When do you typically get big game, game day anxiety?

Royale with Cheese

On 9/6/2022 at 2:31 PM, Rampage said:

Thereโ€™s no anxiety because I canโ€™t control the outcome so if we lose it has nothing to do with me.
ย 

Excitement though has set in. Been waiting months for this and to finally forget the last 13 seconds in Kansas City.

Did you sleep during the entire season last year ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ this year we are out to forget the Bengals manhandling us. 13 seconds was last year's moment

I think the Bills might be very good this year.ย ย 

ย 

I also know that I don't know.ย  We won't find out until the games are played.

ย 

This Jets game will be a hint.ย  Though sometimes season openers are deceiving, so maybe it won't be a hint after all.ย  ย 

ย 

I figure the Bills have a roughly 10% chance of winning the Lombardi this year.ย  That's good - better than nearly every other team.ย  But it still means there's a 90% chance that I'll end the season with disappointment.ย ย 

ย 

In short, I am curious and hopeful and excited.ย  But not anxious...ย  yet.ย  I'll be nervous at the opening kickoff but only then.ย  Not before or after.ย  Which is exactly how I was when I played football in school many years ago.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like (+1) 2

I do but it manifests itself in quite different ways between Arsenal and the Bills.ย 

ย 

I often have night before dreams on the eve of a big game for both. But then on a game day with Arsenal I almost don't want the game to get here. I want to push it off into the future. With the Bills it is the opposite I want the game here asap. That is why I like the early Sunday games. Anything later I am like "get the game here now".

57 minutes ago, Success said:

Sports aren't fun.ย  I don't really understand the concept that they're supposed to be.

ย 

ย 

They're fun to play.ย 

Watching with no control over the outcome can be ....... not fun.ย :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.