2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

4 hours ago, skibum said:

Wow, just when you think Stephen A. Smith can't be any dumber. Trying to make it like Mahomes' game against the Bills was qualified MVP material. Those two picks were bruuuutal! 

Until last week, any reasonable person could have given Mahomes the edge, based on his career, 13 seconds, and continued stellar play. He was the reigning MVP candidate until proven otherwise, and that proof was delivered last Sunday.

How much evidence do you need?

It's a debate show. It's entertainment. Not actual opinions. They can't all just say Josh Allen, even though everyone knows he is the clear MVP, even Stephen A. It's clear in his answer that he's just making up crap to have a differing opinion for the purpose of the show.

4 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

It occurred to me this week that the KC game might be the difference in MVP voting. If both guys are pretty even the rest of the way that game will most likely be the deciding factor

It was huge. Being the 1 seed is a big factor in the MVP race. 

Edited by Process

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

MVP numbers took a hit with this one...

I swear you sit on this thread and wait for any possibility to suggest Josh isn’t good enough to be MVP. 

“No, I just tell you how the voters think.”

Cool, Gene. Appreciate the perspective from a guy casting a ballot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen is winning MVP as long as we end up the #1 seed. One sloppy half changes nothing. Everyone knows he is the main reason we are a Super Bowl contender and he beat his only competition head to head.

If Allen gets the #1 seed and finishes strong you gotta like his chances. The best thing is there is no way we get the #1 seed without solid Allen performances. 

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: Allen underwhelms in a 10 point win (21 TDs, 358 YPG & 65.5% Comp %--Packer talk 28+)

Allen is still in the front, but he can’t have too many 2 pick games. It’s ok to throw 1, but 2 picks per game is nasty. Allen needed to throw that 2nd pick into the dirt and take 3 points. It made the game interesting, but I would have preferred 3 points. Going up 30-17 puts the game effectively out of reach. 13/25 2 TDs 2 picks is a below MVP  game. If Allen wants to win MVP he needs to play smarter football. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Such a weird game. Buffalo clearly the dominant team. Allen clearly the dominant QB. Yet, he missed multiple throws he typically routinely hits and threw 2 pretty boneheaded interceptions. And don't accuse me of being overly critical... Josh said so himself.

Personally, I expect him to have a spectacular bounce back game next week :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And to be clear, Josh is still the frontrunner for MVP. He was just so friggin far ahead before tonight's game he allowed the rest of the pack to catch up a little.

As a tangent, I find posts like this humorous, don't you?

Except this excludes rushing... kinda matters here.

Josh 7407 yards

Burrow 6956 yards 

Josh 322 YPG

Burrow 302 YPG

Josh 61 TDs

Burrow 54 TDs

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

A hit... yet despite a mediocre game by his standards he's still the frontrunner... 

go figure...

This was the first week of this season where I’m expecting his MVP betting odds to blow out…

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

I would agree with this. But this thread is about MVP, so giving my thoughts on that.

Also, I know that passing TD's have always trumped rushing TD's when voting for this award (for QB's), but there seems to be movement on this due to all the multifacited QB's now.

This just shows ignorance on your part considering Cam Newton and Lamar Jackson.

What trumps everything is team record because th QB on the winningest team has the greatest chance to win NFL MVP.

And to establish objectivity since you brought it up, were "corrected" but didn't realize you were corrected incorrectly... you're right, Josh has more Turnovers than Patrick. It's 3 more, not 1. There were 2 fumbles lost credited to him... fairly or unfairly. However, Josh has 1 more TD, pretty dead even on yards and most importantly is on the team that has the better record and won the head to head thanks to him, rather than in spite of him.

Josh still clearly in the lead.

28 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And to be clear, Josh is still the frontrunner for MVP. He was just so friggin far ahead before tonight's game he allowed the rest of the pack to catch up a little.

As a tangent, I find posts like this humorous, don't you?

Except this excludes rushing... kinda matters here.

Josh 7407 yards

Burrow 6956 yards 

Josh 322 YPG

Burrow 302 YPG

Josh 61 TDs

Burrow 54 TDs

It also excludes the bills being through the meat of their schedule this year…we have some blowouts of bad teams incoming.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I'd have to go back and look at thier  numbers, but iirc Jackson had crazy passing stats in his MVP season as well as rushing. There is also other factors with these two QB's and the voting.

Josh Allen has had two games where he played so well he didn’t even play in the fourth quarter the people that vote for MVP are not as stupid as you’re making them out to be

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It also excludes the bills being through the meat of their schedule this year…we have some blowouts of bad teams incoming.  

Plus Josh sitting for about 10% of the season already due to blowouts

55 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I'd have to go back and look at thier  numbers, but iirc Jackson had crazy passing stats in his MVP season as well as rushing. There is also other factors with these two QB's and the voting.

It would have taken you less time to look this up than type this post.

You understand why everyone just looks at you as a troll, right?

• Eyeroll 1

Josh is so much better when he runs,  and he turned down some 3rd down scrambles and other runs last night to save on contact.  I certainly don't mind.  We all need this man to be healthy for the playoffs..  but a few drives would have been kept alive had he run more.  

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Our next 2 games are against teams a combined 11-4 …….the first 7 games gauntlet is actually 9 😎

5 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Yeah but one of those teams is the Jets. Allen should have a big day against them. 

The Jets are gonna be tough to rack up the score on. Think they are 6th in yards and 11th in points. They are a good defense this year. Quinnen Williams is having his best year as a pro, CJ Mosley is finally the guy they paid for, Carl Lawson is active off the edge and not unlike the Bills the edge rushers come at you in waves with rotational guys who can make plays. They also have a totally overhauled secondary with Joyner and Whitehead at safety and DJ Reed and Sauce at corner. Their defense is legit. 

Luckily their offense remains a bit of a mess and their QB self destructs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.