Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Team #1 is obviously vastly superior

Guess we gotta let the phins have the spot light for a week or two

Once teams get a read on how McDaniel coaches tua and the phins offense things might fall apart quick 

Yup.  The better team doesn’t always win.  Just have to make sure we do in the next matchup 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The thing that bothers me about the Ravens is that nobody in the media says that Lamar Jackson should run less. Josh, who is 3 inches taller and at least 25lbs heavier, is always told to run less. If josh keeps doing that, he’ll end up like Cam. but the smaller Jackson should keep rushing for 100+ yards a game like it won’t take a toll on him.

I would argue that because of his size and his running style Josh takes significantly more abuse than Lamar. We rarely see Josh get lit up. But not that long ago we saw Josh get wishboned and thrown to the ground. Lamar does a good job of avoiding contact where Josh in some instances welcomes it.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

NFL Week 4 Power Rankings

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34670270/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-2022-1-32-poll-plus-rating-qbs

Top 6:

1. Miami

2.Buffalo

3. Philadelphia

4. Kansas City

5. Los Angeles Rams

6. Baltimore

They're one of two undefeated teams. It is what it is. Everything will regress to the mean. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

The way they are winning games isn’t sustainable. Their defense bleeds huge yards every week, and Tua has looked pedestrian in all of his games except for 1.5 quarters. I guess we’ll see, but I don’t buy it.

Also interested to see how their rookie head coach adjusts in the middle of the season. He has one year of experience as an OC, and now he’s a HC.

They're gonna be this year's "weakest undefeated team in history" Steelers.  Same thing is going to happen to them as with the Pats last year where they got all uppity after squeaking out a win in terrible weather conditions, then we stomp them in the second game and possibly playoffs.

54 minutes ago, eball said:

Great stat.  Collinsworth was interviewed last week and basically said (about Burrow), "sometimes you've gotta just get it out quicker."

I've watched every Bengals game this year and in key moments Burrow holds to ball too long, waiting for a play to develop down the field. His TT stats don't bear that out because they also throw a lot of screen passes to WRs and Mixon that skew the average. He also doesn't feel the rush particularly well.

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

They're going to get a Wild Card spot based on a very weak schedule (just like the Bills have, starting after the bye) and then get bounced in round one. Count on it.

If we end up with the #2 or #3 seed again, you bet I hope our WC match-up is Miami, like we did to New England last year.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s more likely Spencer Brown just continues to struggle with pass protection… he was just as equally awful at it last season.

Surely weather did not help, tough to get an accurate read on why he had a bad go of it Sunday. I noticed Brown getting pretty early in the game. I assumed he was benched. 

Guys went down for the heat, but I "think" that Spencer might be the only one that went down for the heat and never returned. I could be wrong on that though. 

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

They're gonna be this year's "weakest undefeated team in history" Steelers.  Same thing is going to happen to them as with the Pats last year where they got all uppity after squeaking out a win in terrible weather conditions, then we stomp them in the second game and possibly playoffs.

Dolphins are 31st on defense, 13th on offense and should be 1-2 based on if the Ravens and Bills making critical mistakes whether it be not making a 4th down or being down to you depth secondary players (Ravens), or the missed FG, the missed pass to McKenzie, the heat and the injuries before and during the game (Bills)

The statistical mean almost always plays out and I expect the Dolphins to revert to their statistical mean, go about 11-6, make the wildcard and get beat in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, uninja said:

They’re playing 2021 Titans style ugly ball. It’s incredibly opportunistic, risky, ugly to watch and needs a healthy dash of luck every most weeks, but it’s getting it done. 

They might luck out and ugly ball themselves to the playoffs, maybe even the one seed. I just don’t see this style of ball as the kind that gets you playoff wins and a SB. 

Have a friend who's a huge Titans fan and he described them as this years Titans as well.  

Tennessee fanbase knew they were never as good as their record... wanted to believe they were, but deep down knew it was a house of cards.  Somehow they gutted their way to the 1 seed, but to a fan, they all knew it would come crashing down in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats what I said before.  I dont think its all oline.  

Burrow still trying to play last years style of ball where people were sleeping on Chase. It doesn’t work anymore because there’s a year of tape of Burrow doing this with Chase, Boyd and Higgins. Teams are planning for it well but Burrow is still trying to hit the big play every snap and holding the ball too long. 

He’s getting sacked a ton because he’s greedy. It worked last year, but this is the NFL and what worked last year will get taken away from you next year as teams study tape/tendencies. Adapt or die. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.