Bills sign Dawson Knox to 4-year $53.6 mill extension ($31 mill gtd) through 2026

YoloinOhio

Just now, Bandito said:

He still isn't a top echelon TE. Though he is about to be paid like one. He is a meddling TE and we got duped by how many TDs he scored last year to pay him a ton. TDs are fluky as we are seeing this season with him. I am hoping he picks it up the rest of the way.

It is as if you have no idea at all about how to measure a player's worth...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bandito said:

I do. And he isn't a top TE in the league, but is going to be paid like one. I'd like to see a bigger sample size before giving him all that $ that we could spend smartly elsewhere. Take off your rose colored glasses.

No, you clearly don't. You just spew information that shows nothing more than a shallow understanding of the ways in which the value of a TE is measured.

But hey, you do you and carry on your crusade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No, you clearly don't. You just spew information that shows nothing more than a shallow understanding of the ways in which the value of a TE is measured.

But hey, you do you and carry on your crusade.

Blocking TEs don’t make the money he’ll be making.

The reality is that in order to get a return on this investment he’s going to need a lot more usage in the passing game. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I do. And he isn't a top TE in the league, but is going to be paid like one. I'd like to see a bigger sample size before giving him all that $ that we could spend smartly elsewhere. Take off your rose colored glasses.

have you thought about starting a podcast with @ArtVandalayand @EffKCChiefs?  you could call it the think tank.  it would be marvelous.  

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I laid out facts as to why he is not an elite TE and did not warrant a big contract. You were upset about it and said I have no idea how any of it works. My take was using facts. You use emotion which is never a good sign. It is very juvenile. Enjoy being on the wrong side of this one and Go Bills

Why are you so angry?

Knox is great, lost in the shuffle of all this sudden hate is that the idea that he's about to be paid like one of the top TEs in the league is that he's not.

He didn't top/reset the market, there's a bunch of guys ahead of him when he signed the contract, in a year or two he'll be in the middle of the pack.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Bandito said:

He still isn't a top echelon TE. Though he is about to be paid like one. He is a meddling TE and we got duped by how many TDs he scored last year to pay him a ton. TDs are fluky as we are seeing this season with him. I am hoping he picks it up the rest of the way.

He is the 7th best paid Tight End in football. Who is beneath him and not on a rookie deal who you think is better? He is paid right around his value. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He is the 7th best paid Tight End in football. Who is beneath him and not on a rookie deal who you think is better? He is paid right around his value. 

And we still have to remember that he was a low floor/high ceiling project who has improved each and every year (book is still out on this season as there's 11 games to play)?  We aren't just paying for what he was in his first three seasons, but who he can (and I believe will) become in the next 4-5.

6 minutes ago, Bandito said:

15 catches

148 yards

1 TD

His production does not warrant being paid in the top echelon of the league. We need more production from him. Comparing does not matter. Other TE's are over valued as well and are way over paid too.

Goalpost.gif

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bandito said:

The Bills paid him after 1 good season. 

He only has 1 TD so far. The Bills, like many other teams over paid for players who had a fluky good year. We see it all the time in free agency.

You might be jumping the gun on this champ. He’s 7 games into a season in which he lost his brother in the offseason, just scored the game winning TD against our #1 nemesis and you want to claim with 100% certainty that Beane signed him to an awful contract which hasn’t even started yet.  Please sit in the corner for 10 minutes and actually think about what you post.  

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I am sorry you can't handle the truth. Just pointing out facts. He has not lived up to expectations this year after a stellar year last year. TE TD production is fluky and it seems he was paid according to his TD production last year.

You realize his production isn't 100% on him, right? It depends on how involved in the game plan he is and what Dorsey has dialed up for him and who they're facing that week. 

On top of that the guy has been playing injured and with a heavy heart after the tragic loss of his little brother. I'm willing to cut him some friggin' slack right now. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bandito said:

The Bills paid him after 1 good season. 

He only has 1 TD so far this season to go along with 148 receiving yards. The Bills, like many other teams over paid for players who had a fluky good year. We see it all the time in free agency.

I think those who disagree with you, myself included, would point to the overwhelming success of the passing game this year.  Knox is a part of that.  He's a legitimate weapon who teams have to account for which helps open up the entire field for all of our other playmakers as well.  Do you really think you could put a Tommy Sweeney in there with zero dropoff?  

I agree with you that the production hasn't been there yet this season, but I view that as more of a usage issue than anything performance based.  But we've already seen Knox's importance and reliability with his huge grabs against KC and Baltimore that helped us win those games.  I suspect we will see a bump in production in the near future.  If not, and he continues on this current pace and posts 320 receiving yards, then you can come back in here and take a victory lap.

6 minutes ago, Bandito said:

15 catches

148 yards

1 TD

His production does not warrant being paid in the top echelon of the league. We need more production from him. Comparing does not matter. Other TE's are over valued as well and are way over paid too.

No offense, but man I hate this logic.  Its clear people in this thread don't understand the job a TE does out there.  It's a lot more than just offensive stats.  Anyone solely focusing on Knox stats doesn't understand what a complete TE does.  But thats just part of why I hate this logic...

Bills have the #1 offense in the NFL.  Josh Allen is on pace to shatter...not break...but utterly shatter the NFL record for most yards in a season.  Current record is just over 5500 yards, Allen is on pace to break it by more than 800 yards with a 6300 yard season.  What do you expect Allen to do?   Up his pace to 7000 yards to make sure Knox gets an extra 700 yards to satisfy the contract expectations? 

Otherwise, what do you want Josh to do?  Pass less to Diggs and Davis just inflate Knox stats to make you feel better about his contract?  If our offense was struggling and we didn't have playmakers everywhere, then yeah, why aren't we getting more production from a guy capable of more would be a legit question.  

But this board is impossible.  No matter how good we play, they want to find something to complain about.  We are on a historic pace on offense...yet people freaking out we don't get more rushing yards or more yards to a TE.  Knox is doing exactly what he is being asked to do.  

NOTE:  I said ALL offseason...not only would Knox NOT reach last years level of production, but its likely going to go down.  Not because he was not capable, but because we were loaded offensively.  If Knox needed to be featured more as a receiving threat, he is totally capable of being that guy who could step up and do that.  

I also find this ironic given the last time the Bills were on the field Knox literally won the game for us and likely the end result of that win will be the #1 seed in the playoffs.  

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bandito said:

15 catches

148 yards

1 TD

You can't catch the balls that are not thrown. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I am sorry you can't handle the truth. Just pointing out facts. He has not lived up to expectations this year after a stellar year last year. TE TD production is fluky and it seems he was paid according to his TD production last year.

facts: Knox is clutch. We’re not even halfway into the season. His blocking is superb. He’s versatile. He’s a receiving threat. You are on a silly crusade.

These are facts. Deal with them.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.