Opportunity for Leslie Frazier.

gjv

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

coaches. 

not just Frazier 

WTF knows what KC would have done with a Live Ball 🏈 

Oh, absolutely. It was a coaching failure from McD to Frazier and right on down the line to the position coaches and players as well. Somebody has to know the game situation, speak up, and make sure everyone is on the same page. We were confused and that made it way too easy for an offense like KC’s and the players they had. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Leslie Frazier is old and a defensive coach.  The league likes young offensive minds.  It works.  Look who won the Super Bowl last year.  A young offensive mind.  Look at how the Dolphins turned their team around.  A young offensive mind.  Look at the Giants turn around.  A young offensive mind.   Even the Bills have to admit it was a young offensive mind, Daboll, and now Dorsey that turned the Bills around.  Our GM and head coach put together a great team, but it was our offense that made the Bills elite. The league likes points.  It is exciting and it leads to better fantasy/gambling interest.  The NFL is an offensive league.  Even Belichick is now a dinosaur. 

Who would you hire right now?  Dorsey or Frazier?   No brainer.  I expect Dorsey will be gone at the end of the year.  My guess, Carolina. 

They should just pay Frazier as the Top DC in the League or very nearly , and everyone should be okay with that. Especially Leslie.
SB are what matters. Not  coaching titles. be selfless and be a team Guy. I am sure he is though. 

Go Bills 

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I agree, huge opportunity for Frazier.  I was going to select him in the "pick one player" thread but technically he doesn't qualify.  It is Frazier's time to shine, everyone knows we're shorthanded and yet I have a feeling this D is going to contain the Fish.

I also think it will take a good plan out of Frazier to do it.  I've seen people say "keep everything in front of you" stuff and I disagree.  Frazier needs to mix it up.  Letting the Fish keep it in front plays to the lack of arm strength of Tua.

And to the Bills2022, I believe you're jumping the gun a bit by claiming the Dolphins have turned their team around.  If Frazier shows the blue print to stifle the Fish in a decent beatdown with our backups, the whole narrative about the upstart Dolphins will come crashing down.

I’m curious, are you ever embarrassed by your owner? 

😋

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

The kickoff was just the initial blunder. Our coaches played the last 13 seconds like they didn’t understand that KC had timeouts remaining. 

I think Levi Wallace admitted on someone’s podcast that he played the sideline when he shouldn’t have on that last play before the fg….I can’t remember what he said word for word though so I may be misremembering 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Leslie Frazier is old and a defensive coach.  The league likes young offensive minds.  It works.  Look who won the Super Bowl last year.  A young offensive mind.  Look at how the Dolphins turned their team around.  A young offensive mind.  Look at the Giants turn around.  A young offensive mind.   Even the Bills have to admit it was a young offensive mind, Daboll, and now Dorsey that turned the Bills around.  Our GM and head coach put together a great team, but it was our offense that made the Bills elite. The league likes points.  It is exciting and it leads to better fantasy/gambling interest.  The NFL is an offensive league.  Even Belichick is now a dinosaur. 

Who would you hire right now?  Dorsey or Frazier?   No brainer.  I expect Dorsey will be gone at the end of the year.  My guess, Carolina. 

Dorsey will not become a HC next season (not after just 1 year as a OC).  I am sure indy is now bitten by Frank Reich.  The same has happened in LA (Chargers).  What about Arthur Smith..There are so many Offensive HC who have failed or failing.  Even McDaniels had a lousy outing in Denver.

3 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I also think it will take a good plan out of Frazier to do it.  I've seen people say "keep everything in front of you" stuff and I disagree.  Frazier needs to mix it up.  Letting the Fish keep it in front plays to the lack of arm strength of Tua.

Yes it needs to be changed to "keep everyone under bottom of you".  Physical game is key.

4 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

So you give all sorts of credit to other teams head coaches and then immediately put down McDermott and give all of the credit to his OC…nice

also can we pump the breaks on giving so much praise to teams that have only played 2 games with a new head coach? 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So you give all sorts of credit to other teams head coaches and then immediately put down McDermott and give all of the credit to his OC…nice

also can we pump the breaks on giving so much praise to teams that have only played 2 games with a new head coach? 

Offensive coaches are the key to everything.  Blame the NFL.  After the boring 13-3 Super Bowl the league created the current NFL. They want points.  Sorry but our OC is more important than our head coach right now.  The Bills are going to go as far as the Offense takes them. The defense still matters, but you aren't winning anything without an elite offense. 

Edited by Bills2022

Just a side note. McDermott was a defensive coordinator too. Frazier may very well be a great defensive mind, but the Buffalo defense looks much more like the Carolina defense that McDermott ran than the defense that Frazier ran in previous jobs. As far as Frazier going somewhere else, he is getting old. Perhaps, a team will overlook that and hire him. Perhaps not. For now, I'm just happy that he is here.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

He is the DC. 

You are talking about the ST blunder of not squib kicking to run down the time. 

woulda coulda shoulda 

13 seconds 

Music City forward “lateral”

Wide Right 

Stop living in the past 

read what I quoted and you have a better understanding of why i said it. not living in the past.

14 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

His age is a huge negative for a HC job.  Also a defensive guy is not first choice.   Fortunately for us this benefits the Bills.  It would be good karma if he got a shot though.  

Karma, and a 3rd round comp pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Just a side note. McDermott was a defensive coordinator too. Frazier may very well be a great defensive mind, but the Buffalo defense looks much more like the Carolina defense that McDermott ran than the defense that Frazier ran in previous jobs. As far as Frazier going somewhere else, he is getting old. Perhaps, a team will overlook that and hire him. Perhaps not. For now, I'm just happy that he is here.

I find this interesting because we all obviously know this, but does the average NFL fan? They look at buffalo, see 40+ points and the best offense in football and do they really look at McD and think defense?

The HC position is so much more than what side of the ball you have experience with. The intricate knowledge and experience needed at this level often makes coordinators masters of both sides of the ball. 

Once a guy becomes an HC, he no longer, in theory, has a side of the ball. He just wants to win football games

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.