Why I Want to Beat the Phins so bad this week

WhitewalkerInPhilly

I have lost my 'hate' for specific teams as the years have gone by. Not quite sure.  Only 2 ideas I have why I may dislike a team more than another. 1.)  When I see a fanbase act like entitled jerks more than other teams.  2.)  When a team gets 'too good' for 'too long' and I just want to see something different.

I really don't have any dislike for Miami right now because they don't fit into either of those categories for me.

16 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I like the City, i have friends there, but agreed, the Browns have become unlikable in a way I didnt think possible, like a Heel in old school wrestling

I actually really liked the city the last time I was there. The Rock and Roll hall of fame is fun, I liked the Michael Symon restaurant I got to go to, the Cleveland Children's Museum was a blast as a kid, and I have family that needed to make regular trips to the Cleveland Clinic so I have nothing wrong with the city itself. But this stuff is new lows

Fc8yclbWYAE7z-Y?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I actually really liked the city the last time I was there. The Rock and Roll hall of fame is fun, I liked the Michael Symon restaurant I got to go to, the Cleveland Children's Museum was a blast as a kid, and I have family that needed to make regular trips to the Cleveland Clinic so I have nothing wrong with the city itself. But this stuff is new lows

Fc8yclbWYAE7z-Y?format=jpg&name=small

I'm so glad that blew a 13 point lead with 2:00 minutes to play.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They’re only two games in, but I do believe that McDaniel has helped him turn the corner. So far he’s been better than Flores ever was

We'll see.  I heard this when they had a 7 game winning streak last year and won 7 of 9 in 2020 only to lose to the Bills by a lot in the finale where they didn't make the playoffs and we played our back ups.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Some guys in this thread are old. 

I remember a game in 1975 against the Phins where a Miami fumble, late in a close game, went between the legs of an official. Pat Toomay, who the Bills picked up in the offseason from Dallas, went to retrieve the ball and knocked the official over as the ball was rolling between the official’s legs. Toomay recovered the fumble but was flagged for contacting an official. It cost us the game and the losing streak to Miami would have ended. One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I live in NJ so for me its the Jets who I enjoy seeing the Bills beat the most. Many family, friends, co-workers are Jets fans. I don't know one Dolphin or Pats fan. Anyway this week Squish the Fish.

My ex boss, from 2001 to 2004, was a diehard Jets fan.  Needless to say, those were three of the most frustratingly difficult years of my life.....

I took a job paying less money AND 30 minutes further away from home simply for the peace of mind lol....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Really not worried:

image.thumb.png.f47a40eba3246de967ce31e2289c18d1.png

image.thumb.png.cafda10ab921558fc630dd039ff6c003.png

They beat a meh Patriots team and only scored 20.  Prior to the 4th quarter of Ravens game they put up only 17 points between the second half of Pats game and 3 quarters of the Ravens game. 

7 of those points against NE were a defensive score as well.  

• Like (+1) 3

I live in Miami and the fans are on a big high right now. 

I think im ok with them being happy....but we should stomp them into the ground. If we were 100% healthy wed prolly blow them out of the water.

So im hoping we get healthy and stomp them so I dont have to sweat and or deal with the fans and media down here for the rest of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I guess because Miami is a big market or something the Dolphins get a ton of undeserved hype. Like you said, any sign of possible quality play and the media jumps on board. They're like the Cowboys of the AFC. 

Can't stand it.

This.

The Dolphins are a glamour team with a rich history. The media loves to lift these teams up.

Went to Buffalo at Miami game in 2003. If there is a Hell it must feel a lot like leaving that humid ***** hole stadium after Bills got their a$$es kicked. Freakin Travis Henry pass. Ironically we were 2-0 going into that game too after beating the crap out Pats at the Lawyer Malloy game and taking care of J-Ville pretty easily. Very different team though. Squish the nasty fish. Go Bills

7 hours ago, Art in PNS said:

0 for the 70"s , nuff said.

That is so dead now, it's not relevant any more.

The rivalry between these two teams died close to 20 years ago, if not more.

But Bills fans for some reason love to keep it alive and pretend it's real.

We have a MUCH bigger rivalry going with KC now, for example.

7 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Obviously, we all want the Bills to throttle the Dolphins. But as I am getting ready for this game I've realized: I don't think there's a team left on the schedule who I so viciously want to dominate, and that puzzled me.

Obviously, I want to knock off the Chiefs but we proved that it can be done in the regular season last year, and if we don't manage it Week 6, there's darn good odds that we get another bite at the apple in January.

I want the Bills to beat the Ravens so I can have bragging rights versus a buddy of mine. I want the Bills to beat the Browns because eff those guys. But there is no one else left on the schedule that I would dread losing to. So why are the Dolphins bothering me so much?

Basically, it comes down to this: I remember back to 2020. The Bills had knocked off the Jets by a safe margin and edged out a division rival in the Dolphins (Fitz has played out of his mind) but now was the moment that the world told them they were in for a reality check. They were headed in to face the Rams, who had been to the Superbowl and had aspirations. And so the world said, "alright nice story but now it's time for a reality check". Sure, Stephon Diggs was a nice addition, and maybe they would scrap in but now they would be facing an elite team. Now, we know what happened as the end result, which is why we shouldn't get too cocky.

But I don't remember many "Man, this would be a statement win for the Bills" takes. I don't remember many "Josh Allen will be on the short list for MVP if this goes well" takes. I don't remember people asking if the Rams had been anointed too soon. And yet, I am hearing this level of hype for the Dolphins and it boggles my mind. I have heard legit questions of Tua being a dark horse MVP candidate after 7/8 quarters of meh play.

It took the Bills taking the 2nd seed and smacking the Ravens in the playoffs to be treated as legit contenders, and we still got "they're a nice underdog story". And, god forbid, if we lose, the Dolphins hold the head to head tiebreak and a 2-0 division record until we face them again...in mid-December.

I want this narrative to die horribly, and now. 

Bury 'em boys.

This is why this game is simply massive.

We lose and we might not have a chance to retake division lead until December again. And looking ahead at Miami's schedule it's much more inviting than the Bills who still have some very tough matchups ahead in the coming weeks.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That is so dead now, it's not relevant any more.

The rivalry between these two teams died close to 20 years ago, if not more.

But Bills fans for some reason love to keep it alive and pretend it's real.

We have a MUCH bigger rivalry going with KC now, for example.

I don't know if I would call the Chiefs a rival even with the recent playoff games. But Mahomes vs Allen are like the modern day Brady vs Manning matchups.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.