always told to run less. If josh keeps doing that, he’ll end up like Cam. but the smaller Jackson should keep rushing for 100+ yards a game like it won’t take a toll on him.

I wouldn't take it personally.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

1. Lamar doesn't take the type of hits Josh takes.  

2. Its possible that Lamar has turned the corner, but I still think Lamar isn't a starting QB in this league without the threat to run ( I will admit he looks improved as a passer this year in what little I have seen from him).  Allen could play a Rodgers type game and dominate from the pocket and scramble when its there.  We don't need to run QB read options and jet sweeps with him in order for him to be an elite threat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I mean we've heard "he'll break down" or some derivation of that since his rookie year...

8 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Funny no one cared for years until Sunday. The crying about the heat is crazy anymore.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.